+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;3590917;
    I think I'm the only one in the world who doesn't really care for Ozzy I would probably put him on the villans after that last go-round.

So far, none of the listed participants are interesting to me. Too bad they can't just repeat Survivor 1 and allow Hatch back along with the rest of them, you know...for all of those youngsters that didn't watch way back then.
    That'd actually be a neat idea, bring back the entire first cast of the first season and send them back to Borneo to compete all over again. Granted, I don't think half of the first cast would do it but fun to think about.

I can't believe they are actually doing this. It was an idea that was started up on Sucks, and now, MB is actually doing it. Wow.
    I went over to Sucks to hunt down spoilers and was surprised there was actually a thread started before this idea even came up. Maybe Burnett does read message boards I feel like by calling it heroes vs villians, it justifies (for them) bringing people back for a third time. I know it's just another AS2 and they can bring back whoever they want, but by calling it AS it seems weird bringing back third timers. AS and FvsF left me with a bad impression of Cirie and Big Tom, which is one reason I don't care to see them again. But, I'll give Cirie credit, she can play the game, though I don't like her entitled attitude about thinking she deserves to win.

Count me in as not liking them using Samoa back to back. They never do that with normal seasons, I don't see why they do it with AS seasons. Even FvsF they found a new island.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3590422;
    Oh, I would also love to see Kelly G get a spot also, since Lex screwed her over.
    As well as Brandon who got voted off right after Kelly. I think Kelly could do very well if she were with people who knew how to play the game.

And am I the only one that is scratching my head about James being considered for a THIRD time? He did nothing on Micronesia. He has no gameplay either. I'd rather not see Amanda throw her whole game away at the final tribal council either. The only person I do want to see get a third chance is Jenna M, because she really didn't even get to play the first All Stars.

I also love how Natalie from Micronesia is considered when she was invisible the whole season and had a random one episode bitchfest.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3590865;
    Also, since this seasonis supposed to start filming just DAYS after season 19, that probably means no stand-out stars from season 19 will be on All Stars 2.0.
    Really? Gosh, I'm really hating this idea. A part of me hopes that this is all just a joke, and MB is just doing a normal season again, calling all of these people again as a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;3590917;
    I think I'm the only one in the world who doesn't really care for Ozzy I would probably put him on the villans after that last go-round.
    No, I've always hated him since CI. That's why I was jumping for joy when Yul beat him at the Final TC. Yes, I get too invested in these shows. And to know that he's probably back for a third time just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3591158;
    Count me in as not liking them using Samoa back to back. They never do that with normal seasons, I don't see why they do it with AS seasons. Even FvsF they found a new island.
    The only place I would be fine with being reused is Borneo, but the place is a resort now, so there's no chance at that. And FvF wasn't new, it went back to Palau.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3591439;
    As well as Brandon who got voted off right after Kelly. I think Kelly could do very well if she were with people who knew how to play the game.

And am I the only one that is scratching my head about James being considered for a THIRD time? He did nothing on Micronesia. He has no gameplay either. I'd rather not see Amanda throw her whole game away at the final tribal council either. The only person I do want to see get a third chance is Jenna M, because she really didn't even get to play the first All Stars.
    Brandon screwed himself over. If he had gone with Kelly G during the previous vote, then he would have had the numbers to stay. But he decided to go with Lex and vote out Kelly G, which ended up being a stupid move since he was voted out at the next TC. Kelly G did everything she could to stay in that game, and it played out almost perfectly... except for Brandon switching his vote.

And no, I hate James (gosh, why are my posts in this thread filled with so much hate? ). He's just going to get that $100,000 prize undeservingly again.

I loved Amanda, but for some reason, my love for these contestants seem to fade away. Only a select few are able to sustain my love (and for some reason, my hate for these contestants last forever ). So right now, I'm kinda meh on Amanda coming back.

And I agree with you on Jenna.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Oh yeah, I agree about Brandon. I probably worded that wrong, but I meant that Brandon screwed Kelly over, not that Lex screwed Brandon over. If Brandon had voted with Kelly he'd easily be final three with her and Kim P. I would've loved that ending, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3592145;
    Really? Gosh, I'm really hating this idea. A part of me hopes that this is all just a joke, and MB is just doing a normal season again, calling all of these people again as a cover.
    I doubt it. I figured they'd do something special, and since they already did "fans vs favorites" (using both terms loosely), another AS edition is the only option. Heck, I could go for past Survivor alums against a tribe full of BB/TAR cast offs, just to see who does better. FvsF seems more fitting for a 20th season.

No, I've always hated him since CI. That's why I was jumping for joy when Yul beat him at the Final TC. Yes, I get too invested in these shows. And to know that he's probably back for a third time just sucks.
    Sadly, I don't think Ozzy has a prayer. His social game sucks, and physically he's way too big of a thread. And if its true about immunity king Tom coming back, Ozzy won't exactly have a clean sweep in the individual challenges. Maybe he'll make it to the merge, but I won't be surprised if he's an early exit and expect him to probably be an early juror again.

The only place I would be fine with being reused is Borneo, but the place is a resort now, so there's no chance at that. And FvF wasn't new, it went back to Palau.
    I didn't realize Borneo was now a resort, but since that's where it all started, I'd love to see it return there. I still don't get why AS editions have a habit of going back the previous location. I'd like to see them use another land locked location. Why not go back to Australia or Central/South America? I loved Guatemala and the Amazon.

Brandon screwed himself over. If he had gone with Kelly G during the previous vote, then he would have had the numbers to stay. But he decided to go with Lex and vote out Kelly G, which ended up being a stupid move since he was voted out at the next TC. Kelly G did everything she could to stay in that game, and it played out almost perfectly... except for Brandon switching his vote.
    Of all survivors, I always thought Kelly G. was most deserving of a second chance. She proved at the merge she actually had a brain to play the game when she was in danger. Lex never changed.

And no, I hate James (gosh, why are my posts in this thread filled with so much hate? ). He's just going to get that $100,000 prize undeservingly again.

I loved Amanda, but for some reason, my love for these contestants seem to fade away. Only a select few are able to sustain my love (and for some reason, my hate for these contestants last forever ). So right now, I'm kinda meh on Amanda coming back.

And I agree with you on Jenna.
    I think James will have competition with Mr. Popularity, Rupert, who will probably get another America's Choice million dollars for being Rupert just because he didn't win a third time But I agree, I've always loved James, but I'm just not crazy about seeing him a third time. Same goes for Parvati, Big Tom, Tina, Cirie, and Fairplay () Jenna I've always been a fan of, and I'm glad it's this Jenna and not the other Jenna.

karalott, you are correct about Ozzy. If you have Tom Westman back, Ozzy will not have a prayer. As much as I don't agree with Tom's personal stances, he'd be good to put some of these folks in their place-he is the challenge threat and he's got the social game down, too-Ozzy only has the challenge threat part, because socially he failed. Jenna is one Survivor I've liked more since her season-I hated her in Amazon but felt for her in All-Stars, and I have to love her since she and Ethan are still going strong, and Ethan=awesome, even with his newly-shaved head (I loved his hair). When we look at James, the only reasons I see him being brought back are because he was a medevac last time, and his (relative) popularity. Tina would be an obvious choice for them to bring back, as she was a relatively popular winner (from what I heard). Of all the winners, the only ones I would be somewhat okay with coming back are Tina, Ethan (he won't be for obvious reasons), Jenna, Tom, Aras, Yul, Earl, and Bob.

On the note of Brandon, Africa could have a few people in aside from the obvious. Kelly would be good, as would Brandon-and like I said earlier, Frank (as much as I want to make him listen to Coach's lies).

As for All-Stars being in Samoa, I have a feeling it's a case of saving money this time around-they don't have to ship all the stuff to the new location. They may or may not even keep the same sets and so forth. I thought I remembered reading in an interview that the reason why the two seasons were being done back-to-back was to save money in the long run. As far as landlocked locales, the last two seasons were relatively landlocked, ditto with China-so I am actually glad that they are going back to an island. Don't forget, they did Panama three times-Pearl Islands, All-Stars, and then Exile Island. Each time though, they did something quite different. The location I would love to see them reuse would be the Marquesas islands, or Vanuatu.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

^I'm watching Ethan's video blogs on People.com, and I think he looks fine with no hair. He looks a bit like Matthew Fox from Lost. He and Jenna are really suited for each other. They make a great couple. I wish them the best of luck. And it's funny, because on People.com, Jenna is now known simply as "Ethan's girlfriend." I would think she would get a little more credit since she also won Survivor, but I guess not.

As for winners...

I Like: Richard (I don't really like him, but the guy's a legend), Tina, Ethan, Jenna, Sandra, Yul, Parvati

You're Okay: Vecepia, Brian, Amber, Chris, Tom, Danni, Aras (my hate for his has faded), Earl, Todd

Please, No: Bob, JT

This show has a severe lack of recent female winners.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23;3592831;
    Oh yeah, I agree about Brandon. I probably worded that wrong, but I meant that Brandon screwed Kelly over, not that Lex screwed Brandon over. If Brandon had voted with Kelly he'd easily be final three with her and Kim P. I would've loved that ending, too.
    Oh, I see now. Yeah, the wording was a little off. I interpreted as you saying that Brandon also deserved a second chance, when he really doesn't IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3593031;
    I doubt it. I figured they'd do something special, and since they already did "fans vs favorites" (using both terms loosely), another AS edition is the only option. Heck, I could go for past Survivor alums against a tribe full of BB/TAR cast offs, just to see who does better. FvsF seems more fitting for a 20th season.
    I'm just so against this idea. Like, really against it. Couldn't they have waited until S24? I'm sure the show could make it until then. They probably would be averaging 10 million a season at that point, which still isn't bad. The show is doing great in the ratings, beating it's competition every time. It's doing so well that people don't even consider Thursday to be the most competitive night anymore since CBS just wins every time with Survivor and CSI, which is actually kind of amazing since those two shows don't receive much coverage anymore from the magazines, the Entertainment Tonight-like shows, etc. It's the Grey's Anatomy's, American Idol's that receive the coverage. And yet, Survivor and CSI have built up a strong following.

I know it's the 10th anniversary, and they probably wanted to do something special. But they really should just wait it out. Just have a reunion of some sorts.

Of all survivors, I always thought Kelly G. was most deserving of a second chance. She proved at the merge she actually had a brain to play the game when she was in danger. Lex never changed.
    And remember that she actually had a spot on AS? But they decided to give it to someone else. That would have pissed me off so much if I was Kelly G. I'm really hoping she's called back. I wish I had my Kelly G avatar so I could use it, but the computer I had it saved on crashed.

I think James will have competition with Mr. Popularity, Rupert, who will probably get another America's Choice million dollars for being Rupert just because he didn't win a third time But I agree, I've always loved James, but I'm just not crazy about seeing him a third time. Same goes for Parvati, Big Tom, Tina, Cirie, and Fairplay () Jenna I've always been a fan of, and I'm glad it's this Jenna and not the other Jenna.
    Oh yeah, that's right. I totally forgot that Rupert was called back also. But then again, I think a lot of the old-time fans have dropped out of the show. I don't know if Rupert is still Mr. Popular (or if Stephenie is still Miss Popular). I think some of the newer folks have taken their place, since people remember them a little bit more.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3593750;
    karalott, you are correct about Ozzy. If you have Tom Westman back, Ozzy will not have a prayer. As much as I don't agree with Tom's personal stances, he'd be good to put some of these folks in their place-he is the challenge threat and he's got the social game down, too-Ozzy only has the challenge threat part, because socially he failed. Jenna is one Survivor I've liked more since her season-I hated her in Amazon but felt for her in All-Stars, and I have to love her since she and Ethan are still going strong, and Ethan=awesome, even with his newly-shaved head (I loved his hair). When we look at James, the only reasons I see him being brought back are because he was a medevac last time, and his (relative) popularity. Tina would be an obvious choice for them to bring back, as she was a relatively popular winner (from what I heard). Of all the winners, the only ones I would be somewhat okay with coming back are Tina, Ethan (he won't be for obvious reasons), Jenna, Tom, Aras, Yul, Earl, and Bob.
    Actually, I just got thinking, if these people have the mentality and game play of the first AS season (considering some were on that one) poor firefighter Tom may not have a prayer, either, because of his immunity run, leadership ability, social game, and the fact that he won before I'm somewhat happy that not everyone is all 'lets sing around the camp fire and be BFF' like Tina and Rupert, but that some, like Shane, Cirie, Parvati, Sandra, Jenna , and Tom W. can actually put their emotions aside and play the game and strategize without latching onto coattails or trying to be fair and nice. You have a good point about James, and that I can understand. However, I also remember Jonathan, Gary (from Fiji), Bruce, and of course Mike that were taken out due to injury. The last 3 never even got to finish their first game. Mike was so far back, but Bruce wasn't on too long ago, and seemed like a fan favorite. I was actually one who liked Jenna (plus her partner in crime, Heidi-who, if anyone's interested, appeared on the E! THS about Baseball Wives. Heidi is married to Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels. Jenna had a short clip in there, too). Of all the winners, I'd be in favor of Ethan (if he was able to), Jenna, Sandra, Tom W., Danni, Aras, Yul, Bob, and JT being asked back. While I could do without Hatch, it almost doesn't seem appropriate to have the first winner, the guy who went into with a strategy and knowing what type of game it was, the guy who invented the love to hate cocky, arrogant, over confident villain, on the show. Besides, at least he'd also have a game plan, and I'd love to see Hatch on a tribe with Coach, Fairplay, and Shane.

And remember that she actually had a spot on AS? But they decided to give it to someone else. That would have pissed me off so much if I was Kelly G. I'm really hoping she's called back. I wish I had my Kelly G avatar so I could use it, but the computer I had it saved on crashed.
    And she got passed over for Shii-Ann. While I liked her in Thailand and was happy she got a second chance, she totally sucked on AS. Kelly never would have gone along with Lex's insane strategy of voting off Ethan, Colby, Rich, and then keeping Amber for Rob instead of getting keeping the numbers of his side.

It's doing so well that people don't even consider Thursday to be the most competitive night anymore since CBS just wins every time with Survivor and CSI, which is actually kind of amazing since those two shows don't receive much coverage anymore from the magazines, the Entertainment Tonight-like shows, etc. It's the Grey's Anatomy's, American Idol's that receive the coverage. And yet, Survivor and CSI have built up a strong following.

I know it's the 10th anniversary, and they probably wanted to do something special. But they really should just wait it out. Just have a reunion of some sorts
    I remember when Survivor had AI status of networks being afraid of going up against it. CBS had the kiss of death line up for other networks, because Without A Trace used to be on Thursday night. Survivor was on the cover of TV Guide for 3 seasons, they had all sorts of specials-good times. I'd much rather see 18 'where are they now', especially of the early contestants, vs another AS.

I know back after Australia aired they had a 1-hour special where they went to the real lives of the contestants and so forth.

Kelly Goldsmith being called for the original AS is news to me, but honestly Shii Ann was deserving of a spot because she played the game exactly how it should be played, and then there was that twist. She was one of the few I liked from that largely unlikeable season, and I remember when she won that immunity in All-Stars (the endurance challenge). Heidi is one person who the less I see or hear of her, the better. The only women I liked from that season were Deena and Christy, although I do like Jenna now.

I think the thing with James as opposed to Penner, Bruce, and so forth is that James was such an overwhelming fan favourite. Bruce I liked much more than James-on that season, I liked him, Courtney, and Aras the most. I doubt that Gary would go back-if he had been on the tribe that actually had to do the roughing it that season (he was on the luxury beach), he would not have survived.

Coach, Hatch, Fairplay, and Shane? Oh dear. At least put in JRB to make it watchable! (I am so pro-JRB it isn't funny...I love watching him play poker)
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Kelly G. was great! Ethan's a nice guy and a deserving winner, but I would have enjoyed Africa so much better if Brandon wasn't so freakin stupid. It was really painful to watch Lex get his way and for Kelly to take the fall for Theresa (I can't believe I remember this). I would really enjoy Kelly coming back, but I doubt many of the Survivor audience would remember her.

+ Reply to Thread