+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

Re: Benjamin "Coach" Wade - Survivor Tocantins

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3440740;
    Just to play devil's advocate (and mostly because I'm feeling sorry for him now too...clearly he's delusional) maybe his family is a bunch of jerks too. I mean, he must be covering up some seriously deep seated feelings of inadequacy to be that egotistical and make up such a rich fantasy life. Maybe he had miserable childhood and his family life was awful....Or not
    With all that world traveling, education, and life experience, he should be able to get over any poor beginnings he might have had. If not, surely he is familiar with the idea of counseling, and if he is already getting it, needs to change doctors, as it's not taking hold.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

OMG, I just found this site....I love it!!!!

I'm LMAO over this dude "Coach!"

At first I so wanted him outta there. I just hated those smirks & grins he'd get at Tribal after the vote. I can't stand to see someone Gloat. Even when we the veiwers know the "Puppetmaster" is actually just a puppet. But then, when Tyson got voted off, I wouldn't of traded a million for the look on his face. To see those smirks go to pure anger & frustration. The fact he knew at that moment he wasn't in control....It was an awesome viewing experience. It was way better seeing him wiggle & squirm than if he'd been the one sent home. Now, I'm getting pleasure from watching as the table's have turned, he knows it & watching him scramble to regain footing. I think he may of thought after the Tyson deal, he just still might have a chance. I think he was starting to feel his place a bit more secure within the tribe. Until Debbie gets the bot. There was that look again....SHOCK! Anger!

It's so much more fun watching him flail rather than just a brief satisfaction in seeing his torch snuffed. Which will soon come, in due time! And if by accident, he pulled some kinda rabbit out of the hat & won immunity the next 2 challenges & squeaked his way to the final 3....We all know, the Jury would NEVER give him the $$$$Million$$$$$...LOL, who better to go up against in the final?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, please don't everyone blast me at once.....(hey, maybe it's the extra glass of melot?), but I thought Coach showed a certain dignity in this last episode. Maybe he's delusional, but he's almost certainly lived an exciting and varied life and he isn't doing too badly in the game of Survivor. He's made it to the final 5. Gotta give him credit for that.

I find myself feeling a smidgen of respect (gasp!) for this man. He's true to his beliefs, to the best of his abilities. Ok, he was caught on tape lying, but -for real, would ANYONE pass that test in an emotional confrontation? He holds his head up high and plays by his own rules and TRIES to perform with honesty and integrity. You could say a lot worse about a man.

Definitely a character, but I don't think he's as awful as people seem to be painting him.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3441399;
    You could say a lot worse about a man.
    Yes, for instance that he's an arrogant, condescending, misogynist, delusional idiot who lives in a world of his own creation. Sorry if I missed any, on short notice

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3441410;
    Yes, for instance that he's an arrogant, condescending, misogynist, delusional idiot who lives in a world of his own creation. Sorry if I missed any, on short notice

I think we could probably add hateful and woman-hating in there somewhere.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3441399;
    He's made it to the final 5. Gotta give him credit for that.
    The only reason he is still around is because he is;
    1. So predictable and thus easy to manipulate,
    2. So annoying that everyone feels safe taking him to the jury at the end and
    3. Such a non-factor in most challenges.

So yeah, I guess you can give him credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3441414;
    I think we could probably add hateful and woman-hating in there somewhere.
    We got woman-hating. New word for the day misogynist = woman hater

We can also add unemployed to his list. And he is unemployed because he lied to the school about needing time off....something about needing time off to have some tests to see if he has cancer!.....yeah that's right up there with honesty and integrity. You betcha!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3441597;
    We got woman-hating. New word for the day misogynist = woman hater

Somewhere in my head, I knew that, but thanks. Obviously it didn't jump out as such so I need to make better note of these things. Thankfully, it's not a word I need to use in my personal life on a regular basis.

It will be fun watching watching JT tell Coach that they had to get rid of Debbie behind his back, for his own good, because the lady he said he trusted implicitly was scheming to get rid of him! I'll bet he doesn't believe that is what happened until he saw it for himself on tv.

It was a good move for JT to try. He can honestly tell Coach that she was a snake, and if Coach believes that, then he has one more reason to trust JT. Getting rid of someone they couldn't manipulate was a good move too.

+ Reply to Thread