+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Eldon Teacher Defends Her Survivor Stripping

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    My biggest problem isn't the stripping for the peanut butter (as utterly stupid as that was)

It's her comments that she has made consistently through the show about weight and the value of the person being directly tied to that.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Leo
    Premium Member

Stripping for peanuts - or, in this case, peanut butter - is just plain stupid. Not much more than that.

All those comments about weight and such were more disturbing. I don't think those are the type of things a teacher - especially a gym teacher - should be thinking. That is much worse.

The only comments Heidi made about weight were directly in reference to strength to do physical work. Deena, Jeanne & JoAnne all said almost exactly the same thing in the Saturn DVD. I can't recall a single reference Heidi made about weight in relation to beauty. What did I miss?

Heidi said that the other women (Deena, Joanna, Jeanne, Christy) were jealous of the BA because they were better looking and had better bodies. It may not be stated directly, but that sure sounds like a comment about weight in relation to beauty. Also, she said the other women should do the majority of the hard work "because of their fat reserves". I still at that one...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh but Lo....I'm sure MB or Jiffy was holding her at gunpoint forcing her to say those things. :rolleyes
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    or offered her peanut butter to say them. Oh, wait, she KEPT her clothes on for that comment, so there must not have been peanut butter.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, but she certainly must have been under some sort of duress to have said those mean, hateful things. I mean, sweet little Heidi would never say something so arrogant and mean-spirited unless she was forced to, right? :rolleyes

Originally posted by jodaar
    The only comments Heidi made about weight were directly in reference to strength to do physical work. Deena, Jeanne & JoAnne all said almost exactly the same thing in the Saturn DVD. I can't recall a single reference Heidi made about weight in relation to beauty. What did I miss?
    She did make a number of references to herself and Jenna as being "cute little girls". I think it's logical to interpret her "little" to mean thin in this context when it was followed by comments about the others having more strength due to their "fat reserves".

It's a pretty ignorant comment to make anyway.
    Janet probably weighed the most of all the women but she didn't have more strength than Jenna or Heidi.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Interpret the show however you want. I'll do the same.

Lobes, you're killing me.

Jodaar, are you saying that Heidi's comments about how the other women were jealous of their "cute, little bodies" isn't a comment about weight in relation to beauty?

+ Reply to Thread