+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chet - Micronesia

Re: Chet - Micronesia

Well. Publicity whore or no, he did handle himself well last night in the face of Kathleen's blundering comments about whether to call him homosexual or gay, and her gushing about never having had a "gay friend" before. Loved the shot of his face later though...it was totally WTF?

So far he's ok. I don't really care about his private life before coming on the show. I'll judge him by the carefully edited story the Survivor people feed me every week, thank you very much!

I can really sense some evilness brewing from Chet, and not because he's a devious player, but because he WANTS to be a devious player and make a name for himself.

I like evil and all, but not when it's done strictly for fame, which is what I suspect.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He believes the fact that he is fit, intelligent, crafty and street/country smart will help him go far on SURVIVOR.

Wonder if he still really believes this based on his lack of endurance during that swimming/diving challenge? Can we say "in denial"?

And, Jeff H, I think I'd be looking to stomp the instep of my "so called significant other" over what happened. You sure can't make somebody do something that they really don't want to do. Maybe you wasted 19 years on somebody who was a jerk?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, it certainly wasn't Chet's physical charms that lured Jeff H's ex away...and after last week I'd have my doubts about Chet's brain power as well... According to Mary's interview he told his team he was a STRONG swimmer... when he can't dive and runs out of steam in the water. Why would you do that, when you know you will be found out, and worse yet, let your team down? Just weird.

A strong swimmer? He belly flopped off the platform, lost sight of the key, and took his sweet time to wander back to the beach because he was so out of breath even though everyone was yelling at him to hurry.

Chet doesn't impress me one bit.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Now, Chris in Vanuatu got off to an awful start, and almost was voted off in the first episode too. And Courtney last season wasn't exactly a physical powerhouse.

The game's not about physical strength. It's a social game.

(Okay, so his social game isn't all that hot right now either....)

Exactly, emjoi. I'll reserve judgment for now-- I can forgive poor swimming skills far more than I can forgive being a bonehead or a jackass, and while he isn't my favorite, Chet has shown neither of those tendencies on the show so far.
    As for being a strong swimmer--there are many people who believe themselves to be strong swimmers based on what they can do in a pool. The distances the Survivors are expected to swim without touching bottom or the side are a different story! I have seen folks who claim to be good swimmers get into a world of hurt in lakes an oceans, just because there are no resting spots.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I cringed for him when I saw his dive. It was so pathetic.

It wasn't even a dive! He jumped into the water & just put his arms/hands out into a "point" when he jumped feet first. It was funny, but in a sad way!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Loved the ribbing Penner was giving Chet in the basketball challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast