+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chet - Micronesia

Re: Chet - Micronesia

I'm sorry to hear that Jeff H. That's a really dirty thing to do to someone that you've been with for so long. That's probably why I choose to be single I for one will NOT be rooting for this guy. He sounds like a real big
    !?@&!

Jeff H, I'm sorry to hear that.
    I can tell by his picture that he is a slimy &^%*@.
    I certainly will be routing for him to be an early boot, and I hope things look up for you!

He must be magical. I almost skimmed past him without even noticing he was there. Boring.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hmmm, makes you wonder what kinds of things he pulled to manage so many Miss PA winners...

I saw him on the preview show on TV Guide Network and he thinks he can read people from far away and will be able to manipulate them. I am going to laugh if he's one of the first to be voted out!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie

this came from the TV Guide Web site... even Jeff Probst thinks he's slime... but Chester seems proud of that!

<< The Snakes

Jonny Fairplay and Chet Welch
    Who could forget Jonny Fairplay's despicable "Dead Grandma" ploy in the Pearl Islands? "That was the greatest moment in Survivor his¬tory, if not all of reality television," boasts the new dad, 33. If anyone could sink lower this season, it just might be Chet Welch, a 48-year-old Miss America beauty pageant coach. "One of our casting directors was like, 'He sabotaged me as a kid!'" Probst says. "Chet goes, 'Yep, that was me, and yep, I did it.'" But does either evil genius have a real shot at the mil? "Chet's gonna last a few episodes at best," Probst predicts. "And Fairplay has no chance of winning." >>

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2773376;
    I saw him on the preview show on TV Guide Network and he thinks he can read people from far away and will be able to manipulate them.
    Just like Jean Robert.

Here is an article on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Website:

Armstrong man says 'Survivor' grueling
    By Francine Garrone
    VALLEY NEWS DISPATCH
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An Armstrong County man will appear on a nationally televised reality show.
    Chet Welch of Bethel was chosen to test his strength as one of 10 ultra-fan tribe castaways in "Survivor: Micronesia -- Fans vs. Faves." The show premieres Feb. 7 on CBS.

"It is the only reality TV show I ever wanted to go on and the only one I will do," Welch said.

Without auditioning for the chance to outwit other castaways, Welch said he never expected to receive a phone interview with Erika Shay, a "Survivor" casting agent.

"Three years ago, I sent a videotape in. And from the video, from the last three years, there were phone interviews and paperwork," Welch said.

The interview tape highlighted different aspects of Welch's life, including the work he does at Omnicare Pharmacy of Pittsburgh, West, in Robinson, and for the Miss Armstrong County and Miss America pageants.

Welch arrived on the Rock Islands of Palau, Micronesia, a week before the start of filming Oct. 29. He returned home after the competition ended Dec. 6.
    Welch was obligated to not reveal who was crowned "Sole Survivor."

He warned viewers, though, of the emotional strains that were put on the castaways.

"I really think that they are going to see it is a very brutal, emotional, physical experience. And, going into it, I thought I was probably very, very, very prepared in every way," Welch said.

"But I was only about 25 percent prepared and everybody felt the same way. There is no way to be prepared to compete in a game like this."

Armstrong man says 'Survivor' grueling - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    So it looks like Chet sent in a video 3 years ago and they finally recruited him for this season?

(Putting on Courtney's "Cynical Hat")
    I've seen the "Chet stole my boyfriend" posts on other forums.
    I wonder if there is some stealth, viral marketing thing going on here? An attempt to get the guy pre-installed as a Villain.

If not, well, I think future contestants should consider doing it. Get some buzz about your appearance stirred up amongst the forums before you appear.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi;2781353;
    (Putting on Courtney's "Cynical Hat")
    I've seen the "Chet stole my boyfriend" posts on other forums.
    I wonder if there is some stealth, viral marketing thing going on here? An attempt to get the guy pre-installed as a Villain.
    That's a clever theory... but I assure you that the "Chet stole my boyfriend" posts are sadly, unfortunately true.

My boyfriend of more than 19 years left me near the end of December to move in with Chet very shortly after Chet got home from filming this season of Survivor. So you can imagine how pizzed off I was when I was told Chet's Survivor profile listed his "significant other"--barely three weeks after my partner had left me.

But now I kinda regret posting the info at all. I was in the "grieving/feeling sorry for myself" stage then and just needed to vent--and also to discredit the snake as much as possible. Seven weeks later, I just don't care that much, and I regret the extra exposure I've given to this publicity whore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast