+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 8 Recap -"Johnson, You Have a Problem".

Jumpin' on the Clay Train Bdawg's Avatar
    Another great job, Fluff. I can't believe you did that from memory.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Good job Fluff!

I don't know why this made me , but it did (among many many others! ) I guess because reading it I just revisualized that moment.

Jiff tried his best to introduce some drama into the “tally”.

Jiff Dave, Matt. One vote Dave, one vote Matt.

Nice try Jiff.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I loved this recap!

It certainly doesn’t rival the “we’re eating rats” of Pulua Tiga or the “shit, I just fell into the fire” of the Outback.

She goes with two because, well it’s obviously two, no one would raise one finger, unless it was in direct response to an amorous advance by Rob. He should have made them choose between two and three fingers. There’s mystique in that choice. It could be two, it could be three. It’s never, ever going to be one.

Here you go guys, welcome to your reward. Melty ice cream then trough bath or trough bath then melty ice cream, the choice is yours
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Very funny, I would quote but I would end up having most of the recap in my reply.

Loved it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Outstanding job, as always, Fluff! Can't believe you did the whole thing from memory. You really can't tell. As usual, I loved all your perfect references to previous Survivor series. You're the Survivor Encyclopedia, and I just love it!

My favorite quotes (edited down from a list of maybe 15 or so! Now that I'm done posting, I see I didn't really edit that list very much. ):

You’ll be ok, virgins get straight into heaven, no questions asked.
    ----
    pierced only by MB’s favourite “the sun as a six pointed star” image, that confirms Ethan will win S6 (a totally unexpected Tapewatcher reference - I love it! )
    ----
    We’re suddenly transported to the reward challenge. And I’ve lost all track of the days. ()
    ----
    they are clearly going to win this unless one of them purposely tries to lose
    ----
    while there is resistance on the bungee cord there really isn’t enough to whip the Survivor’s back to the stake they’re tethered to. What kind of fun is that? ( Probably my favorite part of the whole recap! )
    ----
    no one would raise one finger, unless it was in direct response to an amorous advance by Rob (This whole discussion was hysterical, BTW, including...)
    -----
    There’s mystique in that choice (I absolutely love this!)
    ----
    since when has “I’m f----d been a proverb? ()
    ----
    He salaciously forms manioc balls with his hands ()
    ----
    Rob decides that now is as good a time as any to have his daily talk down to Matthew
    ----
    “Honorary John Carroll Chopathon” (Yes! )
    ----
    “you so totally cannot eat monkeys…can you?” (This would be very funny even without the "can you?" but that part is priceless and makes me laugh every time I read it!)
    ----
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually had to finish the challenge the following day
    I also noticed that you and I came up with the same assessment of Rob's opinion of himself in our respective articles this week. Nice to get a confirm like that!

Just absolutely excellent, as always. Thanks, Fluff!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    Yes Rob, why not cut down all the trees? Who needs them anyway? It’s not like trees help us breathe or anything. Ronald Frickin’ McDonald.
    I'm sure Rob doesn't care about anything but the fact that he can't score with any of the girls!

Dave wasn’t at Jaburu with you and you couldn’t “score” there either, even with Shawna who proved so user-friendly she makes “Word” look unfathomable.
    Best line in this whole thing! Couldn't be more true! She still wouldn't even look at him! He needs to shut the hell up!

You’ll be ok, virgins get straight into heaven, no questions asked.
    LMAO!

Dave tells us he’s never used a loofah in his life. I think there are lots of things Dave’s never done in his life. Honesty, integrity and what not probably prevent him from doing some things. He’s clearly fiddling with Dave Jr. below the water so that must be permissible.
    Oh HELL! That was pretty funny, but how can you know for sure about that last line? LOL!

Rob leers at them as we would expect. He says he doesn’t think they’d pay him any attention in the “real world”.
    They’re not paying you a whole lot of attention now Rob.
    Who needs Rob when you can have Dave? Oooo tough choice! j/p!

Rob, Dave’s a rocket scientist, he’s duty bound to show interest in anything that defies gravity.
    Good one!

Dave is trying to save his skin and put Matt on the block, but to no avail. Christy would vote for Matt, due to his creepiness no doubt, but she’s lost the ability to think for herself and must…obey…Deena.
    Maybe that's why she didn't try to ally herself with Dave...

All I have to say is, how the hell did you do this from memory a week later? Really really impressive! Don't even say you had a Senior moment! I couldn't have done it this well and I'm much younger than you!

This was hilarious! I think it was your best effort actually!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12