+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor 20: All-Stars Spoiler Thread

Re: Survivor 20: All-Stars (Heroes vs. Villains) Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3672405;
    I wish Ian (the tall dolphin trainer) was asked. That was many seasons ago, when Tom, the firefighter won.
    That's a good call out. Ian did quite well, he was just victim to the total domination of Tom in that edition.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill;3677837;
    That's a good call out. Ian did quite well, he was just victim to the total domination of Tom in that edition.
    I wouldn't really call Ian a victim. He consciously quit the game. In fact, he almost pleaded with Tom to vote him out. I guess you CAN say he was under Tom's spell, hence being dominated by him, but in my opinion, Ian went out the loser way. I know a lot of people like him, but I can't respect someone who pleads to be voted out IN THE FINAL THREE. Ugh

I have to agree with you. Any good gameplay he had got ruined by that loser move.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3677869;
    I wouldn't really call Ian a victim. He consciously quit the game. In fact, he almost pleaded with Tom to vote him out. I guess you CAN say he was under Tom's spell, hence being dominated by him, but in my opinion, Ian went out the loser way. I know a lot of people like him, but I can't respect someone who pleads to be voted out IN THE FINAL THREE. Ugh
    Outplay. Outwit. Outlast.

Tom doesn't get enough credit for how well he completely dominated all elements of the game, including in effect convicing Ian that we wasn't worthy. The best way to win a fight is to not have to fight it in the first place. I think Tom gets short changed because he didn't overtly manipulate in an "evil" way ala Rich or Brian, but manipulate he did.

No matter how Ian finished, I bet would be a better political player with another shot. Now, I don't know how tired they get by the end of the month out there, so perhaps Ian just ran out of gas. I think we sometimes downplay the physical and mental stress, but I don't doubt that when he was watching the show afterward, he probably was getting a bit angry at how he allowed himself to be manuevered.

Just my .02
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Okay TDT has just put up a new list of confirmations, and there are a LOT of Survivors that are not known about.

Confirmed:
    Coach
    Sugar
    Randy
    Natalie
    Amanda
    James
    Courtney (China)
    Danielle
    Stephenie
    Sandra
    Rupert
    Rob (Mariano)
    Jerry

Unsure:
    Colby
    Big Tom
    Tina
    Tom (Palau)
    Cirie
    Parvati
    Candice
    Jonathan (Penner)
    Ken (Myspace activity as of 11 Aug)
    Taj (has not been on Twitter since the 1st of August)
    Tyson (Twitter activity as of 12 Aug)
    Jenna M. (TNA said she was, however she updated her Twitter earlier today)

Definitely not:
    JT
    Joe (Tocantins)
    Stephen
    Erinn
    Sierra
    Spencer
    Sandy
    Bob
    Susie
    Ace
    Crystal
    Alexis
    Erik (both China Erik and FvF Erik)
    Ozzy
    Ami
    Eliza
    Yau-Man
    Jonny Fairplay
    Todd
    Peih-Gee
    Frosti
    Jaime
    JRB (that was already confirmed)
    Earl
    Michelle
    Billy
    Yul?
    Aras
    Terry
    Shane (was confirmed by his blog)
    Courtney
    Austin
    Dan
    Bobby (BobDawg)
    Bobby Jon-and anybody from Guatemala who is not Steph
    Scout
    Twila
    Richard
    Rob C.
    Christa
    Ryno (Ryan O-Pearl Islands)
    Gervase
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Still have absolutely NO idea why Danielle is back. Really. No idea. I thought I was baffled at Amanda coming back for the 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3679856;
    Still have absolutely NO idea why Danielle is back. Really. No idea. I thought I was baffled at Amanda coming back for the 3rd time.
    I agree with you regarding Danielle. Though I do sometimes wonder how hard it is to fill out the ranks in these editions. I always wondering how many of the "all-stars" they initially target and get. Given Survivor is a bit tougher to say the least than the average edition of a reality show, and many of the survivors early on used to report taking quite some time to recover their full health upon returning home, I bet the memories of the experience compete against the desire for another 15 mins of fame.

That said, I guess I am not surprised to see Rupert on the list, but really while I like the guy, I thought (hoped) the luster was off his rose after his last second chance.

Sandra will have to play a very different game this time, that is if anyone remembers that she actually won one of these things.

Michael Skupin ?? please??

FORT Newbie

As twisted as this may sound, the only person I really want to see again is Boston Rob. hahaha. I'm sure I'll be excited about others later, but for now here's to hoping they get Rob back on.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Yeah for Boston Rob and Coach coming back..and even Randy who always managed to make me crack a smile all while my blood pressure was going up!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread