+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob's strategy

Rob's strategy

Rob’s game-plan reminds me of strategies used by Danielle (Big Brother) and Brian (Survivor Thailand).

Danielle had a strategy to get to F2, but had not thought about how to win the jury vote.
    Brian also had a similar strategy to get to F2, but then went further by taking the most unpopular player, Clay, with him, thereby ensuring a win.
    Rob also uses the same strategy aimed at getting him to F2. Since there is no convenient “Clay” around, Rob seems to be manufacturing one by making Matt more of an “outsider” than he would otherwise have been. Many of the notions that Matt is creepy seem to originate from Rob.

Danielle was done in because she was a braggart and unable to stop herself from gloating in the confessionals. I think (hope?) Rob’s personality will also be his downfall. Even if he gets to F2 – and I don’t think he will – he couldn’t win the jury vote no matter who is standing beside him.

I actually think most of the players like him... I know, it's weird.

I don't hink he will get as far as he thinks he will get though. I see him as thinking he is the ONLY one playing the game, when I actually think there are a couple people playing hard. That underestimating, will, in my opinion be his downfall. He will realize it, but I think it will be too late.

It would be funny if he does want Matt in the final two with him, and somehow manages to get him through a few votes, then gets voted off himself.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'd love to see Rob's face when he gets voted off, while Matt stays on!

it would be a classic Survivor Moment. I hope we get to see it

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I don't think you will have to wait too much longer. With Deena gone now (Rob turning on his allience to the end), I think the ones left are begining to see Rob for what he really is. As I said in a previous post, Christy is very aware of Rob's playing everyone , so he should make very sure that he keeps her happy. The previews for episode 10 don't look like he is..... She could very well change the whole game if she works it right.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

The problem i see with that, is if we are to believe Deena and Rob, no one knew they had an alliance, so they wouldn't know that Rob turned on it. Unless Deena told Christy about it because she had another secret alliance with her

Leo
    Premium Member
    True, cali, but would Christy actually use that info? We've seen very little proof Christy has any real strategy.

I have no idea, and even if she did, who would she tell?

I agree Cali.

Not to put down Christy, but she isn't necessary to Rob's strategy unless he decides to turn against his group of four immediately.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by cali
    The problem i see with that, is if we are to believe Deena and Rob, no one knew they had an alliance, so they wouldn't know that Rob turned on it. Unless Deena told Christy about it because she had another secret alliance with her
    Exactly, Cali. Nobody knows he betrayed Deena except for her.

Rob's downfall will either come about through underestimating the other players in the game OR by overplaying his hand in exactly the way that Deena did. He seems too paranoid to not make a critical mistake somewhere along the way.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast