+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

I'd kill to have her really long legs!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well I find myself rooting for her quite a bit. Not because she is a fave of mine, but because she is getting a horrible rap from so many fans. She is an olympic athlete, not a superwoman. She can't carry a disorganized team alone, nor are olympic athletes asked to perform on little to no food and probably less than restful sleep ( I know I would not be sleeping like a baby with animals so nearby). She does okay. Did rather well in a few challenges. Outlasted some of the men in her tribe on more than one occassion in a challenge. She looked through Sugar's bag for that idol (and the others were just as guilty playing lookout). She figured out that Matty is going in with Ace. She also figured out that Kelly would have been a good person to flip to their side,and it may have worked, if Kelly weren't such a nimrod. She and Kenny make a pretty good team. She's outspoken, so what, so is Ace, and yet he's loved by plenty here. She's not stupid. She's aware of what's going on around her. She lacks a bit of the social aspect of the game, but perhaps so would many people if they were constantly on the chopping block with no alliances. Cut her some slack. I know it's easy for me to sit on my couch snacking on whatever is available and think about how rational I'd be in a situation. Remove the food, the electricity, and other comforts and add in the fact that my tribe can't win a thing and I may not want to know me either.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-25-2008 at 04:37 PM.

JR.

Did rather well in a few challenges.
    She did? The only time she's done anything is when she pulled 30 pound Paloma off the pole. Other than that, the only thing she's been good at is making excuses.

She's been a huge disappointment for me, I was expecting more from her.

I certainly can see where you're coming from.It is rather hard to see when they never come out on the winning end, but she and Ace did make up that huge gap, and if she were dead weight Ace would not have been able to do that alone. She's a big girl, no way he would have been able to drag her along and make up time. Also, as someone else has stated, she was doing her part moving the snake along until too many of her teammates dropped out. She hasn't been horrible. She's been horrible if you're looking for olympic quality performances, but overall, she's been average at least. I'd just like to see a true team performance from Fang, where even if there is a weak link they work together to overcome it and do not shoot themselves in the foot just to find a way to lose in the end.

FORT Fogey

Okay she was an Olympic athetlic at some point in her past, so frickin what? She is not anymore, far from it. She is fat, not in shape, has a lousy attitude and is an irritant. She is just another player and not a good one.

I'm sure there are plenty of women who wish they were as "fat" as she is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3223571;
    I'm sure there are plenty of women who wish they were as "fat" as she is.

Oh I am sure there are, but that does not make her any more able to win challenges or less out of shape. I don't see the revelence.

I was just commenting on one of your comments about Crystal. Just didn't get it. I don't see the relevance, either, but I'm trying to understand.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-27-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3223212;
    Well I find myself rooting for her quite a bit. Not because she is a fave of mine, but because she is getting a horrible rap from so many fans. She is an olympic athlete, not a superwoman. She can't carry a disorganized team alone, nor are olympic athletes asked to perform on little to no food and probably less than restful sleep ( I know I would not be sleeping like a baby with animals so nearby). She does okay. Did rather well in a few challenges. Outlasted some of the men in her tribe on more than one occassion in a challenge. She looked through Sugar's bag for that idol (and the others were just as guilty playing lookout). She figured out that Matty is going in with Ace. She also figured out that Kelly would have been a good person to flip to their side,and it may have worked, if Kelly weren't such a nimrod. She and Kenny make a pretty good team. She's outspoken, so what, so is Ace, and yet he's loved by plenty here. She's not stupid. She's aware of what's going on around her. She lacks a bit of the social aspect of the game, but perhaps so would many people if they were constantly on the chopping block with no alliances. Cut her some slack. I know it's easy for me to sit on my couch snacking on whatever is available and think about how rational I'd be in a situation. Remove the food, the electricity, and other comforts and add in the fact that my tribe can't win a thing and I may not want to know me either.
    Oh I agree 100%, it's not like any of them on Fang are superstars.....

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3223557;
    Okay she was an Olympic athetlic at some point in her past, so frickin what? She is not anymore, far from it. She is fat, not in shape, has a lousy attitude and is an irritant. She is just another player and not a good one.
    Wow, you have body image issues if you think that this woman is fat and out of shape.

As others have said, she did the 400M which doesn't call for much endurance, which isn't an excuse for her below par performance in many challenges, but it doesn't merit the "Why is she so bad at this she's an olympian" hooplah.

I actually don't really enjoy Crystal very much. She seems abrasive and paranoid.

+ Reply to Thread