+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

I know we don't have a whole lot of Samoa deets yet, however this fits right in with the timeline of Samoa and S20 being shot back-to-back. I found this article by way of Perez Hilton from thrfeed.com:

UPDATED: A federal judge has shot down Richard Hatch's request to join the 20th season of "Survivor." Guess asking the court, "Can I go on 'Survivor' while being punished for not paying taxes from winning 'Survivor'" didn't work.

PREVIOUS: Reality TV's original villain Richard Hatch may return to the show that made him famous.

Court documents filed Friday show that Hatch has been invited to participate in the 20th cycle of CBS' "Survivor." Hatch is petitioning a federal court for permission to leave the country and participate in the show. The season will film for seven weeks in Samoa, just like the upcoming 19th round. Hatch is currently confined to his home, having been convicted on tax evasion charges.

But before fans get too excited, Hatch recently asked a judge to release him from his final 90 days of confinement to travel to Argentina and get married, but was turned down.

The government is trying to block Hatch's request, saying the former corporate consultant should not be allowed to leave since he has not yet paid $400,000 in back taxes -- from winning the first season of "Survivor."

“Judge Torres found that Hatch was in need of supervision, including mental health counseling and that Hatch perjured himself extensively during the trial," the government wrote in a filing.

Hatch points out that participating in the show will help him pay the taxes, and that has demonstrated he's not a flight risk by returning from outside the country to face charges previously.

The news of Hatch's request has essentially confirmed that the 20th cycle will be another All Stars edition of the show, but there might be an added twist: Former cast member Coby Archa wrote on a blog the show will be organized into "heroes vs. villains." Archa said he was not invited on the show, though knows of other former cast members who were. The "heroes vs. villains" concept is something fan blogs have been speculating about for a while, but the format has not been confirmed by the network.

Hatch and CBS have had a rocky history, with the contestant at one point accusing producers of allowing cheating on the show (in the form of contestants sneaking food onto the island).

His petition is somewhat similar to former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich asking a judge in April to let him travel to Costa Rica to participate on NBC's "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!" but with a key difference: Blagojevich was requesting to cross the border before a trial that could result in a prison term; Hatch is merely asking for some weeks to be shaved off the conclusion of his house arrest.

CBS declined comment.
    Well at least we know that Richard won't be back, sadly Coby won't. I can bet you though that Coach will be back...have plenty of beverages handy.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

I'm not really sure if I like this concept, as I didn't quite trust the first picks for all-stars (Amber? Jenna L.?) or favorites. I wonder if this means they'll be bringing back former AS/FVF contestants for the third time. I won't object to more Ozzy () but cringe at the thought of Fairplay, Parvati, or any of the so-called fans from season 16 (except Tracey, I felt she got a raw deal). It's so hard to imagine anyone from the early seasons returning. There weren't really many left out that I'd want to see again, and certainly many I don't want to see for a third time. And the thought of Coach, his sidekick, Corinne, Randy...really anyone from Gabon except Sugar. Blech Considering how AS turned out, I bet it'll be a bomb anyway. The strong and well liked will get targeted and we'll be left with people like Amber, Jenna, Corinne...good lord, I hope Rupert doesn't get an invite back.

USA Today had a blurb on the front page of it's Life section that mentioned Hatch wanted permission to go film next month in Samoa. For a 10 year anniversary edition, if possible, I'd love to see them go back to Borneo where the first season took place.

Well this season may be my last...I did not like the all-stars and will not watch another.
    There's no place like home!

I'm tired of them bringing people they think we all love back...been there done that..bring us new and more interesting people please
    "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole" Roger Caras

I have a feeling Natalie would be back...Coby said that there were no gay or lesbian people asked, but he said "I didn't say bisexuals weren't asked" and then says "Natalie from FvF was bi...no?". I know we'll probably see Coach, but Corinne, Randy, Tyson...go home please. As far as the original All-Stars, I know the only two people who turned it down were Colleen and Elizabeth. I don't want to see anyone who was already on an All-Star season also. I would love them to bring in some of the Marquesas people, personally.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

We have not seen/heard from Rob & Amber....they should be coming back
    There's no place like home!

I hate any All Stars concept. I can't believe they're willing to bring people back for a third time!!!

Probst hated it the first time. I can't imagine he'd be happy doing it for a third time. I figured they'd do something special and to do with previous seasons for the 10 year anniversary but I wasn't expecting a full out AS version again. I had read on another forum quite a ways back Rob/Amber were having some marriage issues I could handle seeing Rob M. again. But the boring, coattail riding, only won because she couldn't think for herself and didn't play the game but let her honey do all the work Amber? No thanks. I'll never understand how she made it the first time.

I know Courtney (China), Peih-Gee, and Candice all turned down fans vs favorites. Why Natalie? She gets 5 minutes of air time near the end of her run for going completely psycho. No one knew who she was before that. I wonder if that means her love interest Parvati will return. I believe Coach is nuts, but I always believed a lot of his behavior was for an unofficial audition for AS2 1/2. And I feel people become sidekicks to those like him in hopes they'll bring both back. The only ones who've done it before that I'd truly care to see for a 3rd time are Rob M. and Ozzy. I'd love to see Kelly W. from season 1, and Kelly G. from season 3. It's hard to think that far back, but I'm guessing the majority of picks will be from later seasons anyway. I also don't trust the producers choices for who they think the audience wants to see. Being a villian isn't being a disgusting piece of crap like Corinne and Randy, or a hero being a boring wall flower like Alexis and Amber. Hopefully it won't be a complete disaster like the first AS, and more like FvsF where people actually smartly play the game and not have some stupid agenda going in, like getting even with previous castmates (Jerri Manthey) or voting off people because they won/did well (Jenna L).

Refil3d

I'm really looking forward to seeing...
    Villains
    Corinne
    Coach
    Randy
    Natalie

Heroes
    Tom
    James
    idk about heroes, perhaps a Good VS. Bad season! I REEEEEEEEAAAALLLLY wanna see Natalie from Micronesia there, or Alexis!

Tom (from Palau, if that's who you mean) reportedly turned down FvsF though I'd love to see him come back. I'm guessing other villians would probably be: Coach, Randy, Corinne, Natalie, Dreamz, maybe Rocky, Tyson, and heroes would be Yau-Man, Terry, James, Sugar, JT, Ozzy (I hope ), Micronesia Erik (I could see them giving the poor kid a chance to redeem himself after his immunity necklace blunder), maybe Tracy since Jeff did say she was one of the more underrated players. If they bring back past contestants who've done it before, along with James, Ozzy, and Yau, I could see them asking Cirie, Parvati, Jonathan, Rob M., Hatch (I really hope he can't make it just to crush his ego).

+ Reply to Thread