+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

No, that is not what I said. What I was saying was that to imply she should be able to perform out there better than she did just because she was an Olympic athlete is unfair, because of the way athletes train, etc. The comments people were making was 'well, she's an Olympic athlete, so she should be doing better'. I am saying she shouldn't be performing any differently because she was an olympic athlete, because the real word is much different than an elite athlete's training world. Yes, she sucked at challenges, but she shouldn't be singled out to be doing better just because she was an elite athlete. She performed about the same as any other girl out there.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3270106;
    No, that is not what I said. What I was saying was that to imply she should be able to perform out there better than she did just because she was an Olympic athlete is unfair, because of the way athletes train, etc. The comments people were making was 'well, she's an Olympic athlete, so she should be doing better'. I am saying she shouldn't be performing any differently because she was an olympic athlete, because the real word is much different than an elite athlete's training world. Yes, she sucked at challenges, but she shouldn't be singled out to be doing better just because she was an elite athlete. She performed about the same as any other girl out there.
    I could maybe agree with you except I doubt she was always an olympian. I ran track in high school. One of the schools in the city where I was still had a cinder track and my school sure didn't pass out special track shoes. They didn't even do that for the guys but most especially not for the girls. I ran on less than good conditions then. I'm sure she has had times when she didn't always have the greatest shoes, etc. She may be a former olympian now but it's hard to imagine she didn't have some adversity before this.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

true, she wasn't always an Olympian, but the point I am making is that people are basing their opinion of her physical ability on the fact that she was an Olympian instead of being a mere mortal like the rest of us. All I am saying is that if you are going to judge her on olympic performance standards, make sure the playing fields are level.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Makes sense to me, what you are saying, iguana.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3264026;
    Ponderosa scenes are at cbs.com

Link to Ponderosa
    Thank you!! I'll be checking all these out this weekend.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

U.S. gold medal relay member in 2004 admits to doping- SI.com

A member of the 1,600-meter gold-medal relay team at the Athens Olympics has accepted a four-year suspension and disqualification of her results for doping.

Crystal Cox, who ran in the preliminaries for the American team led by Sanya Richards, admitted to using anabolic steroids and agreed to the penalty Friday, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said.

She almost certainly will have her gold medal stripped.

Cox, who appeared on the TV show "Survivor: Gabon," is suspended through January 2014
    Last edited by pawpaw; 01-31-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wonder if some people think this goes under the category of "any publicity is good publicity"? Haven't heard anything about her since her Survivor appearance, and this definitely gets her name back out there. Tis' a shame. Wonder how they got onto this story?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LMAO. So that's what she sucked at the challenges. Always disliked her, glad to see her get caught.

+ Reply to Thread