+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The MOST EXCITING post-show discussion thread ever! *Spoilers*

I just finished watching - I had to come online to comiserate. What the heck just happened???

I am disgusted by Jenna all the more. Heidi, out of desperation, makes the overtures to Christy and all Jenna can do is look like she can't stand to be within 100 feet of Christy.

I'm upset that Christy is gone and Jenna is not. I am upset that Christy acted so emotionally. I am downright pissed off that Jenna sat there looking so smug, preaching about how hard she's worked, how she's played a "moral and ethical" game...

And.....

I hate Jenna's TC speech about how because she is better looking "other women don't like her", and that isn't a reason to get voted off because she's had to work twice as hard because of it. If anything, she has worked the least!!!

FORT Regular
    Does anyone know if Christy will be on the Early Show tomorrow? If so, what time does it air (Eastern Standard Time)? I'd like to tape it. She was by far my favorite, and I am still in shock that she is gone!

I am still laughing at Christy saying she's in the driver seat right before she gets kicked 4-2. Come now Christy, you get a sense of power for one episode and you act like you're a goddess.

And as soon as I saw 2 Jenna votes at TC, I knew Christy was gone. MB will never show 2 votes and only 2 votes of the person being kicked.

I think it is ironic that the person who made the strongest case against Rob's backstabbing is the very person planning to vote off her closest friend next week. Next week, Heidi says something to the effect of "it would give me an advantage to vote off Jenna".

Rob is betting on how fickle a jury can be. And it has been shown in past seasons that some jury members will obviously put aside past friction to vote someone they think really deserves the title of survivor. Jeff's little advice at the end "It's one thing to get to the final two, but an entirely different thing to get the necessary votes to win" isn't as helpful as one might think. I think one should concentrate on getting to the final two, and hoping that the jury member's criteria for what makes a true survivor fits his or her strategy.

I am sad to say that Jenna has as good a chance as anybody to win this things. All the players left, except Butch only think of one thing: to win the million dollars (as they should). This means alliances will be very chaotic during the next two episodes. Factor in immunities and it could be anybody's game.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Even Jeff looked pissed Christy was booted

Originally posted by Zaius
    I am still laughing at Christy saying she's in the driver seat right before she gets kicked 4-2. Come now Christy, you get a sense of power for one episode and you act like you're a goddess.
    It always happens this way, doesn't it? Arrogance is the kiss of death, even though Christy's mistake was made long before Tribal Council. She waffled. She flip flopped. She sat on the fence. She should have told Rob whatever he wanted to hear, even if she planned to vote with Jenna and Heidi. Her hesitancy caused Rob to make the move that sealed her fate.

Like I posted earlier, I'm disappointed that Christy acted so emotionally by being cocky in tribal council, and in the way she delivered her final words (though funny and right on target).

I am really amused actually, that so many people who play the game expect everyone to be honest and forthright. How offended and hurt they get at being "screwed over". How vengeful they get when someone "does them wrong". Which is why I am impressed/amazed at the way Rob is playing. He has lied to every single person in the game and still manages to dodge the bullets whizzing past his head. How does he do it???

My best guess is by being consistent. He has been lying and scheming consistently throughout the whole game, and it has propelled him thus far. Go Rob!

P.S. And go Matthew (love this guy more each week!!!)

I haven't read any of the rest of the thread yet. But I just finished watching the show, and I have to say..."Why, Christy?!?!" Even if she was waffling on the proper way to vote, don't tell anyone! Keep it to yourself. Tell Rob whatever he wants to hear.

I'm absolutely crushed that they didn't get rid of Jenna and break up that disgusting twosome. But Christy brought it on herself because she wasn't playing well. I feel bad for her, definitely, but you gotta use your head!

If Rob gets his vile threesome and kicks off Butch and Matt, my entire digestive tract is going to erupt out of my mouth. First of all, he'd be an idiot to put himself in the final three with those two. His only path into the final two at that point is by winning Immunity. He's got to hitch his wagon to the one guy who really trusts him and who could possibly win every Immunity the rest of the way. Forget Matthew's selflessness this episode, and ride him to the finish.

And then lose to him.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

If Rob gets his vile threesome and kicks off Butch and Matt, my entire digestive tract is going to erupt out of my mouth.
    *passes Paulie a pre-emptive barf bag*

I know how you feel. I actually said it out loud that if Jenna wins I will stop watching Survivor.

I'm such a liar. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Zaius
    Next week, Heidi says something to the effect of "it would give me an advantage to vote off Jenna".
    Yeah, she said it but it was probably MB and the editiing just like Jenna's "I almost fainted" quote.
    "It would give me the advantage to vote off Jenna", and then next week we hear the rest, "But I would never ever ever do that because we're like bestest friends for life!!!":rolleyes

I almost puked at Jenna's "I have morals and values" speech to Rob. OK, if Jenna has morals and values, then the world is in real trouble because she is a super stuck up and cruel bitch. I was disgusted when Heidi was talking to Christy and Jenna was acting like Christy didn't deserve the time of day. If they weren't desperate, they would never even have spoken to her.

It's a shame that Christy was voted out. And, I'm concerned for Butch now. I think he'll be the next to go, unless he gets immunity. He has absolutely no alliances, and it seems like he has no friends either.

This Survivor season is the best one so far. I can't wait til next week.

Well I was hoping that Jenna would go after she gave up immunity but that didn't happen. Sad to see Christy go but you knew that was going to happen when she said she was in control at the TC. It gets them every time. For being a social ass that Rob is, he is playing one hell of a game, lets hope that Matthew is playing one under the radar and gets Rob booted soon.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

It is my belief that both Rob and Matt changed their votes when Jenna gave Heidi the necklace. It is just a gut feeling that the idea was for the 4 to vote of Heidi. When jenna handed over immunity, butch and Christy both figured "hey, one is as good as the other" but both Rob and Matt realized that Jenna is the better bet to take to the F2. Cant vote her off, and since Rob and Matt probably had a conversation about Heidi vs. Christy(remember, Rob did suggest Christy to the 2 girls....I think in an effort (originally) to hedge against christy possibly voting for him) and Jenna's value in the F2, that Matt also did the math and turned on Christy.

Wow! Kinda convoluted, but it really seems like the politics of interpersonal relationships is coming out, and Rob is a master!

I think its Heidi out next. Then Butch. Then Rob.

One thing that really bugged me about this episode(aside from the Christy booting) was the fact that in all of the "strategizing" conversations, not one person even thought about the issue of "someone gets immunity every 3 days" Of course, that could be edited out.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread