+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/27 Recap Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/27 Recap Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3242449;
    I actually know what a gherkin is. My point is that she got all snotty about their unfamiliarity with foods that were "American" and then proceeded to list off an assortment of European words that described European foods. I am truly surprised that she used the words "blue cheese" and not Roquefort or Gorgonzola.

And I too love paté, though prosciutto is far too salty for my taste.
    I agree. I misunderstood. She is a nasty one.

I think (esp after last night's show) that Corrine, Crystal, and Sugar are all a little evil - I don't think any of them deserve the money. If Marcus had not gone after Kenny and instead gone after Suzie, and Sugar had not thrown Ace under the bus and out of the game then this would be a wildly different show and I think for the better. But since many of my favorites are gone I am now putting all my positive thoughts into Matty to win.

Quote Originally Posted by josieb;3242362;
    I can see now why JP called her evil. Nothing positive ever came out of her mouth. She's toxic!
    I was thinking venomous, but "toxic" is perfect. She is quite the snob and quick to voice hatred of others that annoy her in even a small way. I think she overestimates her influence over the other jury members. They don't have to get along with her or ever see her again after the final show which provides the perfect anti-venom against her.

It will be interesting to see if the friendships Randy thinks he has made during the show with survive the finale. Will he pretend to be nice at the reunion or continue to treat most of the people there like crap?

Will Corinne invenomate anyone, before having her torch snuffed? Will she make her "crushing" parting shot or pretend that she possesses at least a little class?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hey, if people want to pass on the pate because it reminds them of dogfood, I'd be glad to take advantage of their ignorance---all the more for me! Especially of a food that is essentially fat and protein which I've been deprived of for a month.
    I admit though, if it was really true that no one but Corinne knew what any of those foods were I'd have been surprised as well---I thought half these people were actor wannabees living in LA--not people living in towns too small to support a Safeway...and I mention Safeway because I've seen all those foods in small town Safeways far from the coasts. Jeesh, wedding planners have been wrapping melon balls in prosciutto since the 60's!
    Corinne was certainly full of herself. Yes, she went to a good school, and no doubt she is smart and full of big city sophistication, but she has a lot to learn if she thinks she has cornered the market on smarts. Can you make a bench out of twigs and vines, Corinne? Or start a fire with flint? Or make a fishhook out of your eyeglasses? It seems like she has no conception of a life different from her own...as provincial in her way as those who don't know the word gherkin are in theirs.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

On a very different topic...so new post...Marcus and Jacquie had a thing going? Why were we not shown that? Wouldn't it have been interesting to look at Marcus' crushed face when she was voted out? At Charlie's kind of happy one? And we might have gotten to know a few people in their tribe... I never could tell Jacquie and Kelly apart at the time we saw so little of them.

I think we did know about Marcus and Jacquie. But I had forgotten it.

I can't believe that noone has mentioned the new scene shown after the credits.

It was hilarious---the one of the women (Jackie, Sugar and Corinne) watching 4 of the men going skinny-dipping. Transcript (from memory), all dialogue from the women unless otherwise noted:

"Look at them boys!!!"
    (the women wolf-whistle and laugh)
    "Look at Marcus' cute butt!"
    "Ow ow ow!"
    (more laughter)
    Jackie: "They're all nakey"
    Bob?: "Kota!" (as he dives in)
    (more laughter)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3242833;
    I think we did know about Marcus and Jacquie. But I had forgotten it.
    Nope, it as one of the new scenes. Not including the audition tapes, here's a recap of the new scenes, in the order they were shown:

01. Fang eats gross food. Crystal talks about how nasty "Gabon pears" are. Then Ken is shown eating a couple of termites after destroying their hill. Finally GC is shown sharing his grasshoppers he found for breakfast. Crystal takes the offer, and she soon has to drink water to wash down the grasshopper after it gets stuck in her throat.

02. Leeches get stuck on Fang members. Randy tells the tribe how a leech latched onto him after he decided to take a swim in the water. Unfazed, Matty goes for swim and comes back with 2 leeches on him.

03. Marcus and Jacquie are Kota's lovebirds. Corinne goes on to complain that it brings attention to their secret 4-some alliance.

04. Corinne talks trash about Sugar after she leaves for her first visit to Exile. While Sugar is off at Exile, Corinne says that she believes that Sugar will starve to death out there.

05. Matty sings a song about his girlfriend. The song is "For He's She's Jolly Good Fella Woman." Matty goes on to talk about how great she is in a confessional.

06. Randy reminisces on his best friend, who was a dog. He tells Matty that he thinks about him every day and misses him very much. Then in a confessional, Randy admits that he's not the nicest person.

07. (?) not so sure about this one. Randy, Susie, Matty, and Dan align themselves in a tight 4-some. But right after they make this deal, the tribes are swapped.

I know that this alliance was never shown on TV before, but the reason I'm not so sure about this one is because with all the other scenes, it was noted that it was a new scene. This one was not noted.

08. Bob builds many new trinkets for the Kota tribe. This includes a bench, a slingshot, and a thing to hold the pot. In a confessional, Bob says that he is "valuable to them." Corinne is then shown in a confessional, saying that he may be useful, but she's not looking to take him to the end.

09. During a reward trip, Kota enjoys a nice picnic meal and the scenery of Gabon. But Corinne finds herself annoyed by the others after they can't figure out what certain foods are. She also gets annoyed after everyone has a hard time dividing the glass of wine evenly. At the end of this scene, Corinne admits that she can't stand these people and that she would rather give the others poison than share the food with them.

10. Sugar is bored at Exile. She finds ways to keep herself occupied. She made a little outfit for herself, picked flowers, basked in the sun, skinny-dipped in the pool, and slept in the hammock.

11. Sugar talks to Corinne about her behavior. Sugar hasn't really been fond of how Corinne has acted in this game, and so she goes right ahead and confronts her about it. But of course, Corinne doesn't like that Sugar tried to "teach her a lesson." She describes Sugar as a homeless woman with no college degree who "lives off the kindness of others," and Corinne doesn't like people like that. She then complains to Randy about her, and Randy wholeheartedly agrees with her. Finally, Corinne says that she may not have control of the game, but she has the jury behind her and confidently says that Sugar will not win.

12. The men of Kota skinny-dip in the water. First it's Charlie, Marcus, and Ace, who all the women are checking out. Then Bob follows them, screaming, "Kota!" whilst in mid-air.

After watching the recap again, I found myself getting annoyed by Jeff's voiceovers. They're so biased, especially towards certain players like Matty, saying things like "Matty's tribe." He uses many descriptive adjectives of a few players, like calling Bob "ingenious" with his new inventions and calling Randy "smug" when he walked to him with the "idol." And they might be true, but as the host of the show, it's annoying to see him so biased. But the producers of the show are probably making him say it, so it's not only Jeff I should be complaining about.

And why was Bob included in the list of "underdogs" in the beginning of the show? Bob has never aligned himself with the other "underdogs," except maybe Sugar. I know Bob has outlasted 3/4 Onion members who thought of him as the "5th member," but Jeff's voiceover said that the "underdogs" are in control of the game, and like I said, Bob isn't exactly aligned with them.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-30-2008 at 06:45 AM.

That was the first time I had seen that particular scene about Jacquie and Marcus, but they showed some other scenes with them talking about hanging out alone. I think there was at least one too where Jacquie told Marcus that she thought Corrine liked him. Some of these may have been on the CBS website though.

CrossingGuard, Jeff said on his blog that he writes everything he says, not the producers. Nice write-up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast