+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

Re: Jeff Probst's new Reality Show

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3220732;
    Me too......grab the box of Kleenex and watch away!!!!!
    i would share mine with you but I think i might need two boxes! i'm a big cry baby when it comes to stories like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3220752;
    My main concern is that there may be controversy in which some of the patients are accused of having a curable disease (hopefully they're all curable--unfortunately, that's not the case in today's world), and so they will be taken on an amazing trip and end up not terminally ill, then lots of accusations of fraudulent casting and fakeness in the show will happen, then, flop. This show does seem to be walking on thin ice. Not trying to be negative or rude or anything, but I can totally see something like this happening.
    if they do the show i hope that they check out every case and talk to the doctors to verify the information before they choose the person to take the trip. i know people will say but what about doctor/patient confidenciality... well if you are going to do a show like that there should be (probably will be) a waiver that you sign saying that they can talk to the doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3220836;
    "CBS has ordered a pilot on "Live Like You're Dying," which will be cast entirely with people who have received a diagnosis of a terminal disease and been told by their doctors they have but months, or better yet, weeks, to live."

Um, better for whom???

If Probst and Burnett are involved, it couldn't be too cheesy, could it?
    I would probably watch the pilot - but would hope it would be done with a little class and dignity.

I keep thinking Johnny Fairplay must be trying to come up with a really good story right about now..........
    i'm so tired of johnny fairplay but your right i can see him trying to find something cheese to come up with.

I wanna say that back in the 80's there was a show like that. i can't remember i would have to look it up. i don't think it was a trip i just think it was meeting a perosn that they liked. i can't remember for sure

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by surviorwannabe;3223575;
    I wanna say that back in the 80's there was a show like that. i can't remember i would have to look it up. i don't think it was a trip i just think it was meeting a perosn that they liked. i can't remember for sure
    Queen for a Day. My grandmother used to watch it. The biggest sob story would win and win the prize of her choice. Onre day a woman asked for gold clubs for her husband. Well, she won that and a bunch of appliances that probably sunk her financially after taxes. Horrificly bad show but successful. Ty and his Makeover top the charts, why not this one? Same obnoxious premis.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3223583;
    Queen for a Day. My grandmother used to watch it. The biggest sob story would win and win the prize of her choice. Onre day a woman asked for gold clubs for her husband. Well, she won that and a bunch of appliances that probably sunk her financially after taxes. Horrificly bad show but successful. Ty and his Makeover top the charts, why not this one? Same obnoxious premis.
    Queen for a Day doesn't sound familar. this had to do with sick kids or teens. i just can't remember what it was called. i will have to do some digging. already found out info about who matty's grandparents were.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, the concept is, um, original??

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Not really. The movies just did it with "The Bucket List."

Another point. I would imagine a lot of last wishes would be to see family members. You would see soldiers being placed on emergency leave so they could visit their parent/grandparent, which would lead to an over the top emotional show. I cried when I found out the son of the upstairs neighbor came home early from his deployment so he could spend time with her. Other than that scenario, any others are pointless.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You'd probably have dying kids who wanted to go to Disneyland, etc. Have some normal life experiences...go to the prom.... Younger folks might not be all about reunions and I could understand that.
    That said, I really think this is a pretty bad idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123