+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie & Marcus "Bromance ?"

Re: Charlie & Marcus "Bromance ?"

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3207223;

And the girl is Jacque....total bore. Jefft Probst said she's a very attractive woman, but she seems a little bland to me. Now her alliance mate Corinne, is a different story
    Jaque is exactly the type of woman that men like Marcus find attractive--a pretty 'nice girl' with nothing to steal attention from him. I'm not sure Charlie will be able to handle it so well if Marcus spends too much time checking out the girls in any case. Ruins the fantasy that Marcus might actually give him the time of day, you know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3207202;
    I'm pretty sure "bromances" (and even the term on boards like this) go WAY back to the original Survivor season, or possibly Big Brother Season 2 at the latest. Or maybe even one of the many "Real World" shows, although that loses the aspect of the link introduced by competitive shows, where common greed sometimes merges with male bonding as a motive.

I'm not sure if Charlie & Marcus meet the requirements of a "bromance", because the motivations of the two parties are SO different from each other.

To me, the classic "bromance" is the buddy/buddy super-quick hetero bonding, with a sneaky aspect of unlikely (but fun to joke about) occasional "uncomfortable moments" to backstop the situation and highlight how weird instant male bonding can occasionally be. If there's any actual "mance" aspect, its subconscious at most,and frequently mutually embarrassing to them.

Compare that to what we're getting with Charlie and Marcus. Marcus does actually like Charlie in some sense, I suspect, and he's secure enough to not freak out at the occasional awkward bent of the association, but he does also seem to realize that Charlie is a tool he must use to help win this game (ick, after typing that I just realized how that sounds...). Whereas from Charlie's end, while he's not stupid enough to think he's going to "turn" Marcus, he's definitely basing a lot of his actions on hormones.

To me, it's not really a "bromance", it's a one-way romance, combined with a tolerant and understanding gameplayer who's nevertheless taking advantage of that.
    Dr Will and Boogie are THE ultimate Bromance. While I LOVE Dr McDreamy and HATE Boogie, together they're pure gold
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Who is John Galt?

As far as this particular "Bromance" goes:

Being politically correct - How Adorable!

Being truthful - "Ick"

In Marcus' extra video, he said he is attracted to Charlie but in a total non-sexual way. At least Marcus is comfortable enough with his sexuality to say that.

FORT Newbie

How cute was that shoulder bite? =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12