+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwear."

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3236406;
    Again, it doesn't really matter to me either way. But do "just male friends" do the arm-linking-to-take-a drink thing, or lay out all their clothes, test all the combinations out and model them with and for each other? I'm surprised that I've even mentioned this, because being friends and having fun together is great!

    Charlie did tell Marcus that he was so turned on (or Marcus looked so hot in that shirt), and Marcus didn't seem uncomfortable about that.

    It's just that I get a "relationship" vibe from these two, and Marcus was adamant that he's straight. We need a spoiler from the crew (just kidding).

    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jeff said that 2 people did find love (or something to that effect).


    Although, I detect some distance about Marcus in Charlie's interviews. Maybe they were just checking each other out, or only had a brief dalliance.
    They were being totally silly and putting on a little skit for the camera for fun!! They were not serious about the clothes!

    We have a lot of gay friends and my husband is relaxed and physical with them just as Marcus has been with Charlie.

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    I am shocked at his behavior at Ponderosa. He talks to Crystal ONCE about an alliance then is shocked she betrayed him.

    She was on the opposite team, didn't know him or have a sense of where he stood. By her own observation she saw a tight alliance of 5 he had already formed.

    Crystal did not trust his words, clearly, and proceeded to play what was best for herself as she saw it in the moment. That is exaclty what Marcus was doing, playing for himself. That doesnt mean that those around you have to do as you say. Try for it and if it works good, if not move onto another plan. That is how the game works.

    Her only tight ally was Ken and Marcus wanted to vote him out that very night. That is not a way to make a new alliance member feel secure. She saw it as suicide and it very well may have been.

    And this smart doctor decides not to speak to her! Who shuns people?! This is just nuts.

  3. #33
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250152;
    I am shocked at his behavior at Ponderosa. He talks to Crystal ONCE about an alliance then is shocked she betrayed him.

    She was on the opposite team, didn't know him or have a sense of where he stood. By her own observation she saw a tight alliance of 5 he had already formed.

    Crystal did not trust his words, clearly, and proceeded to play what was best for herself as she saw it in the moment. That is exaclty what Marcus was doing, playing for himself. That doesnt mean that those around you have to do as you say. Try for it and if it works good, if not move onto another plan. That is how the game works.

    Her only tight ally was Ken and Marcus wanted to vote him out that very night. That is not a way to make a new alliance member feel secure. She saw it as suicide and it very well may have been.

    And this smart doctor decides not to speak to her! Who shuns people?! This is just nuts.
    I completely agree! Marcus is acting like a kid. He didn't get his way so he's going to be a little brat about it all. I was also disappointed Charlie didn't go ahead and talk to her although what he said about not really knowing her would make it more difficult. At least he said he thought the whole situtation was childish.

    I expect Randy and Corrine to be immature so I'm not surprised by their behavior.

    Crystal seemed really cool about the situation. I like her more after watching her time on Ponderosa and I think her argument to Randy when he said whoever gets the "mill" would still be a loser. Crystal has a really good attitude about the whole thing.

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3250342;
    I completely agree! Marcus is acting like a kid. He didn't get his way so he's going to be a little brat about it all. I was also disappointed Charlie didn't go ahead and talk to her although what he said about not really knowing her would make it more difficult. At least he said he thought the whole situtation was childish.

    I expect Randy and Corrine to be immature so I'm not surprised by their behavior.

    Crystal seemed really cool about the situation. I like her more after watching her time on Ponderosa and I think her argument to Randy when he said whoever gets the "mill" would still be a loser. Crystal has a really good attitude about the whole thing.
    Oh yes and Charlie. He could easily have said he didnt know her in the game and he was going to welcome her! Yes, Crystal does have a good attitude. But what else can she do really? If she had been welcomed and all were willing to trash talk Sugar would she? I dont mean to knock her, just saying that circumstances often propell us into our better selves. And vice versa.

  5. #35
    FORT Fanatic Mags225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    425

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3250381;
    Oh yes and Charlie. He could easily have said he didnt know her in the game and he was going to welcome her! Yes, Crystal does have a good attitude. But what else can she do really? If she had been welcomed and all were willing to trash talk Sugar would she? I dont mean to knock her, just saying that circumstances often propell us into our better selves. And vice versa.
    I'm sure she would enjoy trash talking Sugar a little, but I like that she hasn't lashed out in anger in the one-on-ones. She said she was hurt to see that Sugar had voted for her but didn't then proceed to say that she never wanted to talk to her again, that she was just a dumb unemployed waitress, or that she hoped she got bitten by a green mambo. I think she's been pretty gracious about losing. She could have agreed with Randy that that person who wins the million will be a loser, but she didn't, and she kind of laughed off Randy's bitterness. She just seems to be adjusting the best to being voted off.
    Last edited by Mags225; 12-12-2008 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

    Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3250400;
    I'm sure she would enjoy trash talking Sugar a little, but I like that she hasn't lashed out in anger in the one-on-ones. She said she was hurt to see that Sugar had voted for her but didn't then proceed to say that she never wanted to talk to her again, that she was just a dumb unemployed waitress, or that she hoped she got bitten by a green mambo. I think she's been pretty gracious about losing. She could have agreed with Randy that that person who wins the million will be a loser, but she didn't, and she kind of laughed off Randy's bitterness. She just seems to be adjusting the best to being voted off.
    Yes, I am impressed with her grace in this situation. She certainly has a good example of how not to be surrounding her! I am curious to see how the next juror is received and how the dynamic changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.