+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

FORT Fogey

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3224192;
    Wow, you have body image issues if you think that this woman is fat and out of shape.

As others have said, she did the 400M which doesn't call for much endurance, which isn't an excuse for her below par performance in many challenges, but it doesn't merit the "Why is she so bad at this she's an olympian" hooplah.

I actually don't really enjoy Crystal very much. She seems abrasive and paranoid.
    Relative to an Olympic athelete and the condition she was in when she won is what I am talking about. It doesnt take long to get out of shape. I regret saying she was fat. I should have said, she is much heavier than she was when she was in shape.

As for my body image, I wish I could lose this damn 20 pounds that I have been battling with for the last 5 years! I am fat too!!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3223212;
    Well I find myself rooting for her quite a bit. Not because she is a fave of mine, but because she is getting a horrible rap from so many fans. She is an olympic athlete, not a superwoman. She can't carry a disorganized team alone, nor are olympic athletes asked to perform on little to no food and probably less than restful sleep ( I know I would not be sleeping like a baby with animals so nearby). She does okay. Did rather well in a few challenges. Outlasted some of the men in her tribe on more than one occassion in a challenge. She looked through Sugar's bag for that idol (and the others were just as guilty playing lookout). She figured out that Matty is going in with Ace. She also figured out that Kelly would have been a good person to flip to their side,and it may have worked, if Kelly weren't such a nimrod. She and Kenny make a pretty good team. She's outspoken, so what, so is Ace, and yet he's loved by plenty here. She's not stupid. She's aware of what's going on around her. She lacks a bit of the social aspect of the game, but perhaps so would many people if they were constantly on the chopping block with no alliances. Cut her some slack. I know it's easy for me to sit on my couch snacking on whatever is available and think about how rational I'd be in a situation. Remove the food, the electricity, and other comforts and add in the fact that my tribe can't win a thing and I may not want to know me either.
    I also completely agree with this. She's definitely been an above average player, and she'd probably be a lot better with some food and sleep.

I disagree, I think she's a really weak player. In most of the challenges I see her give up so easily and I don't think she ever put's 100% into a task and then when they lose she makes excuses.

If she was really fed up losing she'd pull her finger out and do something about it other than whinge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3224553;
    I also completely agree with this. She's definitely been an above average player, and she'd probably be a lot better with some food and sleep.
    Michelle, Gillian, GC and Kelly all could of done better too if they had food and sleep--its Survivor.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3225290;
    Michelle, Gillian, GC and Kelly all could of done better too if they had food and sleep--its Survivor.
    Of course they all could do better with food, but I think Crystal is getting the alot of the blame because she looks so big and strong and a prior athlete..... Which make some people look at her more so than people who aren't as big as she is....

The expectations for Crystal were just too high. Right when you say that you're an Olympic athlete, people are immediately going to think that you're strong, athletic, and capable of doing well in any physical task. It's understandable.

Well Crystal's glory days were 4 years ago. She openly admitted to not being where she once was before. She has lost some of her muscle mass and has gained some weight in the process. And also, during her Olympic days, she only excelled in running in a relay. She's not going to be some person who does well in every single sport or game that she participates in.

I'm a fan of Crystal's, and I believe that she's done average at best during the challenges. The one challenge she totally succeeded in was the first reward challenge, the one with the poles. She practically brought her whole team to victory. She also did well during the last immunity challenge. She and Ace made up a lot of time after Sugar & Kelly went. And yes, there were challenges that she totally sucked in, like that one with the rafts and the two goals. But I still think she has done pretty well altogether.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Well, I actually want her to stick around. Any of the cast with an entertaining character I want on, and Crystal's one of them.

I have to give her a credit for being the center of drama almost every single week. She is FEROCIOUS!

FORT Fogey

Crystal is in the center of the drama because she helps create it with her sour attitude. I am not impressed with her. She refused rice because she spilled some. Okay, noble but not necessary, accidents happen. They told her there was no need to do that, several times. She insisted. Okay. At TC she says they should have saved her some anyway and was furious. No, Crystal, that does not illustrate good communication skills or self care. That is playing games and pouting like a child. She is always in some state of displeasure. The only time I have seen her smile is when it was clear Ace did not have the II and it was only a smirk. The world is not out to get you, girl. Join in and do or say something to help lift the spirits of the people around you. Life will be easier.

She may be the most useless Gold Medal Winner ever. She seems to be gangly & pretty unathletis. Of, course Survivor competitions are entirely different from running around a flat track. But, still, you would think she would shine at something, besides napping.

+ Reply to Thread