+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

Randy Bailey

Hometown: Eagle Rock, Missouri

Randy Bailey wants to be personally responsible for crushing the hopes and dreams of all other contestants with delusions of winning SURVIVOR. He considers himself a ruthless bully who enjoys picking on those that were not blessed with his strength or intellect.

Randy describes himself as angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic (yet charming), and admits he's a train wreck.

Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him. The only "person" he has ever loved was his recently deceased black Labrador mix, Johnson, with whom he lived for 13 years.

His biggest pet peeves are cell phones and overly religious people, and he says he doesn't allow either in his home or car.

Bailey's hobbies include scuba diving, marathon running and triathlons, including competing twice in the Hawaiian Ironman. Despite having competed in over 100 triathlons, he claims that he has not been off the couch in years. Instead, he now enjoys his nightly hot tub with a scotch on the rocks. He is also a private pilot, enjoys watching football and occasionally plays golf.

Bailey's primary motivation for being on the show is to be hungry, tired, dirty and smelly. He also says he needs a long vacation where he will not be hassled with the mundane issues of his boring life. He's a SURVIVOR purist and guarantees he will win if the game is not "poisoned" with too many twists.

Bailey is currently single and lives on a lake in rural southwest Missouri. Randy recently moved from Plano, Texas where he lived for 20 years and still claims to be a Texan at heart. He plans on returning there after he wins the million. He has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, but chooses to work as a wedding videographer where he can set his own schedule.

His birth date is March 31, 1959.

Survivor Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

Right when I saw his picture and his age, I thought to myself, "He's going to be the typical middle-aged man that everyone is going to love pre-show." But then I read the first few sentences of his bio. And yeah... I don't think many are going to like him pre-show if they take the time to read his bio.

But I feel bad about the fact that he doesn't have any living family members other than a brother whom he hasn't seen for a while. And I do like how he says too much twists will "poison" the game, which I think is true, though I will admit that there has been some interesting twists here and there.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Leo
    Premium Member

He has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, but chooses to work as a wedding videographer where he can set his own schedule.
    I've heard my share of "displaced engineer" stories, but this takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    Bailey declares he has no living relatives besides an older brother, from whom he hasn't heard from in years. He says he has never met a person who didn't eventually disappoint him. The only "person" he has ever loved was his recently deceased black Labrador mix, Johnson, with whom he lived for 13 years.
    Is this a clue that he doesn't make it as far as family night? I had figured that one of the psychological profilings was that the contestant had to have a weak spot for family or at least a close friend. Or is all of this just bravado?

He describes himself as a "ruthless bully... angry, blunt, mean and sarcastic". Is it any wonder he doesn't have anyone in his life?

After reading that bio, is there any doubt why he's single?

That has to be one of the weirdest bios ever. An angry, mean charmer and an Ironman competing couch potato? At least he holds no delusions about himself.

Bailey's primary motivation for being on the show is to be hungry, tired, dirty and smelly.
    He'd better not be one of the whiners when they're out there hungry, dirty and smelly.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I am going to have to third the "is anyone surprised he is single?"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Please tell me that was a joke
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I feel sorry for him, but I also feel like he's trying too hard to be a villain..watch it crash and burn and he'll just end up looking like a loser. Or he'll be one of those who wins the audience over! We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast