+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Matt Really That Dumb?

fanmtl

I'd like to see Matt win, too. He has been edited to come across as a truly nice guy. We haven't seen him do one mean or under-handed thing, yet.

Unfortunately, I think he's too trusting and naive. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the next boot.

Jeff's comments about Rob and Rob having a good grasp on the game make me wonder if he doesn't go far.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Jeff's comments about Rob and Rob having a good grasp on the game make me wonder if he doesn't go far.
    If Rob's grasp on the game is so good, then surely he must realize that unless he wins immunity, he will be the first one voted out of the fab four. A true survivoraholic would know that his/her chances were better in an alliance with Matt, Butch and Christy. So far, I haven't seen anything that would indicate Rob's superior knowledge about the game. Heck Butch doesn't seem to have a strategy and he is still there and so is "clueless" Matthew. I can't wait to see how far Rob gets.

... which is why I think Rob will make a power move in the next episode.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

"Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Newbie
    I think Matt is playing us as well as the other survivors. He is uniquely qualified for Survior Amazon.

Check out this article he wrote:

http://www.s-t.com/daily/01-99/01-17-99/e01li158.htm

The piece is titled: On the trail of cannibals: 35 days in the jungles of Irian Jaya
    By Matthew Von Ertfelda, Standard-Times correspondent

Here are some interesting passages:

“I spend my first night in the village of Ayanop where I am treated to ular sago or scarab beetle larvae. In the past, following successful headhunting raids, the grubs were mixed with human brains in a dish which, according to my porter Agus, is more palatable than it sounds.”

Puts that grub-eating challenge in a whole new light, huh?

“Later that evening, a withered old man arrives wearing only a headband of white Job's tear seeds and a little lime-colored leaf tied over his penis. I'm told he is from the village of Haul -- a Korowai Batu, a cannibal.”

So, the other survivors will probably be safe as long as Matt doesn't start sporting the characteristic lime-colored leaf!

“In a clearing surrounded by a labyrinth of felled trees stands the village of Haul The eaves of the roof are constructed of rows of tightly folded sago palm fronds and ornamented with turtle shells, pig, bird and snake bones. But no human skulls ... I am disappointed.”

He's still a little weird!

“To lighten the mood, I hastily unveil some photographs from home. The porters gasp at the picture of my mother riding a horse -- they have never seen an animal so large. They ask me if it is good to eat. I hope they're talking about the horse.”

Ha! Who knew? A sense of humor, too!

“About the author: A world adventurer with SouthCoast roots So how did a fellow from South Dartmouth find himself trekking through the jungles of New Guinea in search of cannibals, you ask? Matthew Von Ertfelda, 29, says he ‘was always keen on taking the path less traveled.’”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234