+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brendan Synnott - Survivor Tocantins

Re: Brendan Synnott - Survivor Tocantins

Except for Coach.I'd rather die of hypothermia than let Coach lay a hand on me.

Bye, bye Brendan - really sorry to see you go. The last of the good guys. He played his cards too close to his chest. To little to late. He is loyal, and strategic, and I'm sure he learned a little about life and relationships. He is young, 30 and very accomplished for his years. He will go on to do big things in his life, not selfish. He is involved in humanitarian causes and cares about people. He was in it for the love of the game. Sure, he didnt need the money, as shown in his interview about positioning JT to win.

I liked this player. Strong, handsome, a good competitor, strategic and generally honest as you can be in this game.
    He overestimated his alliances, and trusted people.

I like the saying, "To be fooled is not to be a fool"
    (sorry I cannot quote source)
    Last edited by Rumi; 04-17-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: adding
    Support the FORT - Go Green

I really liked the guy, but I think he made a few key mistakes. One was that he didn't reassure his alliance sooner once the merge took place. Then when he does finally speak to Taj it's to say that he's ready to position someone outside of that alliance to be in the final 2. It's unclear if JT told Brendan about his hooking up with Taj and Stephan, however, if he did not tell him then why would an alliance go along with your saying you want this guy in the final 2?

Another mistake was telling JT this, after speaking to him for one afternoon. It's easy for us at home to believe that, because we know the guy has money to burn. On that island, however, noone knows, therefore it would be hard for any sane person to believe that you are willing to dedicate your game to getting him to the end, and not care at all if you walk away with nothing. He didn't say he wanted both of them in the finals, only JT. Hard for a sane person to swallow without all of the facts.

Third, the look on Stephan's face when he heard that Brendan had said that. Stephan is one who clearly wants to win that money for himself, now you've got this guy with the idol protecting this much stronger guy and making your odds at the final an even longer shot. Stephan may seem like he follows JT's every move, but I guarantee you that's not the case if it hinders his own advancement in any way. You've got Brendan acting too low key at merge, and when he finally speaks it's not in your best interest. No way would Stephan allow that to go on for too long.

Taj loves JT, seemed to agree with what Brendan said to some degree, but she too may not have taken kindly to being told that they are working for JT to be final two. Anyone in an alliance knows that a successful alliance can only go so far and then they must start to eat each other (no Coach refrence intended here). Do you really want two strong guys playing as one for one of those spots? He made himself a bit of a liablity to some last night.

I do think Brendan dug his own grave by not activating the hidden alliance immediately... by pausing to consider changing tactics and going after the former Jalapao members, he inadvertantly dug his own grave.

That said, I really liked the fact that he saw a winner in JT and wanted to go up against one of the best players in the final two. What survivor has ever said that?

Okay, okay... that's coming form a guy who doesn't need the money. But, to me anyway, it shows some interesting integrity in how the game is played.

Lastly, Brendan's departure means that Coach will take all the credit for it... and isn't his ego already too bloated to fit on the screen?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Brendan has one last jab at Coach: free burritos until he's booted. evol burritos
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3417177;
    Brendan has one last jab at Coach: free burritos until he's booted. evol burritos
    That's hysterical!

Did anyone see him only Jimmy Kimmel late night show on Friday? He looked GREAT. He is one beautiful man.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

One night I couldn't sleep, was flipping channels and ended up on the Food Network. There is some show called Recipe for Success about entrepreneurs and how they began their business, the trials and tribulations, etc. It was so strange when I noticed that the guy was Brendan!

I don't know how often the Food Network repeats these shows, but if you can ever catch it again, his company (and the episode) is called Bear Naked.

You can get the episodes on YouTube. Just put in Bear Naked Granola on Food Network. It's broken down into about 4 parts.

Ponderosa clip, Coach Part three, Brendan points out that since Coach got to Ponderosa the women are now out numbering the men three to two. He's funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast