+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I never felt that Dave's "hugs" truly came from the heart. I felt them to be so much for show and to score brownie points with the tribe. I am not a person either who wants total strangers hugging up on me either. I can't fault James for that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2611539;
    Well, as you know Dave was kidnapped and while hanging out at the other tribe James said something to Dave and Dave bent over to give a seated James a hug and James waved him away and said rather harshly, what did I tell you about that hug thing (paraphrasing here, not accurate). I just got this vibe off that entire scene.
    Ah, thanks....yes, it could have been interpreted that way. Does he really not like hugs...or just not hugs from guys. Apparently if it was Courtney he wouldn't have minded. We'll have to see if he objects to hugs from some of the other women....

It's a matter of interpretation because I didn't find James respond harsh at all. Matter of fact, he had a smile on his face. To me it seemed like he either was embarrassed by all the hugging Dave was doing OR saw right through it and how fake those hugs were and just didn't want to be a part of it.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

This was a great episode! I love challenges at night, and this was a good one. It was dramatic, and beautiful. The fireworks were cool! In red and yellow, they looked so pretty in the sky, with TC's temple under them. The IC was a trip, bizarre and a little hard core. Except when Courtney stepped up. It was Monty Python then. My only complaint is not havingt seen Jean-Robert in the armor. He would have looked formidable, no doubt. We finally got to see and hear Denise, Jean-Robert speaks Mandarin, Todd's the luckiest one there...just a great episode! But the best part was those birds! They were amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian;2614477;
    This was a great episode! I love challenges at night, and this was a good one. It was dramatic, and beautiful. The fireworks were cool! In red and yellow, they looked so pretty in the sky, with TC's temple under them. The IC was a trip, bizarre and a little hard core. Except when Courtney stepped up. It was Monty Python then. My only complaint is not havingt seen Jean-Robert in the armor. He would have looked formidable, no doubt. We finally got to see and hear Denise, Jean-Robert speaks Mandarin, Todd's the luckiest one there...just a great episode! But the best part was those birds! They were amazing!

I totally agree - i loved the episode. it was very charming and lent a lot to the entire atmosphere of the show AND it was quite intense! it's starting to heat up now but i can't say that i have anyone i'm solidly pulling for just yet. but, of course, i'm (in)patiently waiting for tonight's episode

cheers to all!

bridget
    TV is chewing gum for the eyes. - Frank Lloyd Wright

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Glad you loved it too, bridgetta. You're right, it was intense. It was jam-packed.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread