+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamara “Taj” Johnson-George - Survivor Tocantins

Re: Tamara “Taj” Johnson-George - Survivor Tocantins

I loved SWV, too. Go Taj!

What IS it with Survivor and getting all gimmicky recently with their African-American female contestants? First an Olympic medal winner and now a Grammy winner married to a Heisman Trophy winner? Geez!

I mean, if they are trying to make a statement about African-American women being powerful and successful, couldn't they find a successful businesswoman, a kick-ass lawyer, a doctor, or something else a bit more identifiable, to the public than the Medal and Award winning crowd?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3292548;
    I mean, if they are trying to make a statement about African-American women being powerful and successful, couldn't they find a successful businesswoman, a kick-ass lawyer, a doctor, or something else a bit more identifiable, to the public than the Medal and Award winning crowd?
    You campaigning for Omarosa to be on Survivor Krom?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, still trying for an image to fit this quote...

"I'm not the average NFL wife and mother."

What the heck would that "average" be? Some kind of Sex in the City shopaholic?

So is she planning to tell everyone she's an NFL wife, author, successful singer and then be underestimated? If not, what happens when one of the others recognizes her as so many of you have? She's going to get voted out early on the "doesn't need the $$" grounds that has been used as an excuse in the past.

Well, she looks a lot different in that picture than I remember her in SWV, so I don't think that even if someone there is familiar with the group that they would make the connection, nor do I think they'd know her by name. If she's smart she'll keep her accomplishments and her husband's identity quiet.

Well, I've never heard of her or that group myself.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3292548;
    What IS it with Survivor and getting all gimmicky recently with their African-American female contestants? First an Olympic medal winner and now a Grammy winner married to a Heisman Trophy winner? Geez!

I've always had a problem with all reality shows casting black women as the stereotypical "angry black woman." That, or the overtly religious woman (remember Joanna from Amazon and her dislike towards the immunity idol?).

It happens often, and it's pretty annoying. It's sad to admit that non-stereotypical black women on reality shows don't come around often. I can think of only a few who don't fit a stereotype, including Cirie.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3299713;
    I've always had a problem with all reality shows casting black women as the stereotypical "angry black woman." That, or the overtly religious woman (remember Joanna from Amazon and her dislike towards the immunity idol?).

It happens often, and it's pretty annoying. It's sad to admit that non-stereotypical black women on reality shows don't come around often. I can think of only a few who don't fit a stereotype, including Cirie.
    I was going to say Vecepia, but she was religious (though not a nutjob like Joanna). At least she didn't think the idol was evil. Then there was biochemist Ramona from season 1, but unfortuantely she and her stomach couldn't take it.

SWV was one of my favorites but honestly I couldn't pick Taj out of a line up as being a member of that group. I'm not even sure everyone would recognize her husband. I do like her from her bio, and I think she might make a good game player if she plays her cards right. Hopefully she's good in the challenges.

FORT Newbie

I just see another Cirie here.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by noraradtke;3309247;
    I just see another Cirie here.
    Well, if so, good--she was one of my favorite players--someone who was NOT an athlete who played a GREAT social game. The word is SURVIVOR, baby, by whatever means works for you! No "just" about it!
    Now if you said you saw another...(forget her name...the woman who came on Surivor for the "Survivor diet" who warned all us couch potatoes at home NOT to do it! And asked to be voted off first....nice middle aged white woman), then I'd say "just"!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast