+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Post-show discussion **Spoilers**

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh that's a good point Fluff. I hadn't thought about the Deena deal.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by cali
    Step, your right... Rob is the one playing the hardest. I won't be terribly disapointed if he wins. I also don't want him too. I don't hate him as much as M'drio does , but he's not my favorite.

The problem I see wiht the way he is playing is that he has pretty much made sure he can't win by switching alliances so quickly.
    You know that's a good distinction, too. He is definitely playing the hardest, but he's probably not playing *well*. I think the fact that he seemed to be able to get Deena and Alex to battle each other while he stayed on the sidelines was good playing, as well as the Roger boot, but certainly the dishonesty with Matthew may likely come back to haunt him. And nobody else trusts him anymore either. Anyway, I definitely like to see people play the game even if they aren't necessarily playing it well. He's making for some entertaining TV. I loved the power alliance shift last week. Probably the last nail in Rob's coffin, but I sure do appreciate it.
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

I think that part of playing well is taking chances and hoping that the jury members recocnize that you were playing hard to WIN. I actually think he IS playing well It would be close to impossible to keep one alliance from the very beginning. You would have to luck out on who your first alliance was with.

It seems to me that playing well may only help those you are close too and ultimately screw you... Does that make sense??
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I had read in an earier thread that heidi would probably offer to share the $$$, or something like that. But I deliriously recall ( please forgive me i am so elated that my Orlando Magic won today) let me get back to my thought . I thought that there was something in the rules where that the contestants were not permitted to share the million
    Carey

Originally posted by cali
    I think that part of playing well is taking chances and hoping that the jury members recocnize that you were playing hard to WIN. I actually think he IS playing well It would be close to impossible to keep one alliance from the very beginning. You would have to luck out on who your first alliance was with.

It seems to me that playing well may only help those you are close too and ultimately screw you... Does that make sense??
    Makes perfect sense to me.
    You know Matthew might actually benefit the most from Rob's playing just like you say since he (Matthew) made it through the touch-and-go period as far as being voted out.
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

Originally posted by cajro62
    I had read in an earier thread that heidi would probably offer to share the $$$, or something like that. But I deliriously recall ( please forgive me i am so elated that my Orlando Magic won today) let me get back to my thought . I thought that there was something in the rules where that the contestants were not permitted to share the million

You're right, they're not allowed to.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by cajro62
    Caj,

I think maybe I am the one who said something about Heidi/Jenna sharing the $$$. I believe my point was more about the fact that it seems like Heidi and Jenna fully expect to walk into the F2, the way that they were acting. And now that they revealed Jenna's mom's cancer, that Jenna thinks she should just be handed the money. But Survivor is not a charity event, its a game, girls!

Honestly, beyond a couple of (mostly flimsy)alliances and keeping so far off the boot radar, how have Heidi and Jenna made it this far? What do they contribute to the tribe? Nothing except derisive comments, new uses for the buff, and semi-pretty faces/bodies. And scorn for Christy, who is working her tail off, trying hard at each RC and IC, and keeping her insults and opinions for the confessional.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I think Jenna and Heidi are benefiting from not being taken seriously. No one sees them as a potential threat or 'the one to beat'.

Personally, I'd have booted them off the first chance I got, but I suspect the only person that really wants to do that is Christy.

BTW.. Dobo, LOVE your tag!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey

Share the wealth

Yeah, but...
    didn't Tina Wesson "share" her mil by buying Colby the Harley that she had promised him since he took her along for the final two?

+ Reply to Thread