+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by cali
    And she DIDN'T do it to win a compition. She did it for NOTHING.

I wonder how many parents of her students they talked to?
    I think she did it for a good reason: getting attention because she knew if she strips, chances are the stripping would be broadcasted on the national TV, which would generate a lot of talking in other shows, online forum..blah blah blah, and as a result, she would become popular and well known. Now you guys all fall into her trap.

Does she care how parents of her students react to her behaviour? If she is planning to be an actress after the show like many people who come to reality TV show, I guess she doesn't really care what parents would say.

Originally posted by lol_its_fun
    I think she did it for a good reason: getting attention because she knew if she strips, chances are the stripping would be broadcasted on the national TV, which would generate a lot of talking in other shows, online forum..blah blah blah, and as a result, she would become popular and well known. Now you guys all fall into her trap.

Certainly possible, though she is hardly more popular because of it.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by BravoFan
    I just want to know how it was possible for Christy to have sex down on the mall on the 4th of July. I've been there 4 times myself on the 4th and there are l ike 300,000 people there.
    Gee, I can think of about 3 different ways.

(and yes I do have a morals clause where I work, but I doubt it covers my being able to think of this. Actually as I had one old guy tell me "you damn kids think you invented sex, I could tell you stuff to make your hair stand up.", I think some days I need to be protected from the old people. )
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I wrote a book on this post. Not quite, but nearly. I hit send and I got sent to the sign in page (i friggen love and hate that at the same time)

OK- so -in short now-
    Voyager -
    "I am amazed at exactly how high out standards are for our teachers (an extremely underpaid career move by the way) compared with how low are standards are for others. It was not that long ago that there was a high placed government figure that told our children that oral sex wasn't really sex and that lying was okay, He wasn't removed from his high-placed job. I guess that I would be a whole lot more worried about how a gym teacher behaved on a reality show affecting my kids."
    ----------
    THANK YOU - THANK YOU - AND THANK YOU. EXCELLENT POST.
    ---------
    MISS F
    I admire your honestly and my heart went out to you when I read your posts.
    thank you too.
    ------------
    Jill - I think your trying to convey something that does make sense but, when it comes to this girl/woman - she's an idiot.
    My 16 yr. old daughter & 15 yr. old niece have too much going for them to think of Heidi as anything but a Hooters whore. She shouldn't be teaching kids. PERIOD.
    -----
    John - I agree with almost everything you posted.
    ---
    Wayner --ditto on the Butch comment. He's a good man AND A GOOD TEACHER/ROLE MODEL
    HELLO
    teachers are role models!!!!!!
    -------
    Finally -
    If my kids were in her class they're old enough now to know what a shallow person she is.
    Who said she was goodlooking? She is bad ass ugly!

And the voice alone --- she can't speak correct english?

arrrrrgh

I'm done with this subject.

One more thing......home schooling......um
    no
    I can't afford it.
    I have a kid with a deadbeat dad. I work my ass off to get by.
    Public schools suck IF you don't work hard with them and your kids (JMO) and I do. She does well. I'll be glad when she's 18 from public school burnout.

And finally - I have cousins who are loaded (their own freaking jets)
    their kids are home-schooled and very, very good kids.

It all comes down to one thing really.

Being the best parent you can be and taking advice, listening - monitoring what your kids watch. And if they're watching something you HATE -i.e REAL WORLD MTV <--GONE TO HELL

shut it off.
    There is a fight here every tuesday night. I do not give in.

I'm done!!
    not sorry for the ramble either cuz this @hit pisses me off.....

-----
    well.
    I am sorry if I offended anyone as I don't feel anyone here was trying to do anything but make a good point.
    I just agree to disagree.
    peace out~~~
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

Originally posted by Jill
    I stick by my belief that most teachers completely suck anyway. I'd never put my kids through public school for that very reason.
    Please do keep your kids out of public school if that is your belief. We have enough parents who make generalizations about all of us based on their own rather narrow life experiences (and by narrow, I mean that you personally have not experienced even a fraction of a percentage of all public school teachers in the US), thank you very much. Quite frankly, we can do without the abuse.

There are plenty of us who care about whether our students learn. Sure, there are some who don't belong in the classroom, but in my experience (and I am a product of a large urban public school district as well as a public school teacher), they are the exception rather than the rule.

I'll clue you in on one fact, though...if you are cooperative with your children's teachers-- that is, if you make sure your kids do their homework nightly, send them to school with their bellies full and in appropriate clothing, and reinforce to your children that their teacher is an authority figure who deserves the right to teach in a peaceful and safe environment-- you will earn both their cooperation and their gratitude.

I am sorry if this seems like a flame, but I feel that bashing all teachers for the "sins" of a few is unnecessary and inappropriate.

Freiss, it's nice to have a teacher weigh in with thoughts on this thread.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'd rather have a decent teacher who strips naked on national TV for peanut butter...
    My only problem with this statement is that we have absolutely no evidence that Heidi IS a 'decent' teacher.

Given the views she's expressed SEVERAL times about body images, as a psychology major, I can assure you that she has the potential to be very damaging to the kids in her class. Just imagine how you would feel if you were a young lady in Heidi's class that was not 'skinny.' Most pre-pubescent teen girls don't have much self-confidence in the first place, and to have to be in an environment where the teacher has clearly expressed views about 'cute' vs. 'fat' girls would certainly not help matters at all.

Princess
    Originally posted by KylieGrant
    Most pre-pubescent teen girls don't have much self-confidence in the first place, and to have to be in an environment where the teacher has clearly expressed views about 'cute' vs. 'fat' girls would certainly not help matters at all.
    Indeed, Kylie. Not to mention that those girls who are "skinny and cute" will feel like they have support from a teacher to behave like it was something to brag about, and to make fun of others that are not. As I said before, I don't mind the stripping - but I REALLY mind what she's been saying about being young, cute, and skinny (or having a good body, I think was what she really said). And I would mind it even if she wasn't a teacher. I hope no young girl takes her seriously.

First of all Heidi said demeaning things not only on national TV..survivor is being shown worldwide, i suppose....

and those things are shocking to hear coming from the mouth of the teacher who should set an example to her students...

Hello?!!! stripping for nothing? ranting about being cute as if it the most important thing than personality?...threesome?

if "she is excellent in their community so she must win" as the KOMU news says...don't know what kind of community they have..

community of cute-stripping-for penaut butter-dumb-conceited people? Heidi then excels very well...

she's a role model. PERIOD.

Teachers are whether they want to be or not.

And I agree with most of the other posts regarding her attitude about the cute thing versus the fat thing - and all her other stupid comments - more bothersome than the stripping. By the time she stripped was anyone surprised?

We knew by then how shallow she is. And - so far as the body goes.
    She has big - ugly - fake boobs!!

I mean she looks as if they're gonna make her fall forward and not be able to get up!!

My niece and daughter think she's a fake skank.

If they were younger - 12 or 13 --they'd be out of her class.

now. they'd just laugh

k I'm done with this one.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

+ Reply to Thread