+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Episode 11 - Sour Grapes

Jenna thought she was going to be able to just coast into the final four and probably felt her alliance with Heidi would take the both of them into the final two.
    She showed with the Deena situation that she does not like anyone to deviate from the agreed plan of action.
    If someone makes a pact with her she wants them to keep it.
    It would be interestign to see what she would do if faced with a dilemma that called for her to break her word.
    I have a feeling she'd do it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think Jenna already did that with Deena, she brok her word by convincing herself that her alliance with Alex came before anything she had with Deena. She voted Shawna out, not at the time Shawna was asking to leave but at the point Shawna wanted to stay (snuggling with Alex) and Shawna had already stated she was going to vote for Matt. Jenna just decides it's right for her, comes up with a reason for it and does it and doesn't look back.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by dagwood
    My whole problem with Jenna being mad at Rob (and I had this same problem during S4 with John and Neleh) is that who does she think she is? They figured out what was going wrong and turned it around. Isn't that how the game should be played? In S4, I wanted to smack John for demanding an apology from Neleh. The 4 decided how the game would go and the rest didn't want to go with it. That is how the game is played. You were doing it to them, so don't get mad if they do it to you.

Whew...been needing to get that off my chest for a while now.
    EXACTLY Dagwood!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by fluff
    Possibly simba, I'm not sure whether she's well enough to travel.

I know I will sound heartless, but I would not like this to be what the "clue" refers to.
    She didn't have to leave her mother to come and compete on the show.
    Given that she chose to I see no reason why anyone should make concessions to the fact her mother is ill.
    You're right - now that I've thought about it- if her mom is in treatment, her resistance is low - and no way her docs would let her travel to the amazon and risk picking up an infection.

But still could be her dad, I suppose.

I agree - Jenna made a choice to commit to the show - but looks like she will have the most emotional reaction to the concept of seeing someone from home. I think Matt may feel sorry for her, either way.

Poor, poor Jenna .....

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    To quote Neleh, I will be "pukey-sick" if Matt wins the family visit challenge and gives it to Jenna

Wasn't Jenna's motto, "Screw me now I screw you?"

Maybe Rob is hoping to collect on that.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

omg mf that is too funny.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I think it would be most honorable for Matt to give his visit to Jenna, but I'd hate to see her getting any more preferential treatment.

I would like to see him give the visit to Christy.
    He did point out last episode that she's had a rough time out there.
    I can imagine Jenna making life round the camp even more miserable if the reward doesn't come her way.

There is no reason she should get the reward simply because her mother is sick.
    She should have stayed home with her
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    From the Survivor Insider clips...

Rob talking to Matt - "The girls said if there comes up a challenge for a visit from somebody from home. They said that if Christy tries to win it that there is going to be bloody murder. This is how they feel about the game. That you Christy and Butch are so lucky to be here."

We also saw Matt say that Jenna's reaction to the letter bidding was wrong, and that Christy needed a letter as much as anyone.

I don't think Matt will be passing off this win to Heidi or Jenna, and I don't think Rob wants a family visit as much as anyone else. That leaves Butch and Christy.

+ Reply to Thread