+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 10/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3226853;
    I remember the first season they did this, it was they had to jump off the boat with the belongings they could carry and the clothes on their back. I thought it previous seasons, they had a change of clothes for camp and left their suitcases at base. I just remember one contestant wearing a pair of cargo pants that i own from the GAP and thought they were the perfect pants because you could unzip them into shorts, roll and snap them and they could accommodate your weight loss. It just seems these days they are caught by surprise...I don't know, I'm probably making too much of it.
    Pearl Islands was the season to introduce the "Clothes Off Your Back" twist. IIRC, the producers told them to come in their own choice of clothes but suggested that they wear clothes that represented who they were in a nice way (which was why Lill wore her Boy Scouts outfit and why mostly everyone came in suits/dresses). They told the contestants that they would be doing pre-show interviews but instead started the game to the contestants' surprise.

But nowadays, I've heard that they do the "Clothes Off Your Back" twist a little differently. For China, I read that the producers actually gave the contestants clothes to wear. But nothing's confirmed. All I know is that this twist isn't as shocking as it was in the Pearl Islands.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

IMO the 'clothes off your back' twist is a little silly now. Seeing the guys at TC all dirty and unkempt with a suit jacket and, in the case of Dan, a tie on...just looks dumb. I'd prefer if they worse t-shirts, shorts, clothes that are comfortable and easy to live in. I'd be beyond ticked if I had to spend a month in a thin halter dress or something like that, with nothing else except maybe a bathing suit and the Survivor buff.

I don't think I'm cut out for Survivor
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3226755;
    Yup. Her permanent grimace and snarl are starting to wear thin. But I dislike Randy more. He's just weird and mean and nasty and disgusting to me. Hope his smug naked butt gets booted next week, but I'm preparing myself that he might be around for awhile.

Sugar makes me nuts. I love her, then at the challenge when she's so totally useless but giggling about it I want to slap her, then she blindsides Ace and I love her again. If by some miracle she makes it to the end I hope she wins. Good thing to stab your ally in the back before the merge so he can't spew venom at you at the final TC. We'll see how the others react though.

At this point I am ok with Bob, Kenny and Sugar. Cannot stand Crystal and Randy. Don't care about the rest. Where's Ozzy when I need him? I need someone I love to root for!!
    I'm continuing to enjoy Sugar. I don't feel any hate for Crystal, but I am disappointed in her prowess at challenges.

Koto now knows that Dan did not have the HI, so at merge, Sugar is a direct target. She no longer has Ace at her back - which wouldn't help at merge because original Koto couldn't stand him - so she is vunerable. I don't know how much protection an alliance with Ken and Crystal will give her - even if Matty joins them at the merge.

It looks as though the onion alliance is still the strongest alliance in the game and, while wishing a segment titled (sarcastically) King of Gabon foretells a downfall, it won't happen as the weaker players will be picked off, probably starting with Susie. This season seems to have more true villans in Ace and now Corrine - not just those who spout off at the hip. Should be interesting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3226566;
    Crystal is just nasty and one of the most innept social players ever. Oh, and physically useless too.
    I agree and Ace said, in his interview, that her editing was kind.

I don't see her lasting long because she will irritate everyone very quickly. The strategy of keeping her because she offers no threat will fly out the window. Hunger and fatigue will turn them homisidal and they will speak through clenched teeth during TC and write nasty things on their ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3226894;
    IMO the 'clothes off your back' twist is a little silly now. Seeing the guys at TC all dirty and unkempt with a suit jacket and, in the case of Dan, a tie on...just looks dumb. I'd prefer if they worse t-shirts, shorts, clothes that are comfortable and easy to live in. I'd be beyond ticked if I had to spend a month in a thin halter dress or something like that, with nothing else except maybe a bathing suit and the Survivor buff.

I don't think I'm cut out for Survivor
    The worst part would be to attempt the physical challenges without a bra. I think it's unfair that men can wear their underwear as swim trunks but women have to cover their tops. I wish they would go back to allowing them to wear appropriate clothing.

+ Reply to Thread