+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

Re: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

I hate the way he just quotes and quotes and quotes people. Even in his interview here on Fort, he's quoting this one and that one. He can care less if he even attributes the quote to the correct person. The man is an absolute quote whore.

Also, he has this need to constantly say something is "not in a gay way". His assistant coach was helping him stretch, he had to comment on the fact that they weren't doing anything sexual. He says in his interview he loves Tyson, then has to say "not in that way". The man is like a 13 year old boy with that crap.

Seriously, you could tell by that interview that he knew that he came off as a madman this season and wants to do some damage control. Well, even if he was playing the fool so well that he couldn't even let on in his private interviews that he had a single ounce of sanity he deserves to live with the nutbag label. You play the fool long enough to people you actually become the fool, and it's a label easier given than it is taken away.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 05-16-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3452641;
    I hate the way he just quotes and quotes and quotes people. Even in his interview here on Fort, he's quoting this one and that one. He can care less if he even attributes the quote to the correct person. The man is an absolute quote whore.
    As Oscar Wilde said, "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." I think I'd actually prefer it if he only quoted, rather than hearing the quotes, followed by his f-ed up interpretation of how these quotes apply to the current situation he's in.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

You know, I think the quotes discussion clarified something for me -

If anyone has read the Harry Potter series, they are aquainted with Gilderoy Lockhart - the Defense of the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts in HP and the Chamber of Secrets. He had written many books about his 'adventures' but in the end it turned out he had never actually done any of them.

And that is Coach. He's written the books and done the research (albeit haphazardly) but he hasn't actually done anything.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I would like to know what alt-reality he belongs in where he has been honorable and played with such integrity.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar

He needs to be locked up in a mental institution! LOL!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

HAHA! Another missed opportunity - we should have asked Coach in his interview when his website is coming back on line!

edited: so, ok, it is back online, but without a guessbook... ;^)

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3453041;
    HAHA! Another missed opportunity - we should have asked Coach in his interview when his website is coming back on line!

edited: so, ok, it is back online, but without a guessbook... ;^)
    I just checked out the website. That's a full minute of my life I'll never get back.

After muting the cheesy music, I started reading about his family. Sorry, if my father had received two "fullbright scholarships and pioneered the field of Harmonic Anaylsis" . . . I think it would show more respect to him to at least spell "Fulbright" and "Analysis" correctly. But not to worry, his brother is an "accomlished" violinist of whom the family can be proud.

Too bad they didn't have anyone involved in the website who knew how to use SPELL CHECK! Of course, knowing Coach, he probably put it together himself during his times away from slaying dragons.

To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3453053;
    I just checked out the website. That's a full minute of my life I'll never get back.

After muting the cheesy music, I started reading about his family. Sorry, if my father had received two "fullbright scholarships and pioneered the field of Harmonic Anaylsis" . . . I think it would show more respect to him to at least spell "Fulbright" and "Analysis" correctly. But not to worry, his brother is an "accomlished" violinist of whom the family can be proud.

Too bad they didn't have anyone involved in the website who knew how to use SPELL CHECK! Of course, knowing Coach, he probably put it together himself during his times away from slaying dragons.

To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon."
    Ohhhhhh, thank you for this. Very funny.

What a deluded basket case of a man! His incredulous"personally accomplished" stories that he foisted on his suffering teammates were bad enough...then I read where he was fired as the female soccer coach pf some small school due to lying about where he would be during his requested time off. he apparently told the AD that he was going to undergo "Cancer treatment" and would be gone "for a week or two" this later turned out to be over a month with no follow-up phone calls. I guess he thought he was going to win the $Mil. I was always thinking one of the team would eventually ask him if he died during one of his escapades. It was obvious to Jeff Probst that none of his teammates believed his grandiose tales of heroism and escapism. Dragonslayer. my ass!

Well, let me just say that Coach Maestro Dragonslayer "I make no excuses" Wade was perhaps the most compelling character on this rendition of Survivor. I think it was interesting to see him go through his various morning exercises and philosophizing. In a way, I think this may have been the best example of how a delusional person, because of the certainty with which he speaks, can get a group of others to think he may actually be sane. I think speaking firmly and confidently can sometimes be a great substitute for actually knowing something. Coach Maestro Dragonslayer has a certain panache that makes him seem at times believable despite his delusional reality. Oh, and by the way, if my understanding is correct, one can pass a lie detector examination if he actually believes his own yarns. Cue the cuckoo sound effect.

+ Reply to Thread