+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leslie - China

Re: Leslie - China

I think Todd may tell Leslie if he finds the HII. It depends on how he feels about his alliance with Amanda and Aaron. A secret backup wouldn't be a bad thing, if Leslie can keep it quiet. If Amanda and Aaron start getting too cozy, switching to Leslie (and maybe James?) might be a good alternative. Taking out either Aaron or Amanda at the same time would prove how good a player he is. Can Leslie prove her worth?

FORT Fogey

I would put money on it that Todd is going to keep it to himself if he procures the idol. He appears to be a saavy player. He would be wise to keep it from his alliance as well, at least until he feels it necessary.

When another knows about the idol they then have power with another by sharing the secret and on it goes toward the mission of getting the idol to be played so it is out of circulation. No one wants another player to have that power in your alliance or not.

AND he has seen the consequences of sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ladychat;2593126;
    Yes, I'm getting "christian fatigue" too.

She will be heavily criticized when she does something that is exceedingly un-Christian, and it is inevitable that she will.
    This quote is exactly what is wrong with many people's interpretation of Christians. There just seems to be this attitude that because someone is a Christian, they are all of the sudden supposed to be perfect and make no mistakes, or do something un-christian. Many people start their opinions by stating that they are not religious and have a limited knowledge about Christianity -this is painfully obvious. One of the cornerstones of the Christian faith is that none are without sin. We are sinners, we will sin, we will do things that are un-christian. The exception may be Christ and some saints, but I have not seen any saints sign up for a reality television show. I know Jameka and Leslie are different, but their almost immediate persecution in the world of reality TV chat is frighteningly similar. It seems some are so uncomfortable with religion (forget that, not religion, Christianity) they salivate waiting to be the usurper of the big farce - Christians are not perfect. We know, we accept that, and most of us try. I am not a person of hate or intolerance. I am not a bigot or a racist or someone who believes I am better than the guy standing next to me, but I make mistakes, I say things that are "un-christian", but I think more often than not, I stand on the side of grace.

I don't see anything that Leslie has done or said that would make her a bad Christian, or a bad person for that matter, much to the disappointment of the waiting masses.

At least she left before she got any of her God on me!

FORT Fogey

Maybe God should have told her to keep her mouth shut.

I guess I should make clear that non of my above stated opinion goes to say Leslie was a good player at the game of survivor. Her mistakes, game wise, were a plenty. It's true, that girl could not keep her mouth shut. Not a good player in my opinion, but It seems a good person.

I'm sorry to see her go, I liked her. But, she was not the smartest player. Girl should have kept her mouth shut.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I respect Lesley for her faith. I applaud her for it. I think that Christian tenets are very laudable and the "golden rule" is a wonderful example of how to live your life that is found in some form in most religions. I also think that the edits she got went out of their way to show every mention of god/Jesus that she made. I am sure she had many other conversations that weren't shown, but to me, it wasn't the Christianity aspect that made her annoying. It was the whole concept of "god's will". In almost every context that she was shown uttering something to this effect, it came across to me that she was shunning personal responsibility/decision-making. Also, the editing actually tried to make her look stupid. Example: She lifts her hands up as it begins to rain and says, "God provides." Next shot, the camera pans to the lush green vegetation that practically screams that it rains every day. Now, if it had started raining in a desert... So, buttons were pushed.

It is possible to be informed and knowledgeable about Christianity (being a lapsed church goer) but to form and incorporate your own belief system. Of course no one is perfect, and poor Lesley got the "annoying" edit. I am sure she is a nice person and a great friend to have. It is probably better for her that she is off relatively early and doesn't have to struggle with being conniving.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2600190;
    it wasn't the Christianity aspect that made her annoying. It was the whole concept of "god's will". In almost every context that she was shown uttering something to this effect, it came across to me that she was shunning personal responsibility/decision-making. Also, the editing actually tried to make her look stupid. Example: She lifts her hands up as it begins to rain and says, "God provides." Next shot, the camera pans to the lush green vegetation that practically screams that it rains every day. Now, if it had started raining in a desert... So, buttons were pushed.
    Wonder if she believes that global warming is God's will?

She seemed to age quickly on the show. Everytime they showed her, she looked 5 years older than the time before.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2600200;
    Wonder if she believes that global warming is God's will?
    Now remember, global warming is a myth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast