+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Susie Smith: Survivor Gabon

Re: Susie Smith: Survivor Gabon

Any self-respecting Magic 8 Ball would have to call that Susie's "outlook does not look good."

It's too bad- I like her! But Gillian was absolutely right- Susie's totally their tribe's next target if they return to TC next episode.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Depends if warfare breaks out in the tribe or not.
    When you are a weak link, the best you can hope for is for tribal power fights so that you can be forgotten for a while.
    We saw it last season... ol' Chet got a long way on the back of it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, it seems to be working for her so far...and smart to model herself on Bob. We even hear someone (Ace?) say that Susie works hard so he'd keep her over a lazy tribe member who's also no help at challenges.

Susie revealed in an interview that there was some strategy involved in telling Corinne that she would vote for her at TC. Susie knew Corinne would go running to Charlie and Marcus right after and that Charlie/Marcus would come to her (her, meaning Susie) later to ask about why she was going to vote for Corinne. Then Susie planned on taking this opportunity to talk to Charlie/Marcus and try to get them to trust her more.

But she still knew she was at the bottom of the Kota 6 and knew that Bob was in the same position that she was in. She tried to do something to advance her game and hopefully make it farther than 6th place. She talked to Bob and told him that Marcus was going to try and take him out so that he wouldn't be in the finals. But Bob was content with Marcus' plans and responded by saying, "Can it get any better? We're in the top 6!"
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-17-2008 at 03:38 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3253277;
    Susie revealed in an interview that there was some strategy involved in telling Corinne that she would vote for her at TC. Susie knew Corinne would go running to Charlie and Marcus right after and that Charlie/Marcus would come to her (her, meaning Susie) later to ask about why she was going to vote for Corinne. Then Susie planned on taking this opportunity to talk to Charlie/Marcus and try to get them to trust her more.

But she still knew she was at the bottom of the Kota 6 and knew that Bob was in the same position that she was in. She tried to do something to advance her game and hopefully make it farther than 6th place. She talked to Bob and told him that Marcus was going to try and take him out so that he wouldn't be in the finals. But Bob was content with Marcus' plans and responded by saying, "Can it get any better? We're in the top 6!"

Yeah, I've heard that numerous times, even in previous cast interviews weeks ago. I'm actually thinking Susie is a more deserving winner. She did try hard to find a scenario which would get her to the top 3. Bob did not.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;3253282;
    Yeah, I've heard that numerous times, even in previous cast interviews weeks ago. I'm actually thinking Susie is a more deserving winner. She did try hard to find a scenario which would get her to the top 3. Bob did not.
    Many people are happy with a Bob win, which is understandable because he was portrayed as a likable older guy.

But as a huge Survivor fan, I tend to look at the person's gameplay to see if they were deserving of a win or not. And because of that, I agree with you, MisterSSS. Although she wasn't a great strategist, Susie was 10x better than Bob. The way I see it, she was more persistent in finding ways to make it to the end, whereas Bob just went along for the ride. If I had to compare these two to the 2 most successful coat-tail riders (Sandra and Amber), I would describe each strategy like the following...

Sandra - "As long as it ain't me!"
    Amber - found one specific person to cling onto in hopes of getting to the final
    Susie - "Get me to the final so I can at least have a chance."
    Bob - won many immunities, but when he was in trouble, he took things as they came and was content if TPTB determined he would be eliminated before the F2/3

The three ladies at least found ways to try and get themselves to the F2/3, while Bob didn't try to further his game much.

Out of the F3 of Sugar, Susie, and Bob, I still think Sugar should have won because although she made decisions out of emotions, she still had complete control of the game. But since the jury was bitter and would never have given Sugar a win, I think Susie should have won over Bob.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 12-17-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12