+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Tocantins *Spoilers and Speculation*

FORT Regular

Re: The Next Season

i just hope a floater will not win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3251936;
    I am with you on this one. I like him and think he is the best reality host but he sees this game from an entirely different perspective. It is impossible for him to know or guess who the viewers will like.
    I wonder if some of that could be because he spends so much time with them, and sees a lot more than we do of their personalities. We don't get that same viewpoint.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by justgart;3251940;
    i just hope a floater will not win the game.
    That's just Gabon. The other recent seasons have seen the better strategists being championed.

Tocantins doesn't seem like it is going to be a season for stunning landscapes, like this past season. Hopefully the gameplay will make up for it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3252239;
    I wonder if some of that could be because he spends so much time with them, and sees a lot more than we do of their personalities. We don't get that same viewpoint.
    Of course it is! He is involved in the casting, too. He sees so much more than we do. It takes hours to tape TC for example. He engages with them a lot and probably loses sight of the edit even if he has seen the episodes before his pre-show interviews.

I'm glad they are going back to a very humid, hot location. It's bad of me, but I do love to see them sweating and uncomfortable!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3252239;
    He is probably dead on in his assessments, whether we agree or not. He nailed Marcus when he called him "most arrogant"... that question Marcus asked at the final vote ("Would you be as awesome as me with your money?") proved Jeff's point. I think we all agree with his opinion of Corinne too! I guess he knows them best!

I presume Jeff is involved with the editing process as well, so he sees a bunch of stuff that way even if he doesn't see it live. I have to believe he is fully aware of these folks idiosyncracies.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3252524;
    I'm glad they are going back to a very humid, hot location. It's bad of me, but I do love to see them sweating and uncomfortable!
    Yeah, I agree, lets see them run out of rice too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, as long as they have drinkable water let's see them really have to survive...catch fish, etc. I like getting at least little glimpses of how you can make life in the wild more comfortable....Bob and his bench building for example...Richard and his fishing skills....was always sorry we didn't see more of that the season they split the men and women--supposedly Scout had mad survival skills and that's why they wanted to keep her, but we never saw any of that. Come to think of it they almost never show a woman doing something survivorish...once saw a woman weaving a basket, but that was on the "rich vs. poor" season and she was on the rich tribe, so I'm sure it made no difference. The women practically never catch the fish, at best they gut and cook them, the women don't get up on the hut roof to arrange the fronds (even though they are usually lighter and it would make sense for them to do it), They haul firewood and water, that's it. Surely there must be some former Girl Scouts in the applicants?
    Going back to Brazil is fine with me---it's a huge country, I'm sure this part is very different. If you did Survivor in the Arizona desert it wouldn't be the same as Survivor in the upstate NY forests. I find the part about the different personality style appealing...Between TBL's Vicky and Heba, and Corinne and the other nasty Onion folk I've about had it with the bitter nasty approach. Beginning to wonder why I"m wasting my life watching these people!

I'm glad they're taking a break from the island theme. I really think Gabon was one of the most beautiful places they've been to.

NO MORE WATER!!!

+ Reply to Thread