+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Randy Bailey: Survivor Gabon

At least if he wins this is one guy unlikely to be taken in by the sudden surge in his postgame popularity (e.g., with the ladies)!
    I'm actually liking him better than I thought I would also...and at least he isn't totally not helping the tribe as I at first thought he'd do.
    He actually seemed to be doing what Ace SAID he'd do... come up with a good idea, let others run with it and do the hard work, but guarentee everyone would remember whose idea it was...at least in this one instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3191759;
    That bio sounds to me so over-the-top that I don't actually believe it.
    Ding ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

Lucy proves to be psychic. Pre-show it wasn't as clear, but watching the actual show I think it becomes obvious that Biff, er... I mean Randy, must have sent in an audition tape selling himself as a ruthless bully, stupid, and an overall mustache-twirling villain. But when he actually arrived? He either couldn't maintain it up, or changed his mind.

Yeah, he makes some weak statements in interviews complaining about Gillian (who wouldn't?) and minorly reinforcing the idea that he's antisocial. But what do we actually SEE from him?

--On a piece of videotape which would never impact gameplay, because Gillian would never see it until she got home, he apologizes to her for voting for her.

--He holds back his feelings in front of other players almost completely. No true out of control bully of the type he portrayed himself in his bio could do that--especially with some of the numb nuts who get into this game.

--It didn't take a genius, or was REALLY a huge sacrifice, to turn his glasses into fishing gear, but it certainly wasn't stupid or insensitive either. It shows he's decided to play a social game, and if he's actually got a ruthless bully and "destroyer of dreams" inside him, again, he's controlled enough to totally subvert it for the sake of winning the game. Or... it was all a lie to get cast on the show.

That said, he's still ugly as heck.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I actually like Randy, to my surprise. He seems to be in decent shape, is innovative, and apparently has sense enough to do his venting to the camera, not to a tribemate. I see him going far if he continues in this mode.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm also beginning to like Randy--probably the kiss of death. Apparently he doesn't do much around camp though...not good...but luckily he's had some good challenge performances.

FORT Fan

Glad he's adapting. He's showing a lot of common sense, and for all his negativity, he's defintely right with all of his comments. I hope he lasts a lot longer, and pulls off a win

Strangely, I like him a lot more than I thought I would. Mainly because he's actually playing a good game for himself. Now I'm not rooting for him, but at least the man has made some smart moves thusfar.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3223442;
    Strangely, I like him a lot more than I thought I would. Mainly because he's actually playing a good game for himself. Now I'm not rooting for him, but at least the man has made some smart moves thusfar.
    I agree. Anyone who plays the game is noteworthy to me. Not saying I am a fan but so far I like what he is doing.

Good player but a lousy human being.
    As he is the villian of this season.
    Along with Jonny Fairplay, Boston Rob, Richard Hatch, etc.
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Randy amuses me. I think if it had been the first season of survivor I wouldn't have like him at all. After so many seasons of vapid players, anyone that stands out (good or bad) makes for better TV. Did anyone notice if Randy got any mail?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3226677;
    Randy amuses me. I think if it had been the first season of survivor I wouldn't have like him at all. After so many seasons of vapid players, anyone that stands out (good or bad) makes for better TV. Did anyone notice if Randy got any mail?
    Elsewhere on this thread (maybe on the show comments) this question was also asked, and answered that although we didn't see him open it there appeared to be a letter for him as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast