Burton Roberts PI
    Jonathan Libby Palau
    Aras Baskauskas EI
    Jerri Manthey AO
    Ghandia Johnson Thailand
    Sandra Diaz-Twine PI
    Courtney Yates China
    Crystal Cox Gabon

Honestly, if I could put down more girls than guys, I would. I don't know, but I root more for the females. Maybe it's because they're more dramatic, and I love watching drama. What can I say, I like interesting TV.

So yeah, with that list, I tried to avoid the 3-timers. I just made an exception for Rich and Jerri, since they're reality TV legends (in my mind, at least). Oh, and Yau Man since I couldn't find anyone else. Then I also tried to get someone from each season. And of course, there's an even number of males to females.

With that, this list is totally unrealistic, and it would never happen. Sometimes I just put people just so that the list can fit the criteria (Brady, Jonathan, Aras). And some are just my personal favorites and would never even be considered, like Tracy.

The people I feel that actually could have been considered are underlined.

ETA: Hmmmm.... actually, looking at this list, it's not that great. It's not bad, but it's not as good as I was thinking it was when I was typing it. I mean, Brady and Jonathan? It's hard avoiding the 3-timers. The ones that get asked back get asked back for a reason. But I must say that I prefer my list to the people that supposedly got called:

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3589851;
    Here's a list of the people who were supposedly asked and said YES:

Tom Westman
    Johnny Fairplay
    Big Tom
    Shane
    Rupert
    Randy
    Ozzy
    Coach
    James
    Ace
    Cirie
    Jean Robert
    Parvati
    Sierra
    Tina
    Twila
    Amanda
    Jerri

Jenna M
    Sandra
    Stephenie
    Natalie
    Sugar

Credit goes to Coby (From S10, who also accurately listed the cast for FvF..so...ugh! So many from Micronesia, I just freakin saw Parvati, Amanda, James, Ozzy, Cirie...come on...) I bolded all the three-timers.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 07-24-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3606468;
    If I had my wish list....

Heroes
    Michael Skupin AO
    Gary Hogeboom Guatemala
    Brady Finta Vanuatu
    Yul Kwon CI
    Yau-Man Chan Fiji
    Kelly Goldsmith Africa
    Gina Crews Marquesas
    Deena Bennett Amazon
    Tracy Hughes-Wolf Micronesia
    Tamara "Taj" Johnson-George Tocantins

Villains
    Richard Hatch Borneo
    Rory Freeman Vanuatu
    Burton Roberts PI
    Jonathan Libby Palau
    Aras Baskauskas EI
    Jerri Manthey AO
    Ghandia Johnson Thailand
    Sandra Diaz-Twine PI
    Courtney Yates China
    Crystal Cox Gabon

Honestly, if I could put down more girls than guys, I would. I don't know, but I root more for the females. Maybe it's because they're more dramatic, and I love watching drama. What can I say, I like interesting TV.

So yeah, with that list, I tried to avoid the 3-timers. I just made an exception for Rich and Jerri, since they're reality TV legends (in my mind, at least). Oh, and Yau Man since I couldn't find anyone else. Then I also tried to get someone from each season. And of course, there's an even number of males to females.

With that, this list is totally unrealistic, and it would never happen. Sometimes I just put people just so that the list can fit the criteria (Brady, Jonathan, Aras). And some are just my personal favorites and would never even be considered, like Tracy.

The people I feel that actually could have been considered are underlined.

ETA: Hmmmm.... actually, looking at this list, it's not that great. It's not bad, but it's not as good as I was thinking it was when I was typing it. I mean, Brady and Jonathan? It's hard avoiding the 3-timers. The ones that get asked back get asked back for a reason. But I must say that I prefer my list to the people that supposedly got called:
    I'm somewhat surprised Tracy wasn't considered. Probst called her an underrated player and had high praises for her. At least she was one of the fans playing the game. I think I have more overall women on my list, though have a hard time picking the villians for women. I have more men I do understand why they'd consider 3rd timers, though personally I think they could come up with a perfectly fine list without using 3rd timers. My list would be:

Heroes:
    Kelly G. (Africa)
    Tracy (Micronesia)
    Sugar (Gabon)
    Sierra (Tocantis)
    Peih-Gee (China)
    Ozzy (CI/Micronesia)
    Bobby Jon (Palau/Guatemala)
    JT (Tocantis)
    Tom (Palau)
    Bruce (EI)

Villians:
    Courtney (EI)
    Twila (Vanuatu)
    Corinne (Gabon)
    Crystle (Gabon)
    Stacy (Fiji)
    Dreamz (Fiji)
    Coach (Tocantis)
    Shane (EI)
    Jean-Roberte (China)
    Rob M. (Marquesas/AS)

Why put Coach on the villain list since Jeff would never allow that?

And Sugar was much more of a villain than teeny Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3611322;
    Why put Coach on the villain list since Jeff would never allow that?

And Sugar was much more of a villain than teeny Courtney.
    The general Survivor viewer though would probably view Sugar as a sweetheart, Coach as an annoying bastard, and Courtney as a bitter brat. I actually happened to love Courtney and eventually I grew to appreciate Coach's nonsense. I also grew to despise Sugar. I, for some reason, seem to always root for those most others hate on Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3611823;
    The general Survivor viewer though would probably view Sugar as a sweetheart, Coach as an annoying bastard, and Courtney as a bitter brat. I actually happened to love Courtney and eventually I grew to appreciate Coach's nonsense. I also grew to despise Sugar. I, for some reason, seem to always root for those most others hate on Survivor.
    Normally that's the camp I'm in. I don't see how Coach couldn't be considered a villian, because, as you pointed out, that's how the general public saw him. That'd be like putting Amanda on the villians side because she backstabbed Cirie, America's Sweetheart. Probst would need a really good explanation as to why he's on the heroes side. Coach was just delusional. However, I can't say I reallysay I disliked him, but he wasn't my favorite. He didn't win, and he and his posse got owned, so all is well And you really can't do a Survivor AS season without him. I'd rather take 10 Coach's than see the likes of one Randy or Fairplay or Rupert again.

I guess it depends who they're up against. You had poor little Sugar who got the most bitter jury attacking her and the vile Corinne and Randy, and she gave up the million for her beloved father figure Bob. Courtney was on a tribe with James and Amanda, who were likeable, and Denise, who I'm not really sure fell were pre-lying scandal. She whined and butted heads with JR, but I found her entertaining. China would have been fairly dull without her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3612162;
    You had poor little Sugar who got the most bitter jury attacking her and the vile Corinne and Randy, and she gave up the million for her beloved father figure Bob.
    If you read the post game interviews NOBODY liked Suger on the show, she was a whining brat--but editted for our veiwing pleasure as poor sweet Suger.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Alrighty here is the list I would have:

Heroes:
    Yau-Man (Fiji)
    Crystal (Gabon)
    Sierra (Tocantins)
    Sugar (Gabon)
    Deena (Amazon)
    Aras (Exile Island)
    Darrah (Pearl Islands)
    Kenny (Gabon)
    Courtney (China)
    Tom (Palau)

Villains:
    Coach (Tocantins)
    JRB (China)
    Shane (Exile Island)
    Judd (Guatemala)
    Tammy (Marquesas)
    Randy (Gabon)
    Corinne (Gabon)
    Dreamz (Fiji)
    Lisi (Fiji)
    Katie (Palau)

This is a mix of who I like and who I think would make the best TV. I actually found Courtney to be one of the funnier ones on the show, so she fit in the heroes category for me. I also wanted to have 10 females and 10 males, but it was so much easier to have 6 male villains. I think Judd is one of the more underrated villains of all time, then again Guatemala wasn't up there as far as the greatest seasons went. And it's fairly evenly stacked-the heroes have a lot of immunity threats (Kenny, Tom, Darrah, Aras, Yau-Man) as do the villains (Dreamz, Tammy, Coach). And of course, I gotta have JRB.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3612774;
    If you read the post game interviews NOBODY liked Suger on the show, she was a whining brat--but editted for our veiwing pleasure as poor sweet Suger.
    Whatever the case, I loved Sugar, even if she got a break with an edit I didn't read many post show interviews, because quite honestly Gabon was one strange cast-probably one of the most bitter and hateful ever. They needed to have someone be their good girl. And that's why I believe Sugar had no real chance of winning, which is why I can't fault her too much for giving it to Bob. But that goes back to the heroes vs villians-she was edited as a hero, thus will be on a heroes tribe, unless they want her as a sneaky, backstabbing villain that's really a good girl but a power player. It doesn't matter what the cast thought of her, but it made me happy that they seemed bummed over her good edit. I got the hint at the reunion show all wasn't peaches and cream.
    I also wanted to have 10 females and 10 males, but it was so much easier to have 6 male villains. I think Judd is one of the more underrated villains of all time, then again Guatemala wasn't up there as far as the greatest seasons went.
    Aside from disliking Guatemala because they seemed to make it the Stephenie show and all about giving her her million, I think it's very underrated. Things could have gone better, but I don't know why the producers don't seem interested in ever associating with it. Judd, who I couldn't stand, would be better than seeing Fairplay again. What's the big fascination with 3rd timers, especially people like him that'll just quit again? I do agree with your choices of Lisi and Tammy for the villains. Marquesas remains one of my top 3 favorite seasons ever, and I also think it's underrated.

I think the only people that really like Sugar are the people she betrayed. Ace liked her, but she betrayed him. Crystal and her crew liked her, but then she turned her back on them also. In the end, the only person that probably likes her still is Bob.

If she had stuck with the people that actually liked her, then she would have made it to the end with them. And in turn, the people who liked her were also hated by everyone else (but then again, Randy and Corinne seemed to hate every single person out there), which would have resulted in the game changing drastically. All the power was in Sugar's hands.

Gabon was a funky season. I loved it actually, minus the ending. It was a strong follow-up to Micronesia. China, Micronesia, and Gabon seemed to go back to Survivor's glory days and actually gave us something to be interested in. Too bad Tocantins faultered.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think I might revise my list a little. I'd really love to see more of the early season contestants, though I know if they don't use 3rd timers from those, the rest will probably be more recent seasons. I'd probably take off Bruce from my heroes tribe and add in Gervase from Borneo. I found him to be one of the most likeable castaways ever, and it's be interesting having the guy who couldn't swim (but beat an experience river guide in a rowing challenge) on a team with Ozzy the human fish. And maybe Gervase has learned to swim by now. And I'd take out Sierra and add in Neleh from Marquesas.

On the villains front, I'd probably substitute out Rob M. and put in Rob C. from Amazon (who I think got screwed in AS). However, I think I'd keep Corrine, Twila, and EI Courtney, and have more guys on that tribe. I'd love to see Coach, Mariano, Rob C., Jeff (from Outback), Shane, Dreamz, and JR.

+ Reply to Thread