+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Randy - "I like Crystal."

Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Randy - "I like Crystal."

Thanks Mariner Interesting interview. No doubt he is intelligent and has a sarcastic sense of humour. He doesn't have a very good opinion of humanity though! Being forced to spend time with a bunch of people handpicked by a network is a lot different than choosing your own friends. Although he did say he considers some of the people from Survivor his friends, except *Sugar* (cue heavy music)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3239901;
    I really appreciate the compliments, but I want to make sure everyone knows that I was only one of four people asking the questions. The other three are from different websites. I had plenty of help in engaging him. I think to a certain extent he enjoyed the back and forth with a diverse group of questioners and joking around a bit. Whatever else you may think of him, he's definitely smart, and he definitely has a sense of humor. I don't think you'd ever be bored if you sat down and had a beer with him.
    That is an excellent format because he was the most engaged during this interview. It makes total sense that 4 people do this. It created a jovial atmosphere and a real conversation ensued.

I know Randy is smart and I would snap up the chance to have a beer with him. I appreciated that he was honest up front about who he was and what to expect.

I Find it interesting that the last 3 people voted out all had the same thing to say about Sugar. What's up with that? Is/Was CBS so desperate for a likeable person that they had to invent one??????
    \K

It really does sound like Bob does know or have the real idol from the ocean. I wonder if Randy is pulling our legs or he really can't say what he knows.. interesting! Great interview!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;3240200;
    What's up with that? Is/Was CBS so desperate for a likeable person that they had to invent one??????
    \K
    Does Big Brother and Jerry ring a bell?

Seems Susie got a better edit too--Randy says she nevers shuts up and annoys people--Probst said the same thing in his pre-season pieces but we have sence none of it.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fan

So early on Randy, you sacrificed your eyeglasses and turned them into a fish hook. Did that effect your being able to see the rest of the game?

Not so much seeing that I have twenty/twenty vision and Id made fish hooks out of a similar pair of glasses two months before I went on the show.

So why did you bring the glasses?

To make fish hooks.
    This is planning ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by KMK0902;3240200;
    I Find it interesting that the last 3 people voted out all had the same thing to say about Sugar. What's up with that? Is/Was CBS so desperate for a likeable person that they had to invent one??????
    \K
    What did Marcus say about Sugar? I missed it. I can understand the last two saying negative stuff about her. First, her vote was responsible for voting Charlie out instead of Crystal. Second, her and Randy not only hated each other during the game, but she also orchestrated his spectacular departure.
    I'm sure CBS is giving her a good edit, but I'm just not convinced that she's as evil as Randy says she is. I think it will be interesting to hear what people that were friendly with her had to say or what more neutral sources thought of her behavior.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3239775;
    The people that were actually playing the game like Jacquie, Ace, myself, Marcus, Corinne, Charlie were the ones that are getting the short end of the stick.

If you were the only ones playing the game, how come all of you have been eliminated? Is it because the others are playing as well, and they are playing better than you, but you just cant accept it?

I think Bob agreeing to Sugar to give you the idol is part of a bigger plan. Bob, Matty & Sugar will team up and will try to get Corrine to vote out Crystal, Ken & Susie.

You may have played better physically on the show ( as youre part of a group that won the most ), but Crystal, Ken & Susie played a better game ( as they have blindsided the members of your winning team ).

Quote Originally Posted by justgart;3240301;
    If you were the only ones playing the game, how come all of you have been eliminated? Is it because the others are playing as well, and they are playing better than you, but you just cant accept it?
    No because of a tribal --or two, otherwise the others would all be gone. Production interference not superior game play led to this.

You may have played better physically on the show ( as your part of a group that won the most ), but Crystal, Ken & Susie played a better game ( as they have blindsided the members of your winning team ).
    Not a blindside if you out number the intended target. Randy was going home 4-3 with or without all the fireworks. Doing that to a jury member is not superior gameplay--can Sugar/Kenny or Crystal win the game if Bob/Matty or Susie make the F3, I think not.
    Last edited by pawpaw; 11-24-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3240320;
    Not a blindside if you out number the intended target. Tandy was going home 4-3 with or without all the fireworks.
    I certainly agree it wasn't a blindside. However, Randy wasn't necessarily going home. It looked like Matty had his alliance (which knows Sugar has the idol so Bob wasn't going to find it at Exile) convinced to vote out Bob until Randy's over the top strategy flipped Matty back to saying Randy had to go.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast