+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Nice reporting. :rolleyes

It would have been nice if the reporter had the facts straight.

I wouldn't condone it even if it actually WAS to win a challenge.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by enygma
    Gym teachers IMHO are always a tad off anyway.
    Amen to that. My first PE teacher was only known as "Mr. G" and my second as "Mr. B," both of them keeping a healthy supply of the most form-fitting BIKE (that's a brand) shorts.

My third, I can't remember his name but I can certainly remember one afternoon he and some rogue non-participating-in-the-school-dance students (yours truly included) ended up playing poker.

My fourth and last PE teacher, Mr. Henry, was from Haiti and I always suspected that he was in exile. His clothes said PE teacher but his watch said, "I used to be a Generalissimo."

Based on what I've seen, I think Heidi's brain is the same size as the enter key on my keyboard. However, if I was a member of the community where she teaches PE (that's a pretty big if), I would not paint a scarlet N on her.

She's displayed other characteristics that make her a questionable teacher but I don't think nudity is the deal-breaker.

I love that she's catching flack for this. I can't stand her.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fanatic
    Well, once again I dissent from the majority. I don't think it's a gym teacher's responsibility to be a constant example to people, especially children. She's young, single and good looking, I don't see any reason why we should expect her to act like a prairie wife. I thought it was silly that she stripped, and pretty worthless in terms of the game and the "reward" she got, but I don't think it has anything to her job, nor do I think she's horrible for doing it. It's just skin. I contend that it is parents' responsibility to teach their kids what they feel to be appropriate behavior. They shouldn't expect it from a reality TV show participant.

If parents want their kids taught by paragons of virtue, they should homeschool them. They've got no right to try to foist their "values" on public school teachers (Other than the obvious, of course) and tell them what to do in their personal lives.

well I have to disagree with everything you just typed

I believe that teachers should act a certain way.
    Do I expect them not to have a lif? No, of course not. Do I expect them to only have had sex in a number that would corrospoind with the amount of children they have? No again.

Would I want them on TV perpetuating the myth that a skinny body is the ONLY sexy/healthy body? Would I want them on TV stripping? Would I want to hear them go on about how women who can actually pinch an inch are not as worthy as ones who can't? NO.

I don't expect my kids teachers to be saints. I don't expect anyone to be a saint. I do however expect them to understand that they have an impact on the lives of the children that they teach. That teaching extends out of the class room and out into real life. Like it or not.

Just my opinions folks
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    @ number of children thing....

Well sure, but she is a gym teacher, not a when-it-is-ok-to-take-your-clothes-off teacher.

I didn't see the skinny body thing, which is lame of her to say - but still, as long as she is not saying it TO THE CHILDREN at work I can't really crucify her for it. I guess it's because not everyone's morals/values correspond, so it's not fair to expect teachers and other public figures to make everyone happy with theirs.

I totally paraphrased the skinny body thing. I can't remember what she said.

I used to think my parents only had sex 4 times.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    I have turned a blind eye to the idea that my parents EVER had sex.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree with everything you said Cali.

And honestly if I had a child that had her as a teacher I can guarantee you that he/she would no longer be in her class.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I would be outraged to hear my daughters gym teacher say the things that Heidi said on national television. I think that when you work with minors you need to set an example whether you are a parent or not. Not everyone can home school their children, so we have to expect that the people our schools employ (afterall, we are paying taxes) have slightly higher standards than exotic dancers.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread