+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan (Cook Islands) - Micronesia

Re: Jonathan (Cook Islands) - Micronesia

Poor Jonathan, I was so sad when he left last night. He did a complete turn around from his previous time on Survivor. Seemed like all his teammates really liked him alot, turned out he's a good guy. I felt so bad that he was so devastated over leaving. I hope he gets a chance to do another Survivor in the future.

I agree about his turnaround. He wasn't the same guy as his previous season, in my opinion. There were moments of his old self but overall he was a really good competitor on this season. It's definitely too bad he had to leave and I mean his life/health had to come first. It's just such a shame that it had to happen to him. I was actually starting to like him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bye, bye, blue eyes.... we will miss you (plural)!
    Did feel sorry for him as well....

It's amazing how quickly people forget how much of a jerk a contestant has been in the past when he gets injured.

I suppose the show helped out by giving him a good edit the last few weeks too. But I don't think that guy from a previous season just up and disappeared. They just pick and chose moments to air that made him look better--more sympathetic.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I agree, Krom. How he went from tool to hero is amazing. He went home because of an injury and it sucks, but it's not like he never had a chance to play the game before...
    I don't think he'd have had long in the game anyhow.

I remember that he was a jerk but I can't remember any details about what he did. Can someone refresh my memory?

He was not my favorite player, BUT to see his reaction when he realized that he had to leave the game made me feel bad. He REALLY wanted to be there, and for him to be taken out like that was a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2843437;
    It's amazing how quickly people forget how much of a jerk a contestant has been in the past when he gets injured.

I suppose the show helped out by giving him a good edit the last few weeks too. But I don't think that guy from a previous season just up and disappeared. They just pick and chose moments to air that made him look better--more sympathetic.
    Well-

Jonathan is still arrogant, a bit obnoxious and overbearing, and convinced that his strategy/idea/approach is the ONLY logical one even if it's totally wrong, just like Cook Islands.

But in Cook Islands I thought it came across that Jonathan loves and respects the game of Survivor. He was there to soak up the experience- not just living on the island and doing the challenges, but the experience of playing what might be the most difficult strategic game ever. Especially in counterpoint to someone like Chet, Jonathan had his whole heart and soul into the game. And I really respect that above all other qualities a survivor might show.

So, yeah, he's still kind of a jerk. But it's a shame to see him have to exit over a medical issue.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2843437;

People saw Jonathan as a jerk during Cook Island? I thought he was more on the more interesting and likeable people in that season, especially when surrounded by the dumb-dumbs at Raro.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I loved him when he was a so called "jerk" and I loved him this season....I was soooo sad to see him leave!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast