+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwear."

Who is John Galt?

Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

Marcus being Hispanic doesn't surprise me. He probably has more Spanish blood with little or no Indian mixed in. My grandmother was pure Mexican and had auburn hair and green eyes. As far as his personality - a real chatty Ken doll. I get the sense he likes to show off his brain, but he doesn't know when to shut up. He needs to edit himself. He could get real boring, real fast. I will say though that he is a good sport about having his private parts aired for all the world to see and has a good sense of humor about it. Somebody didn't edit that episode carefully enough. However, I have seen others in previous Survivors with partial reveals that didn't get edited but I must admit, I missed this one (aw shucks). Boy the boot picks were sure wrong. I was surprised he got voted off - Susie did the right thing and pulled a real coup.

LG.

Re: Survivor Gabon: Interview with Marcus - "I immediately changed brands of underwe

I think the reason that Marcus doesn't (or didn't, maybe he does now) see that Crystal and Susie both made their best possible move in voting him off is that he can't fathom a "successful" season without himself in the finale. Let's see, jockey with a bunch of other people to try to be your number 4 and not make it to the finals, or ditch you and be their own alliance- the logical choice is exactly what Crystal, Susie and Kenny did. He's just too close to it to see it was the best move for them.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3231963;
    I think the reason that Marcus doesn't (or didn't, maybe he does now) see that Crystal and Susie both made their best possible move in voting him off is that he can't fathom a "successful" season without himself in the finale. Let's see, jockey with a bunch of other people to try to be your number 4 and not make it to the finals, or ditch you and be their own alliance- the logical choice is exactly what Crystal, Susie and Kenny did. He's just too close to it to see it was the best move for them.

That's it exactly. From HIS perspective it wasn't logical, however, anybody playing the game better be thinking from their own perspective.

I must have missed it but what's the big deal about his penis? I don't remember seeing it, must not have been that memorable. Oh, I think Jeff hit it on the head Marcus is arrogant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

On the first episode, it popped out of his shorts during a challenge and CBS didn't catch it in the edit so it went unblurred. Of course, now they blurred it because they finally figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3231963;

I think this interview was just done this past Friday, so it's probably been a couple months to get some distance and he still can't see things from their perspective? He seems like a total narcissist.

Marcus does come across in his interview as being a little too full of himself, but to say he was the most arrogant ever would be stretching it. Interviews with Richard Hatch, Johnny Fairplay and Boston Rob showed just as much arrogance, in my opinion. But if Jeff says you were, then that's good enough for me. Editing can really change perspective. He DOES come off as just a bit clueless about Suzie. She wasn't playing for you, Marcus.

Oh, and why "immediately changed brands of underwear?" It wasn't your underwear that flopped out, pretty boy.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Speaking of blurring, was anyone else amused by the Ponderosa shot of Marcus with the blurred can, Marcus with the Coke can, Marcus with the blurred can, LOL.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3231709;
    Boy.... he IS chatty, isn't he???

I like him. He's probably one of the more likeable alphamales they've ever had on the show. I avoided most of the pre-show behind the scenes stuff this time around... did Jeff really not like him?

Great job getting that all out there, Mariner! You had to type a novel....

I know that Jeff has said in a couple of different interviews, one on our local station, that, in his opinion, Marcus had to be the most arrogant player ever, and Corrine, was the meanest. With Corrine it seems, and I could be remembering this incorrectly, that he said that she didn't just play mean, she actually was mean or something along those lines. I really got the feeling he was less than impressed with either of these guys as just normal, everyday people. I'm sure that he has been doing this gig long enough to pick up on what seems to be game play and what is just is who they are.

FORT Newbie

To me, he just seems to be one of those people that believes in "honor" when it works in his direction. Like when he was talking about Crystal's cousin. In survivor, the people who don't vote for other's because of their morals or something ALWAYS get screwed over. I think he was just looking for numbers with Crystal, not actually trying to be moral.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3232331;
    I'm sure that he has been doing this gig long enough to pick up on what seems to be game play and what is just is who they are.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. Jeff was just trying to hype up this less than stellar season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast