+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 10/04 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/04 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2601277;
    So whose brilliant idea was it to have Courtney cut the ropes? Why not automatically put her on puzzle patrol? ....
    I completely agree. I think the thinking was that she'd be useless there because whoever was on the puzzle part also had to drag the thing across the finish line. But if they put her and James on the puzzle, well....James would be capable of dragging the thing across the finish line by himself, IMO.

FORT Fan

Completely agree that Courtney should have done the puzzle. With James, they almost won even with her pathetic performance

I said the same thing about Courtney doing the puzzle, but as I watched I think she would have had just as much trouble dragging it to the finish line. It looked very, very heavy, so I don't think it would have helped. She just doesn't have much strength.

She did want to share the crab though. I thought they should have used if for bait in their traps...but then again I'm not starving

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2601417;
    ...... But if they put her and James on the puzzle, well....James would be capable of dragging the thing across the finish line by himself, IMO.
    Three posts up.

FORT Fan

She did want to share the crab though.
    I thought that making a crab broth out of it to make the rice more flavorful was a really good idea.

Bait in the fish trap would have made the most sense. One small stinky crab will draw in a lot of fish. Easily have gotten 10 times the protein in fish as that one crab would have provided. Use the fish scraps for more bait. And that fish trap they got (the net thing with hoops) takes no effort. Bait it, stick it in the water, check it periodically, eat.

James should have known this, he read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2600808;
    This is the CBS site---you can view the episode---it's in the beginning of the show, right after the discussion about what to do with the crab James caught.
    (BTW--Leslie's comments about the boys being hungry and cranky were funny too
    CBS.com - Innertube
    Thanks, NYC!

It seems that the muscular guys always get really pounded by the lack of food.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2600818;
    As I recall it the Barnes and Noble comment was that James had gone there to buy and read a book on survival, and just from that little bit felt he knew more about survival in the wild than most of these folks, even tho he was a city type guy (doesn't eat outdoors, etc.)...sort of wondering why everyone seemed to be so clueless about surviving on Survivor.
    Thanks, muchly, PWS

While I think James' impressions (about the others and their lack of survival knowledge) may have some truth to it, I interpret his comment more as he perceives the game from a survivalist viewpoint rather than as a social game. Alotta guys do that (remember Hunter?). I could see myself getting sucked into the same trap if I were a contestant.

The situation and the elements probably have that sort of effect on you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2603221;
    Bait in the fish trap would have made the most sense. One small stinky crab will draw in a lot of fish. Easily have gotten 10 times the protein in fish as that one crab would have provided. Use the fish scraps for more bait. And that fish trap they got (the net thing with hoops) takes no effort. Bait it, stick it in the water, check it periodically, eat.

James should have known this, he read a book.
    Maybe they could boil the crab with the rice, suck out most of the meat, and then put the shells and unreachable meat in the fish trap. I didn't notice they had a fish trap...wow, assuming there are fish around that's great. Do they even know what it is? They could even tie up some rice fragments in a bit of cloth and use that a lure, especially rice that had been cooked with crab....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011