+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot Picks 3/8 **Spoilers**

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2271097;
    What a surprise, the tribe that has less than nothing continually losing to the tribe that has everything including the kitchen sink! The luxury camp twist is actually worse than the outcast idea.
    I TOTALLY agree. I want the old Survivor back, where everybody's starving and looking like holocaust prisoners. And go back to the reward being something like a couple of fishing hooks or a bag of rice. It's just all so foo-foo now.

Thanks, Fluffster.

I am so not even looking forward to watching. Sigh. This season is a disaster! Maybe they can just fast forward the entire thing, get on to the final two and start the next season. Maybe Rocky will provide some entertaining moments while he's on Exile Island.

And *poof* there goes yet another woman. And Moto wins immunity again.

I'll have to record this one in case I fall asleep and miss something.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2271288;
    what could they do? the season has ended, they can't go back and change it now.
    I know that, but Burnett could have done something during the game to try and shake things up. I always assumed he had a plan b and c if something didn't work. Even though he's tried to say that things are set in stone once filming starts rolling and it's by the book, Burnett himself as well as other contestants have said that certain things were/weren't supposed to happen but did (one case in point was back during Outback, a tribe switch that was supposed to happen if a particular contestant-Keith-was voted out. Since he wasn't, they didn't do the switch). If they had really thought it through, they would see that tribes from back in the day that got a decent meal for a reward or received supplies to catch food around camp and were successful usually fared better in the IC that followed. Maybe they were so into the underdog story of Aitu last season when they triumphed even after a mutiny that they thought it'd be a good storyline for this season, to have a tribe with nothing beat a tribe with everything. Too bad it didn't happen that way.

First and foremost they need to have a creative team that is actually creative. Second, get back to basics and stop the recruiting. Why are they recruiting people that don't even care enough to watch the show to begin with and expect drama? Third, casting an abundance of obnoxious people is not entertaining
    Completely agree. I always defended recruiting, because all I care about having is an interesting and entertaining cast. But it's like they intentionally look for the most obnoxious, whiny, and boring people out there to recruit that have no interest in playing the game.

And *poof* there goes yet another woman. And Moto wins immunity again.
    I guess I'm used to seeing women go this season I didn't even realize that not one guy has been voted off yet (not counting Gary since he had to leave). Probably something else they didn't expect I wonder if we'll see another men vs. women next season.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-08-2007 at 07:28 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Interesting they all thought Rocky was going to Exile Island and not Earl.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    you make some good points, karalott - and it looks like there are some change ups next week.

i thought it would be itneresting that when the tribes merged, they had to go back to the 'poor' beach and leave the lapo of luxury - let's see how the 'haves' handle deprivation...
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I'm so tired of Moto and their luxury BS. Like this is some great experiement. My nine year old asked me why anyone thought that Ravu would have a chance. Nice that he knows something the producers can't seem to figure out.

The Ravu tribe has no chance of any of them going to the end. No wonder they all took a mud bath last night. I'd give up too.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2272920;
    I'm so tired of Moto and their luxury BS. Like this is some great experiement. My nine year old asked me why anyone thought that Ravu would have a chance. Nice that he knows something the producers can't seem to figure out.

The Ravu tribe has no chance of any of them going to the end. No wonder they all took a mud bath last night. I'd give up too.
    Except Yao man, don't forget! Tougher/smarter than he looks. Maybe he'd tried this before, or actually watched sumo wrestling, or actually watched what the losers who came before him were doing wrong (to this watcher it looked as though the winning strategy was an off to the side hit that threw your opponent off balance, followed up by knocking them down and off the platform before they could recover--unless of course, as in some cases, you outweighed your opponent by 50 lbs. or more).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12