+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: 11/20 show discussion thread **spoilers*

Re: 11/20 show discussion thread **spoilers*

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrossingGuard
    And I also fail to see why Marcus was so arrogant.

This one I do see. The whole way he dealt with Suzie and Crystal not to mention the HII ocean burial. His general attitude as the leader of the invincible tribe. Thinking that Bob was fine with being #5. His assumption that Sugar was too stupid to find the HII no matter how often she was sent to EI. The list goes on. I'm sure we didn't see half of what went on.
    I wonder if Jeff said that because of the comments Marcus made on the episode he was kicked off. He did seem especially pleased with himself that day when he said that he was responsible for convincing nine people to throw away the idol and no one in the history of Survivor had done that. And throwing away an immunity idol in and of itself is an arrogant move, even if the situation in which it was presented to them made it difficult for anyone to keep without putting a target on his/her back.

I agree, Jeff's comments had to be based on the eppy Marcus left. But I take it as him playing the game, no more or less arrogant than most of the others.. I also don't see Corinne as ubernasty, maybe a little bratty. What is Jeff doing to us??

Randy, now he was the arrogant one, but funny to watch self-implode..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3240739;
    I wonder if Jeff said that because of the comments Marcus made on the episode he was kicked off. He did seem especially pleased with himself that day when he said that he was responsible for convincing nine people to throw away the idol and no one in the history of Survivor had done that. And throwing away an immunity idol in and of itself is an arrogant move, even if the situation in which it was presented to them made it difficult for anyone to keep without putting a target on his/her back.
    Yes, I think you nailed it. Jeff was shocked and disgusted they tossed that II. That is probably the reason for his comment.

I didn't see anything else they could have done. It was useless to anyone who had it. Everyone knew and would have forced it out at the next TC.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3240965;
    It was useless to anyone who had it.
    I don't think it was necessarily useless to Sugar. The HII she already has serves as kind of a buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3241026;
    I don't think it was necessarily useless to Sugar. The HII she already has serves as kind of a buffer.
    Nor would it have been useless to Marcus who would have been saved for the merge, but the point is whoever grabbed it would be a target. And really they would have been a target for two reasons - (1) because people would want to smoke out the idol and (2) because they grabbed the idol from everyone else, which looks like kind of a selfish/jerk move, so it would hurt their social game.

We need to remember that the Onion Alliance thought they had merged with the strongest numbers and had no need of the HII. It wasn't until after the ocean burial that they found out that they were splitting into 2 teams and Marcus was on a team where he should have been safe, but his arrogance and shortsightedness got him blindsided instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3241965;
    We need to remember that the Onion Alliance thought they had merged with the strongest numbers and had no need of the HII. It wasn't until after the ocean burial that they found out that they were splitting into 2 teams and Marcus was on a team where he should have been safe, but his arrogance and shortsightedness got him blindsided instead.
    Yes, I think we all remember that. What we were discussing was the awkwardness of the situation in which the HII was presented to them, making it impossible to get the idol without hurting one's social game.
    I don't think Marcus could said to be the most arrogant player in Survivor history for trusting Crystal when he didn't need to; that was just kind of stupid.
    Last edited by Mags225; 11-26-2008 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3240735;
    This one I do see. The whole way he dealt with Suzie and Crystal not to mention the HII ocean burial. His general attitude as the leader of the invincible tribe. Thinking that Bob was fine with being #5. His assumption that Sugar was too stupid to find the HII no matter how often she was sent to EI. The list goes on. I'm sure we didn't see half of what went on.
    I can see why people thought Marcus was arrogant, but the most arrogant player ever? No way.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3242207;
    I can see why people thought Marcus was arrogant, but the most arrogant player ever? No way.
    I agree. We have seen arrogant people over the seasons and Marcus was certainly not the worst. Same with Corinne - sure she is a b*tch but the worst??? haven't seen that yet. If she was as bad as Jeff has said you would have thought they would have voted her off already. You would think they would be showing us more of this side of her. Why edit someone as a b*tch if you edit them as a superb*tch?

+ Reply to Thread