+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GABON: Final Three Opinions and Speculations (no spoilers)

GABON: Final Three Opinions and Speculations (no spoilers)

We've seen enough of these people by now to make educated guesses, I think. With only nine left, its getting to be an easier task too.

Two lists.

A.) Which three are MOST LIKELY to get to the end?

B.) Regardless of skill or likelihood, which three would you like to see at the end?

Here are mine, as of today, Nov 7th. I may post revised lists in a few weeks.

A.) MOST LIKELY - Charlie, Corinne, Randy - With those three, the ULTIMATE winner? Depends on if the jury rewards "niceness" or skill. You can never tell, since in different seasons different juries have gone either way.

B.) MOST WANTED - Bob, Matty, Ol' Evil Randy - Bob doesn't stand a chance, because he's really in nobody's tight alliance, and yet also doesn't seem like a natural schemer who'd be able to use swing vote status properly. But he seems like a great guy, so he's my token "doesn't really deserve it for gameplay but I like him" choice. Matty is just screwed, merge or no merge, but I think it might be amusing to see him at the end. Ol' Evil Randy is a schemer, yes. An unpleasant anti-social snarky old fart. And I want him to win this thing for ALL of those reasons. I doubt he will (although I think he's got a good chance of F4 or even F3), but it will be a nice ride.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: GABON: Final Three Opinions and Speculations (no spoilers)

A.) Ken, Sugar, Matty

B.) Ken, Sugar, Matty

Bob sucks and will only get far if he's dragged for numbers. He has no gameplay at all and I hope he leaves ASAP.

FORT Fan

A.) Which three are MOST LIKELY to get to the end?
    Ken, Sugar, Matty
    The NuFang tribe seems to be in control now with Susie's flip. All three of these players have decent edits thus far, making them seem like they could be in the end. Ken ends up winning.

B.) Regardless of skill or likelihood, which three would you like to see at the end?
    Crystal, Ken, Sugar
    Pulling for a Crystal Cox victory
    Last edited by MK202; 11-07-2008 at 09:39 PM.

A.) Ken, Matty, Crystal

B.) Any combination of Corinne, Susie, Charlie, Sugar

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A: Ken, Randy, Crystal, just because Ken and Crystal seem to have the tightest bond left... and Randy for sneakiness. The onion alliance will peel apart...you can't tell me a nice guy like Charlie won't run afoul of Corinne w/o Marcus to run interference. Ken's smart but others don't realize it (see below), yet he knows that Crystal probably can't beat him physically and is less well liked, so he won't turn on her. Randy will get there because he's very good at spotting F3 threats and getting them out early, so the obvious endurance challenge threats will be gone.
    B: Bob, Matty, Ken....They are all playing to best of their abilities. Bob--not just extremely useful around camp (one reason the Kota team did well from the start--their life was easier so they were more rested, etc., and then won hooks etc., so it just got better), but also much stronger physically than you might think--see his vicious play during the keepaway game and the 2nd place finish, barely, to a much younger guy in the pole holding challenge--beating out several much younger and seemingly stronger men. Unfortunately Randy will see he's a bad F3 opponent (and he dislikes him) and Bob's failure to bond with others will hurt him--from interviews he seems to annoy people so might be an easy post merge bump. I like him though, and gotta root for a fellow teacher who actually knows something about survival!
    Matty---likeable and strong. Unfortunately that makes him an obvious F3 threat so will get bounced.
    Ken--clever and has a very supportive teammate who might make F4 and get bounced by the others. Randy won't spot him early as he hasn't been on Ken's team during the Ace and Marcus ejections, so won't realize where that came from.

With all of the bashing Fang has received from Jeff's narrations in the recaps (the ones that play in the beginning of the episodes), I think the editors are trying to make the Fang members look like underdogs. It's always a good storyline to see the underdogs come out on top, so I think....

A) Ken, Crystal, Susie - Ken and Crystal will probably stick together. But all 3 of them only make it to the top 3 if Sugar and Matty stick with their old Fang members + Susie. If the 5 of them do stick together, then Ken and Crystal will find a way to get rid of Sugar and Matty. Matty because of his physicality in challenges, and Sugar because she can potentially get sympathy votes from the jury for her deceased father (I don't think any jury members would be dumb enough to vote on sympathy, but still). Also, if Sugar were to make it to the F3, jury members can possibly see her as the lesser of the evils, so she automatically wins.

So Ken and Crystal bring Susie along with them. Jury members will probably see her as someone who rode coattails, so they won't vote for her.

B) Crystal, Sugar, Susie - So far, we haven't seen Susie do anything that strategic, other than voting for Marcus (but Crystal led her to do that). So if the jury wants to vote for a person who played the game, then they won't vote for her. That leaves my two favorites.

Sugar hasn't done much either so far, other than voting for Ace (and again, Ken led her to do that). But she's likable. She hasn't rubbed anyone the wrong way, unlike Susie. She can grab some votes for being likable.

I would prefer a Crystal win. A Sugar win is fine, but the best outcome for me is to see Crystal winning. So hopefully if this situation does happen, then hopefully Crystal will get votes for being the most strategic.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 11-09-2008 at 03:17 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

most likely at this point, Kenny,Sugar & matty
    all based on numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if Randy or Crystal made it there either.

I would like to see those three in the end.

Most Likely: Charlie, Randy, Sugar
    Reasons? Charlie and Randy for gameplay and ability and Sugar because she hasn't totally pissed anybody off (that we can see) and she still has that darned immunity idol.

Most Wanted: Bob, Randy, Charlie

I want Bob to be there simply because of the work ethic he has shown so far, the way he goes all out in the challenges and because Pappy got the dreaded purple rock several seasons ago! It's about time someone with a little older wisdom and experience who did not appear to be an evil, manipulating wiseass won this thing! (Of course, Bob could be a complete tool, but haven't seen that on the episodes) I want Randy there just for the opposite reason - really don't like his snarky, smartass attitude during confessionals, but he too goes all out during challenges and he is smart - I appreciate gameplay and real effort. And Charlie, well, I just like Charlie. I would like to have him for a younger brother. Oh, and he plays the game with a lot of real effort also.

If Sugar, Suzie or Crystal ()end up in final three or heaven forbid one of them ends up winning, I will be very disappointed. As for Corinne or Kenny - don't really care one way or the other what happens with them.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

If were all about Gameplay, then Charlie, Kenny, Crystal, and, darn it all, Randy should probably earn the top spots.

But on a purely 'who do I like' basis, for me that is Crystal, Kenny and Matty. We have not spent enough time with the Charlies of the world to get to know them.

So ...

Who will be top three? My predictions:

- Charlie, Corinne, Matty. Charlie's strategizing pulls Corinne all the way to the end, and Mattie goes on an immunity run.

Who would I wish to be there?

- Crystal, Kenny, Mattie

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;3231879;
    If were all about Gameplay, then Charlie, Kenny, Crystal, and, darn it all, Randy should probably earn the top spots.

But on a purely 'who do I like' basis, for me that is Crystal, Kenny and Matty. We have not spent enough time with the Charlies of the world to get to know them.
    You know, I was totally thinking of challenges gameplay when I thought of Crystal...didn't really think about her promises to Ace and Marcus and then turning on them as her gameplay, but you're right....that is "playing the game". In that respect then she has done well. Only person that should trust her is Kenny.

And the only person that should trust Suzie is probably Jeff.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast