+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Post-show discussion **Spoilers**

I Love Monkey Island! lisalisagreen's Avatar
    Originally posted by WillisNewton
    LOL it's not just you, trust me. I've watched hand movements during secret voting since the first damn season. I guess this editing observation of yours has confirmed the fact that I was just wasting my time doing that. *sigh*
    Very Interesting!

EPISODE 10 TRIBAL COUNCIL

Christy (votes Alex): I don't want him in the tribe anymore. I don't like being around him. I think the tribe would be better without him. Please go, get out of here.

Jenna (votes Matt): I'm voting for you Matt because you are the strongest player on the team. And in order for me to get myself farther, you can not be here because youíre a big threat. It was nice knowing you.

Matt (votes Alex): He crossed me once, I forgave him, he crossed me twice, I offered reconciliation. Thought we could make a great team. He rejected every effort I made to work things out with him and become his friend. He's very deceptive. He's made things very difficult from day one. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just want to remind him that while I was voted most honest, that does not mean that I am most naive. His reign is over.

Alex (votes Mateo): Mateo you're a really good guy, but you're way too much of a threat. And it's time for you to go. Take it easy, buddy.

Heidi (votes Matt): Matt, I'm picking you tonight, because you are by far the toughest competition out there. And I wish you the best of luck, thanks.

Butch (votes Alex): It's with a heavy heart that I vote for you. I admire you, and your life, you've come a long way, Alex. But a new alliance has been formed. In order for me and my three mates to move on, you have to go. I wish you the very best. You're a good man.

Rob (votes Alex in big letters): I've watched a lot of gangster movies in my time and I know if loyalty is lost, itís often the poor soul's best friend who makes the hit. mi dispiace.

("mi dispiace is Italian for "it does not please me").

In retrospect it's awfully funny to see Alex, Jenna and Heidi talking as if Matt's departure was a fait accompli.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    I'd like to see Jenna scramble and try to get Christy's vote (Heidi is too oblivious to realize they are screwed yet) and for Christy to turn her down flat.
    Yeah!! That would be the greatest!

Namaste.

Originally posted by Wolf
    I watched the video again, and Jenna did say "Thank you guys". But she should've gone further and Thanked Christy indivdually, imo.

I noticed that too.

For Jenna to thank Christy, she would have to first acknowledge that Christy exists - something she is clearly unwilling to do.

Originally posted by kukaycute
    matt is indeed playing mentally weak...

he admitted it opently which means he is leading the rest to believe that he is mentally weak to be thinking about a game...what a strategy considering that his physical strength is an automatic liability...

"the crush" thing...he then made believe he's sick..lol...i mean does anybody thinking? matt admit that he needs therapy...and then believing somebody digs him...
    I love it, if indeed it is Matt's game to bluff everyone into thinking that a strong, smart guy is really a clueless outsider. It will, if true, go down as one of the all-time great Survivor strategies.

Namaste.

Originally posted by holly71
    What would be even better is if Heidi &/or Jenna offered to do that, Rob takes them up on it, then votes them off anyway!
    The thing is, I can see Rob doing that. (which for some sick odd reason makes me like him even more)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Jeff may have done Christy a favor.

If she had been the only one to receive a letter from home, she would have been the object of resentment back at camp. People who win coveted RCs have been voted off promptly.

Jeff empowered Christy big time. For a moment there, Christy held Jenna's happiness in her hands.

By letting Jenna have the letter Christy has certainly earned Matt's and Butch's respect. Looks like Rob will be #4 in his new alliance as well.

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Originally posted by sheela
    Jeff may have done Christy a favor.

If she had been the only one to receive a letter from home, she would have been the object of resentment back at camp. People who win coveted RCs have been voted off promptly.

Jeff empowered Christy big time. For a moment there, Christy held Jenna's happiness in her hands.

By letting Jenna have the letter Christy has certainly earned Matt's and Butch's respect. Looks like Rob will be #4 in his new alliance as well.
    Good point, Sheela. That's the only way to explain Jeff's decision to auction off another letter.

A better thing would have been when Christy won the Letter from home she get to pick one other conteestant to get one. we would have had a chance to see Jenna beg to Christy

+ Reply to Thread