+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

FORT Fogey

Re: Crystal Cox: Survivor Gabon

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3250354;
    Crystal has really shown herself to be a good loser. I thought her comments at Ponderosa were thoughtful and gracious. She and Charlie seem to be the only two people there capable of seeing things from another person's point of view. The way she's handled this loss, particularly her defense of the people left in the game to Randy, has really made me like her a lot.
    I thought she pretty much stunk up the show with all her nastiness but she redeemed herself during her confessional after she got the boot, her exit interview posted here on FORT, and then again last night on the finale.

Too bad she was such a wreck during her time on the show.

Crystal made Survivor for me this season...........

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3252143;
    I thought she pretty much stunk up the show with all her nastiness but she redeemed herself during her confessional after she got the boot, her exit interview posted here on FORT, and then again last night on the finale.
    Oh this is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3252149;
    Crystal made Survivor for me this season...........

Agreed! Once Crystal had been voted out, I barely watched the finale

The only part I really wanted to see was the questions from the jury.

Crystal, we're gonna miss you! If you're reading - it would have been a second rate season without you!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3250345;
    Crystal will remain one of my absolute favorites in the history of Survivor. I know she's kinda unpopular here at FoRT, but I loved her. Even though there's only one episode remaining, I'm definitely going to miss this girl in the game.
    You're notorious for picking the unpopular as your favorite CG And that's why we love you . I actually had a love/hate thing going with this girl. I think I might like her IRL but not in the game. Just too whiny. Or maybe that's just her edit, like she said.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3255643;
    You're notorious for picking the unpopular as your favorite CG And that's why we love you . I actually had a love/hate thing going with this girl. I think I might like her IRL but not in the game. Just too whiny. Or maybe that's just her edit, like she said.
    How did I miss this post until now? Thank you for the compliments, stacerace.

With Crystal, I think you get a character that has all sorts of traits mixed into one. You get sassiness which is often hilarious (her vote for Randy was priceless ). She was an underdog in the first half of the season, and I, for one, can't help but root for the underdog most of the time. Then she showed how classy she was when she was voted off. She was humble and accepting of the result. She was also much more mature, especially when you see how she was treated at Ponderosa.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Where are yall getting the "behind the scenes at the Ponderosa" information? I think that once the competition is over for you, treating anyone else as less than human is awful and is indicative of one's character.

Can someone please list what happened for those of us who don't know??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3264004;
    Where are yall getting the "behind the scenes at the Ponderosa" information? I think that once the competition is over for you, treating anyone else as less than human is awful and is indicative of one's character.

Can someone please list what happened for those of us who don't know??
    Ponderosa scenes are at cbs.com

Link to Ponderosa
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I liked Crystal, myself. I know a lot was made of her being an Olympic athlete and her lack of performance in challenges - but I think that was unfair to her. Elite athletes are used to performng superhuman feats, yes, but they are also used to much better conditions than what she had at the camp (ok, I know this does not explain the first up the hill challenge). She is used to proper amounts of sleep and fine tuned nutrition to power those muscles around the track. Not to mention those tracks are high tech pieces of equipment themselves. They are most assuredly not dirt paths going up a hillside.

Yes, she was outspoken and emotional, but those things only endeared her more to me. I liked seeing a real person on a reality show.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3264322;
    I liked Crystal, myself. I know a lot was made of her being an Olympic athlete and her lack of performance in challenges - but I think that was unfair to her. Elite athletes are used to performng superhuman feats, yes, but they are also used to much better conditions than what she had at the camp (ok, I know this does not explain the first up the hill challenge). She is used to proper amounts of sleep and fine tuned nutrition to power those muscles around the track. Not to mention those tracks are high tech pieces of equipment themselves. They are most assuredly not dirt paths going up a hillside.

Yes, she was outspoken and emotional, but those things only endeared her more to me. I liked seeing a real person on a reality show.
    This doesn't make sense??? What you are saying that the worse condition you are in, the better you do and if you are a world class athlete you can be excused because you are in too good of shape and the nutrition is bad. How about the nutrition for all the other contestants?

+ Reply to Thread