+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Todd - China

Re: Todd - China

That video was very painful to watch. I don't know how effective therapy can be if you're drunk at the time so it strikes me the episode is more for Dr. Phil's benefit than Todd's. I also hope he is able to turn things around.

I agree, Brooks. I can't stand Dr. Phil so won't be watching the episode. I do hope, though, that after the show is over they will convince him to enter a proper rehap facility where he can get help from qualified people. He is so young, it's tragic to see him throw his life away.
    Florimel likes this.

I've wondered why he hasn't come back to Survivor. This is just heartbreaking news, I really hope he gets the help he needs.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Dr. Phil is shameless. In what world would he have thought it was a good idea to let this guy on national TV in that condition? Holy hell I thought Dr Drew was the only one who didn't mind exploiting his addicted patients for ratings.

I hope Todd gets some good help out of this. Best wishes for a full recovery.
    sweetpea and PWS like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm betting all his winnings have gone into his addictions....
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm betting all his winnings have gone into his addictions....
    Yep he's spent it all. He drinks 90 liters of vodka per month!!

There is no way Todd should have been on that stage or in LA. He should have been in a medically supervised detox center, but no. Dr. $hill wanted to trot the guy out on stage like he was a side show circus freak. Disgusting.

Sandra Diaz-Twine was there too as she had offered her home to Todd to help him out. Classy lady, that one.

From what I read online, Todd was throwing up on stage. His BAL was .263 and a couple of times that he had gone to the hospital his levels were .582. People are usually dead with that high of a reading. He was trying to detox on his own and his mom would bring over small amounts of vodka so he wouldn't go into seizures. Why he didn't go to his doctor and get an rx for valium to help with the withdrawal is puzzling. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal and is more dangerous than withdrawing from hard drugs.

I'm so angry that I won't be watching Phil exploit people for ratings. My TV schedule is getting smaller and smaller. lol

The only good thing coming out of this is that he is in a rehab center that is 90 days or more. Todd didn't want to go as he wanted to be at the Survivor finale on December 15th. If he kept going the way he was, he wouldn't be alive by the finale. His organs must be totally shot, hopefully it is not too late for him to recover.

Well, you're a better woman than I am for watching at all, JunkieGirl. I despise Dr.Phil, and haven't watched anything with him on it for a long time. I hope he's paying for the rehab.

Sandra is an amazing woman, I agree. I have always loved her attitude, and it sounds like she has a kind heart.

I hope Todd gets the help he needs, and somehow comes through this. He is so young. When I was in University I worked as a waitress. Just a few years ago I attended the funeral of a woman I worked with back then, whose liver just gave out from excessive drinking. She was in her 30's and a mother. So sad.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Haha I'm just a little slower in my judgement about "the good doctor". He has become more exploitive in the last few seasons, especially with that Dr Phil family nonsense. Yes, the rehab is paid for so that is good for Todd. Those rehabs the show sends people to are not affordable for regular people with addictions, so in that sense it is good that Dr Phil is helping people get help they would otherwise have no access to. Never has he had someone sooo obviously intoxicated on set before which is what I object to. Those few days of preparation could have meant the difference of life or death for this young man.

Let's face it the 'good doc' does so much for his fame. BUT that being said, I did watch yesterday and the fact TODD is now off to REHAB is the GOOD that came out of this show.

The MD that Doc P had on said that while everyone is looking at Todd and thinking all they see is Todd slurring his words and shaking, that Tood's INSIDES are a TRUE disaster.
    The MD that was on said he has no idea how his LIVER is even functioning anymore.

Hoping Todd does well in rehab and goes from there to sober living for a very long time.

If Todd spirals backward after his time in rehab, I doubt his body will be able to handle any more alcohol.

Yes, Todd spent all his winnings on alcohol.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    KAREN

To the Point

I cannot stand Dr. Phil but I did watch a very few minutes and it just broke my heart. Todd is in a very bad way. Dr. Phil needs to stop exploiting people, but he will not. I will not even pretend to even have the capacity to understand how one gets in such bad shape, but I pray that this rehab will be a great start to a life of recovery. It is really, really difficult to imagine him being able to turn things around just because of how dependent is body is at this point, but I hope and pray he can. I hope that he has a fabulous set of doctors to help get him through this.

+ Reply to Thread