+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

Fresh off his Emmy win for reality show host, Survivor's Jeff Probst is developing a new reality series for CBS, EW.com reports.

The dimpled one will host Live Like You're Dying, a Make-A-Wish of sorts, as the series will feature people with terminal illnesses being taken on "the last adventure of their life" before they die.

"The focus of the show is not death," Probst said. "The story we’re going tell is about living. This is a show that is intended to inspire everybody to get the most out of their lives every day."

A pilot has been ordered — filming will take place in January — and should the series be picked up, each episode will profile a new person.

Probst will work on the show with Survivor honcho Mark Burnett and Denise Cramsey of another tug-at-your-heartstrings series — Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

What do you think of the show's premise? Is it morbid or inspirational?
    Jeff Probst Creating New Reality Series for CBS - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Eh..I think it will flop.

Re: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

I think it sounds good. I would watch it. I'm a sucker for stories like that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3220718;
    I think it sounds good. I would watch it. I'm a sucker for stories like that.
    Me too......grab the box of Kleenex and watch away!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This show sounds so sweet, but it can go wrong in so many ways. My main worry is that one of the terminally ill patients passes away during the taping of their episode.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3220751;
    This show sounds so sweet, but it can go wrong in so many ways. My main worry is that one of the terminally ill patients passes away during the taping of their episode.
    My main concern is that there may be controversy in which some of the patients are accused of having a curable disease (hopefully they're all curable--unfortunately, that's not the case in today's world), and so they will be taken on an amazing trip and end up not terminally ill, then lots of accusations of fraudulent casting and fakeness in the show will happen, then, flop. This show does seem to be walking on thin ice. Not trying to be negative or rude or anything, but I can totally see something like this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3220705;

Eh..I think it will flop.
    I'm with you on that.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The Washington Post's take--they weren't so nice:

Lisa de Moraes - CBS to Turn Dying Wishes Into Reality TV - washingtonpost.com

Couple of clip's:

Finally, a network has found the perfect way to cast a reality series free of all those wannabe actors/wannabe "The View" hostesses who are doing so much to make viewers so cynical about the "reality" of reality TV.

And if the subject is not an elderly person but is young (preferably 18 to 49 years old), hot, looks good in a bikini and says she can die happy if only she participates in the next Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, so much the better.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

"CBS has ordered a pilot on "Live Like You're Dying," which will be cast entirely with people who have received a diagnosis of a terminal disease and been told by their doctors they have but months, or better yet, weeks, to live."

Um, better for whom???

If Probst and Burnett are involved, it couldn't be too cheesy, could it?
    I would probably watch the pilot - but would hope it would be done with a little class and dignity.

I keep thinking Johnny Fairplay must be trying to come up with a really good story right about now..........
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Probst will work on the show with Survivor honcho Mark Burnett and Denise Cramsey of another tug-at-your-heartstrings series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
    SNL (or was it Mad TV?) did an absolute hilarious parody of that show. It might even be a recurring skit.

This new show would need to have a team of extremely qualified consultants in order for it to work. And I really hope that Dr. Phil isn't one of them.

FORT Fogey

What a terrible idea! I would never watch this. I don't watch Extreme Makeover with Ty either. It will never get past the pilot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast