+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCR Alert TONIGHT! Bush Speaking

FORT Fan
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Yeah, I just called the station. Survivor will air in its entirety when Bush is done speaking. That just means I have to sit there next to the VCR and be prepared to hit the Record button at a moment's notice.
    Yeah...I had to do that too when Bush pre-empted Survivor in my time zone a few weeks back! Fortunately, Dan Rather came on after his speech was over giving me some indication that Survivor was about to begin...I was in a totally different room at the time and had to sprint back to the front room and search for my VCR remote. Luckily, I was there in time to start recording!

Good luck, Paulie!

I have Ultimate TV(a TIVO type device), and I also live in the mountain time zone, where Survivor is supposed to start right at the same time the Prez is supposed to speak. So, unlike you VCR owners, I have to Cancel the original recording of Survivor, and then find a way to record the show when it comes on....somehow circumventing the program guide(which is the basis of how to record shows). I can start recording Survivor at 730 PM, no problem, but at 8pm when the guide says CSI is on, my unit will stop recording! I guess I am going to have to sit there and babysit it.

Oh well, a small price to pay considering all of the benefits of the unit.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Originally posted by dobolina
    I have Ultimate TV(a TIVO type device), and I also live in the mountain time zone, where Survivor is supposed to start right at the same time the Prez is supposed to speak. So, unlike you VCR owners, I have to Cancel the original recording of Survivor, and then find a way to record the show when it comes on....somehow circumventing the program guide(which is the basis of how to record shows). I can start recording Survivor at 730 PM, no problem, but at 8pm when the guide says CSI is on, my unit will stop recording! I guess I am going to have to sit there and babysit it.

Oh well, a small price to pay considering all of the benefits of the unit.
    The unit will actually record by the time the show is set to start so just set it to record all of CBS Prime time and you will get survivor and CSI. Now the lucky people like me who have a Time Warner DVR can record to channels at once, so I will just set it up to record NBC and CBS.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    What does he really need to say anyhow that he can't save for his weekly radio address?

Are y'all going to war again?
    Didnt you hear, Miss F?? GW just watched "South Park:The Movie" recently and he's pissed at Canada now!!

LOL

OMG, what the hell's he going to be banging on about now?

Why the hell does he always have to do this?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    President Bush is going to announce that he believes Heidi Strobel is hiding two weapons of mass construction!

Care for a jelly baby? TheDoctor's Avatar
    At the risk of getting myself banned after a measly 4 posts (and thus not being able to achieve my goal of posting 14,364 more comments so I can beat both John and Fluff) I have to offer a dissenting opinion.

I'm willing to wait an hour or so for Survivor in order to watch the President. After all, he's probably going to announce the final outcome of Survivor: Iraq and formally declare that the USA, Britain, Australia, a bunch of other nations and most of Iraq itself have voted Saddam out of the nation (and perhaps voted him right into that big Loser Lodge in the sky).

That's the kind of Reality TV I can really cheer for. And an hour later, I can get back to loathing Rob and watching him get the boot (pleaseohpleaseohplease...)

Now I just gotta figure out how to tell my Dish 501PVR how to do that. Thanks to cali and others for the heads-up.

Ban The Doctor!!!!

Just kidding.

BTW, is TheDoctor a reference to Doctor Who, by chance? That's what I think of when I see your handle.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Care for a jelly baby? TheDoctor's Avatar
    BTW, is TheDoctor a reference to Doctor Who, by chance?
    It is! Therefore you should know that banning me will have no effect, as I will simply regenerate into another incarnation. Ha! (or if I'm out of regenerations, I'll just steal someone else's identity like The Master did a couple of times. Maybe I'll take Fluff's.)

I was going to have a spiffy Doctor-and-Tardis avatar when I joined, but my current avatar (as I mentioned in another thread) is your fault for being too funny.

I think the Doctor makes a good point. And well put, so us Survivor nuts can understand it!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast