+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Charlie - "It's a recipe for disaster."

Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Charlie - "It's a recipe for disaster."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3235876;
    He says he never got to know Kenny and Crystal, which to me says they don't make it to Ponderosa in the near future, if ever.
    Good catch!

That was a great interview, I liked Charlie and was sad to see him go.

I do think he meant he did not know Crystal/Ken since they were in the tribe together for a short time, that's all.

Really don't think he'd be giving away the ending so obviously. I was kind of surprised at the dislike for Crystal.

I have to agree with Soapqueen - although it could be that Kenny and Crystal don't make it to Ponderosa, it is just as likely that Charlie has to watch what he says because of the contract the contestants have to sign. Gonna miss him on the show, though.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3236213;
    I have to agree with Soapqueen - although it could be that Kenny and Crystal don't make it to Ponderosa, it is just as likely that Charlie has to watch what he says because of the contract the contestants have to sign. Gonna miss him on the show, though.
    It could be just something he says to throw people off, but he didn't have to make the comment at all since it was in response to who he's still friends with. To me it says Kenny and Crystal don't make it to Ponderosa in the next few votes because if one of them got there when there were so few people there, then Charlie would have plenty of time to get to know them without very many people around to keep them from getting to know each other. If Crystal and Kenny are voted out after there are about five or six people voted out, then there might be enough other people around, and a minimal amount of time, that once again he didn't really get to know them.

Charlie and Marcus were busy exploring Africa and being buddies. I don't think they would have hung around much with any other contestants they didn't care for.

"Not the most talented group of people left?" HA! HA! I forgot it takes a lot of talent to be the first two voted off and in the jury box. smirk

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3236279;
    It could be just something he says to throw people off, but he didn't have to make the comment at all since it was in response to who he's still friends with. To me it says Kenny and Crystal don't make it to Ponderosa in the next few votes because if one of them got there when there were so few people there, then Charlie would have plenty of time to get to know them without very many people around to keep them from getting to know each other. If Crystal and Kenny are voted out after there are about five or six people voted out, then there might be enough other people around, and a minimal amount of time, that once again he didn't really get to know them.
    It could go either way. It also could be that he was not allowed to talk about them because of his limited game experience with them and any further comments would have made it obvious that they were at Ponderosa. Or maybe he just doesnt like them and didn't want to go there.

Mariner? When you do interviews is there a coach from the show present with the booted to prevent slips?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3237326;
    It could go either way. It also could be that he was not allowed to talk about them because of his limited game experience with them and any further comments would have made it obvious that they were at Ponderosa. Or maybe he just doesnt like them and didn't want to go there.

Mariner? When you do interviews is there a coach from the show present with the booted to prevent slips?
    There is a person from CBS on the line and there have been a few times when a question was deemed out of bounds. For instance, Kelly could answer questions about what people who were booted before her were like outside the game but couldn't answer a question about what someone was like outside the game who was still in the game.

I really think Charlie was just talking about Kenny and Crystal to this point in the game. I wouldn't read too much into his answer.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123