+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden *Spoilers and Speculation*

Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden *Spoilers and Speculation*

Well it's Survivor 17 already and I thought it'd be time to start up this new thread. I probably won't be visiting though because I want to remain spoiler free for this season.

Everything known so far.

-Filmed in HD
    -Jeff has said this is probably the most remote location they've ever been to
    -18 castaways
    -Filming in June and airing in September

I for one am THRILLED with this location. I'm sick of the little islands.

Re: Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden *Spoilers and Speculation*

Gabon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gabon (pronounced /gəˈbɒn/) is a country in west central Africa sharing borders with Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Republic of the Congo and the Gulf of Guinea. The capital and largest city is Libreville. Since its independence from France on August 17, 1960, the Republic has been ruled by only two autocratic presidents. In the early 1990s, Gabon introduced a multi party system and a new democratic constitution that allowed for a more transparent electoral process and reformed many governmental institutions. A small population (less than two million), abundant natural resources, and foreign private investment have helped make Gabon one of the most prosperous countries in the region, with the highest HDI in Sub-Saharan Africa.
    The population of Gabon is nearly 1.5 million (1,454,867 [4]). Almost all Gabonese are of Bantu origin, though Gabon has at least forty ethnic groups with separate languages and cultures.
    Historical and environmental factors caused Gabon's population to decline between 1900 and 1940. It is one of the least-densely inhabited countries in Africa, and a labor shortage is a major obstacle to development and a draw for foreign workers.
    Gabon is located on the Atlantic coast of central Africa. Located on the equator, Gabon has an equatorial climate with an extensive system of rainforests covering 85% of the country. There are three distinct regions: the coastal plains (ranging between 20 to 300 km from the ocean's shore), the mountains (the Cristal Mountains to the northeast of Libreville, the Chaillu Massif in the centre, culminating at 1575 m with Mont Iboundji), and the savanna in the east. Gabon's largest river is the Ogooué which is 1200 km long. Gabon is also noted for efforts to preserve the natural environment. In 2002, President Omar Bongo Ondimba put Gabon firmly on the map as an important future ecotourism destination by nominating more than 11% of the nation's territory as National Park (13 in total), which may be the largest area of nature parks in the world. Natural resources include: petroleum, magnesium, iron, gold, uranium, and forests.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by xDC3x;2990613;
    Well it's Survivor 17 already and I thought it'd be time to start up this new thread. I probably won't be visiting though because I want to remain spoiler free for this season.

Everything known so far.

-Filmed in HD
    -Jeff has said this is probably the most remote location they've ever been to
    -18 castaways
    -Filming in June and airing in September

I for one am THRILLED with this location. I'm sick of the little islands.
    You have more will power than me I've tried staying spoiler free but I think AS was the first season where I read spoilers from start to finish, and I've never stopped. I actually get disappointed when some seasons are skimpy on spoilers. I don't remember there being a lot for Guatemala or Exile Island. And of course, they can be wrong. I'm also thrilled they're leaving the islands and going somewhere more land locked. I also hope we get some new challenges instead of recycled ones.

A little bit too early to start a spoiler thread for a season to start in Sept, don't ya think?

Oh whatever, it's nothing big anyway.

This is the time where I actually like to look at spoilers since it's not any harm. I stay away from the boot list spoilers, which I did all throughout Micronesia (and yes, I am pretty proud of myself ). All the spoilers that comes out first are the contestant spoilers. I'll try to post pictures/info of the spoiled contestants in this thread (just like I did with the China contestants) when they come out in the summer, most likely in July.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Back in Africa, except this time the contestants have water! I'm gonna miss the beautiful islands though, Micronesia was so beautiful.

I hope they do three tribes this season like All-Stars.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2990899;
    A little bit too early to start a spoiler thread for a season to start in Sept, don't ya think?

Oh whatever, it's nothing big anyway.

This is the time where I actually like to look at spoilers since it's not any harm. I stay away from the boot list spoilers, which I did all throughout Micronesia (and yes, I am pretty proud of myself ). All the spoilers that comes out first are the contestant spoilers. I'll try to post pictures/info of the spoiled contestants in this thread (just like I did with the China contestants) when they come out in the summer, most likely in July.
    I thought they filmed China in August?

I can't wait till september.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Bristow;3004501;
    I thought they filmed China in August?

I can't wait till september.
    Nope. I checked the spoiler thread for China, and it mentions (actually, I was the one who posted it ) that China started filming on June 25 and ended on August 2. So I would think Gabon would follow suit.

And here's the logo for the upcoming season, if anyone is curious:

Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Ah. I remember reading somewhere that Amanda only had a 3 week break between the filming of China and Micronesia. Micronesia started filming in October, 2007 if I recall. Who knows, maybe they had to do pre-production filming like the promotional scenes on the beach and interviews?

I am just confused on the timeline. No worries.

I am so excited about this one! I was just reading about Gabon a week or so before the Micronesia Finale. I was really interested in the surfing Hippos. I hope they show them!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast