+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCR Alert TONIGHT! Bush Speaking

Bush Speaking

I heard a very brief thing on the radio earlier, and I THINK I heard the guy say that Bush would be addressing the nation tonight.
    Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone know what time and if it will interfere with my Survivor watching over here on the east coast??
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

NooooOOOOoooooOoOOOo!!!!

Why does he always interrupt Survivor, for heaven's sake?!? Can't he interrupt Sabrina, the Teenage Witch or something?!?!?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

What does he really need to say anyhow that he can't save for his weekly radio address?

Are y'all going to war again?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fan
    I just checked out CBS's main website page and nothing was mentioned there. Then I checked out the CBS news page. It stated there that President Bush will be addressing the nation from on board the USS Abraham Lincoln at 9:00 PM (Eastern).

So, I guess it's CSI which is being pre-empted and not Survivor.

9PM Eastern is 7PM Mountain, which is when Survivor normally airs out here. I am pissed off right now.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Paulie
    9PM Eastern is 7PM Mountain, which is when Survivor normally airs out here. I am pissed off right now.
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that Paulie! I'm sure CBS won't alienate their West Coast audience. Won't they air the episode immediately following Bush's address? That's what they did the last time one of his speeches pre-empted Survivor.

Do you have a buddy with a dish? They'll be able to get it on one of the umpteen channels they have in the Eastern or Central time zone at it's regular time.

Yeah, I just called the station. Survivor will air in its entirety when Bush is done speaking. That just means I have to sit there next to the VCR and be prepared to hit the Record button at a moment's notice.

Why does he always pick Thursday nights?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

This sucks!! I'm going to write to my congressman! There should be a law!

Can't they just tell us he will be speaking, and let the 7 people who care tune into CNN?

Or, better yet, just run these things in the morning when I watch the news?

This messes up my whole night! Do I run out to do my errands early, hoping to be back in time? Or wait till after Survivor, hoping that the Pres keeps it short? Urg!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Its only supossed to be a 20 minute speech. So the programs tonight wont be delayed that much. Just sit back hear what he has to say about us winning the war and say a prayer for those that were lost, and hope he says they found the remains of you know who

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast