+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oh, no! Rehash episode on 4/17!

Rob better not win, and the only time he said he has slept with a woman is a fat one. He said that the night after the merge when they were all talking around the fire.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Originally posted by TheGreenHornet
    Man I didn't realize it was recap time. I tuned in and to my disapointment found out. I don't know why they bother. I guess to get that extra week of sponsorship money.
    That's part of it. The other part is to ensure that the finale lands properly in the Sweeps time frame. Networks always try to stack their top shows in that time period because their ratings during Sweeps dictate how much they can charge for ad revenues. Kind of a stupid little game they play.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

A couple more thoughts...

Heidi clearly stated that her alliance is with Jenna and Alex. No Rob.

Also, remember those glowing eyes that were watching Heidi when she was heading for the "bathroom"? I think that was just Rob.

(Rob, can you say "Peeping Tom"?)

My wife and I talked about Jeanne's actions with the manioc balls. In a way, it wasn't really that bad because we figured they'd eventually wind up eating even the moldy manioc, too. Seemed like they would, anyway, since they'd obviously be hungry enough to do so.

The bad part, of course, was in not telling the rest of them what she was doing.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by TheGreenHornet
    Man I didn't realize it was recap time. I tuned in and to my disapointment found out. I don't know why they bother. I guess to get that extra week of sponsorship money.
    GH, I think they may also do it to rope people in that perhaps didn't start watching at the beginning, trying to hook some new viewers. I missed the first few episodes of the original series and actually found the recap valuable. But now that I'm a constant viewer, I say screw the newbies - I want a new episode!

Good point, Wayner!

One thing that I thought was funny last night was Jeff's comment to Ryan when he was excused: "It's time for you to go, man." I either had forgotten that or didn't notice it the first time. It always amuses me when Jeff tries to buddy up to the people he perceives as especially "cool."

RMD.BBY.TV.CLUB
    That "singles" comment about Heidi by Rob was classic!

Had me on the floor!

Rob the human quote machine comes through again!

Seriously though... love or hate the annoying little weiner... he has already cemented his place as one of the most memorable characters in Survivor history.

M

Originally posted by Wayner
    GH, I think they may also do it to rope people in that perhaps didn't start watching at the beginning, trying to hook some new viewers. I missed the first few episodes of the original series and actually found the recap valuable. But now that I'm a constant viewer, I say screw the newbies - I want a new episode!
    I agree.

I wouldn't oppose a recap episode in addition to the regular weekly show, not instead of though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I like the recap show, but prefer not to lose track of the story of the game. A couple of Rob's lines were too funny. I can't believe they got cut during the original episodes.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast