+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh, no! Rehash episode on 4/17!

Originally posted by MollyRose
    You know the more I think about Jeanne's little dinner party of bugs and mold, the more I am surprised that the producers would let her get away with that. The bugs were no big deal, but if I'm not mistaken you can get some pretty serious food poisoning from some kinds of mold. That could have been dangerous.
    What Jeanne did was nasty, not life threatening!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, but I've seen those shows where they find someone has urinated or spit on someone's food using a hidden camera. I think those people were prosecuted. Not saying that Jeanne should be, but I wonder if legally she could be?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

My feeling is that unless the the producers knew what kind of mold it was, how would they know it wasn't life threatening?

Jeane said she wanted to see the others getting sick. She WANTED to.

Could you imagine how (almost) funny it would have been if they had all gotten really sick? Short run for Survivor 6

It was mean, and I don't think the producers should have let them eat it.

When Shannon cleaned the toilet bowl with Hardees Toothbrush, they didn't let him use it. Dogs drink that water all the time and don't die. I feel confidant that Hardee wouldn't have gotten sick, it's just the principal of the thing.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I can't see them prosecuting her, although I obviously don't know if they would have grounds too legally.
    Cooking it might have killed off anything potentially damaging from the mold.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    Yeah, but I've seen those shows where they find someone has urinated or spit on someone's food using a hidden camera. I think those people were prosecuted. Not saying that Jeanne should be, but I wonder if legally she could be?
    There's probably a provision somewhere in the lengthy Survivor contestant's contract that pretty much makes them waive all of their rights to sue.

You would think they'd have made fully sure after the Stacey Stillman brouhaha.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't know who Stacy Stillman is...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The cranky lawyer from S1 who was voted off third or so. She claimed Burnett persuaded Dirk and Sean to vote against her instead of against Rudy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hey, she was going to win! Just ask her!

She was going to be the Clay Aiken of S1
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fan
    It was mean, and I don't think the producers should have let them eat it.
    I remember hearing an interview with Mark Burnett following the incident in Australia where Mike fell into the fire. He was asked what he would have done had the cameraman ran over to help Mike. Mark Burnett replied that he would have fired the cameraman.

Sounds like an odd way to repay someone for helping their fellow man out of a potentially life-threatening situation. And yet, following all the flack Survivor has taken for not being reality-based television (i.e. producers persuading people to vote in certain ways, using stand-ins for helicopter shots of a challenge instead of the actual players themselves etc.), one can readily see why MB is so adamant that things play out without the intervention of others. If, for example, producers had told everyone the state of the manioc (and various other included fuzzy/squirmy bits) used in the making of lunch, it would have all but guaranteed Jeanne's exit from the game the next time they went to TC. Then Jeanne could have very easily (and successfully, no doubt) sued the show for facilitating her exit from the show and depriving her of the opportunity to win the million.

I certainly do not agree with what Jeanne did. It was, in a word, childish. However, I do agree with the show's producers for not saying anything about it.

Which raises another question. What if Jeanne had intentionally and knowingly included, say, a poisonous plant or some such thing as part of her manioc ball recipe? My guess is that she would be immediately evacuated/terminated from the game. And what if this were to happen at a point where she would be on the jury? Would she still be allowed to stay on the jury, or would she be out of the game altogether? And if she couldn't be on the jury, how could you avoid a tie with only six jurors???? :

Okay...so I'm going WAY off on a tangent here! Sorry! But if anyone knows exactly what the rules are vis-a-vis getting kicked off of the show (without being voted off) or jury duty and the failure to complete thereof, I'd be interested to know what they are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast